Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2010, 19:08   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas on BBC Radio Lancashire

Iylas,
thank you for your response (once again).
Will the new stadium be funded/owned by the community not the club to safeguard it as a key community asset.
For example, the club pay a comical fee for a 100 year lease?

Also,
While I agree the shares are worthless, shouldnt the majority shareholder part fund any future project?
And if its a question that they havent got the capital, we as fans are right to ask after the past 12 months, do either EW or DO have the finances to run the club in the short to medum term at a loss, albeit a smaller loss with no debt to re-pay?
I dont expect you to answer that question but I included it to show how much we dis-trust the formentioned.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2010, 19:11   #122
Senior Member+

I wanted to add,
it pains me that the club relies upon you to bail them out when they hit financial problems. If they havent got the cash to sustain the club, then what is it that motivates them? status?

Can you please see there are so many questions to be answered if DO or EW remain in a senior role at the club.
Old 16-04-2010, 19:17   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
The future sounds good. The only other thing that i would suggest is keeping an all standing end!
I doubt you would get planning permission these days to build a ground with terracing
Old 16-04-2010, 19:21   #124
Senior Member+

lancsdave - im sure a club either in the blue square south or Ireland (I am trying to find the article as I type) built a new stand with half terrace / half seating.
Old 16-04-2010, 19:28   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
lancsdave - im sure a club either in the blue square south or Ireland (I am trying to find the article as I type) built a new stand with half terrace / half seating.
That maybe for blue square or soutern Ireland BUT we're football league and football league rules apply and does rely on mainly seating terraces, end of really nowt we can do about it same as health and safety rules.

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 19:32   #126
God Member

Morecambe will be having standing areas at their new ground that they are about to move into.

Seating is only applicable 3 years after entry to the Championship. Maybe thats part of why Ilyas mention about round pegs and triangular holes? An all seater stadium would remove much of what we are about and is totally unnecessary.
Old 16-04-2010, 19:38   #127

its an idea that needs to be carefully planned and then implemented, and it will require a partnership with local authorities as well as other important stakeholders. The whole point of the exercise is to help nurture the club towards a self sustaining future, and yes, having secure tenure is important.

Guys, this website has been very important over the past, and a high degree of trust exists here. I would like to request that we keep things in perspective. My intentions in sharing my thoughts with you was not to create some sort of diversion to the core issues we still face, nor is it to try and bring focus onto a plan that still needs a lot of fleshing out. It was to try and continue with my pledge to be accessible and open with you all.

Just on the question of the club and the cost - i dont think its feasible for the development to be funded through the club. We all know of many clubs where the future has been mortgaged to "grand ideas". My promise to you all is that we will keep ourselves firmly grounded, and the safety and interests of the club will be put first in the plans.

I would hope that as the year progresses I can share details and benefit from feedback.

in the meantime, we still need to get behind coley and the boys for the last few games. lets end on a positive this season.
I am around for the next 20 mins or so for questions, if any. Dave did i miss your point ?

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 19:46   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Morecambe will be having standing areas at their new ground that they are about to move into.

Seating is only applicable 3 years after entry to the Championship.
Well obviously not a planning problem then

Presumably they have provsion to convert those areas in to seating though. They might need it in 4 years
Old 16-04-2010, 20:04   #129
Super Moderator

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Right, after I was flagging a bit, that's totally remotivated me!
Old 16-04-2010, 20:33   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Right, after I was flagging a bit, that's totally remotivated me!
That echoes my feelings exactly Wyn...a true vision for the future of Accrington Stanley from one who has the expertise and drive to turn the vision into reality !, and a concept which transforms the 51%
shenanigans and those involved in them into near-nonentities by it's sheer enormity !.
I repeat my admiration for Ilyas Khan, not only for saving our great Club from a fall into oblivion, but also his obvious Management perspicacity and application. Elements which those who thought they knew better, or for more sinister reasons, denied from the Management of Accrington Stanley when they were most needed !. (UKC !...you will note that I am once again wearing my RED-Coloured glasses..but this time with some confidence !!)..
'ON STANLEY !..ON !..to a brighter future filled with enterprise and success!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 20:55   #131
Super Moderator

Quite right, Mr Y, and by the way, we'll be expecting the pleasure of your company in the pub tomorrow (not forgetting the immortal Alfred!)...your absence has been noted!
Old 16-04-2010, 21:15   #132
God Member

A Heck of a lot to take in there and a truly great vision for the Future

I can see now the Business side of things developing with that sort of development which is great because with that comes sustainability

My Main concern at the moment is we still don't seem to be reaching out to the wider public of Hynburn and surrounding areas to help increase crowd numbers.

The age bracket of 12-16 year old is one that is often overlooked and I may be wrong but I think the Clarets are only slightly dearer in that bracket and Rovers are round and about in the Season Ticket stakes.

I noticed in the Observer walk on prices have increased unless booked online with the new C3PO System which again bulds up the database but not everyone has web access and other's make their minds up at the last minute and that increase may put some off?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 21:34   #133

Pendle, you have done us all a favour by reminding us of a critical aspect of any plan going forward. When i got to grips with the situation last summer (prior to being politely asked by the then directors to "go away"), I thought it would take a few years to build back the trust and the bond with a wider fan base, and give them a reason to come back to the ground. I dont quite know whether we are many years away, or many many years away, but its a long term project that needs careful shepherding. In the meantime, as we subsist on low gates, we need to be grounded in our efforts to pay our way in the league. Does that make sense to you ?

I can see the enthusiasm for the club, but I am assuming we wont be filling out the terraces with 3000+ crowds in the coming season or two, but that if we really are welcoming and hospitable in all the ways that matter, then we can have our own neat little self sustaining relationship with the fans.

My few months of experience are still nothing compared to the expertise out there in others' minds, but I know that without our fans we are nothing.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 21:58   #134
God Member

That makes perfect sense to me

Your second paragraph eptimises what needs to be done to help achieve this goal, for me it was knowing I could spend some quality time with my kids watching football in a safe enviroment for a reasonable price.

If anybody had told me five years ago I would be following Accrington Stanley, I would have told them they were off their rocker

I suppose I have always seen the potential with the Club in terms of on & off the pitch but what used to always drive me mad was the seemingly sideways steps the Club seemed to make or doing things on the cheap?

If I honest with myself the stuffing was kicked right out of me earlier this season with what went on and the size of the debts that had been built up and how close this Club came to being consigned to the History Books once more, that has slightly eroded over your tenureship and I thinks most peoples reactions on this thread alone will tell you in what high esteem you are held in and how much gratitude as fans we all owe to you.

I think the thoughts of returning to the bad old days was just to much to take on board so soon after the last shambles.

Time is a great healer but as I have said before and this is not a criticism of yourself but for most the scars are still raw and trust has to be rebuilt by others in and around the Club only then will the scar really heal.

I Hope that makes sense?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 22:07   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
A Heck of a lot to take in there and a truly great vision for the Future

I can see now the Business side of things developing with that sort of development which is great because with that comes sustainability

My Main concern at the moment is we still don't seem to be reaching out to the wider public of Hynburn and surrounding areas to help increase crowd numbers.

The age bracket of 12-16 year old is one that is often overlooked and I may be wrong but I think the Clarets are only slightly dearer in that bracket and Rovers are round and about in the Season Ticket stakes.

I noticed in the Observer walk on prices have increased unless booked online with the new C3PO System which again bulds up the database but not everyone has web access and other's make their minds up at the last minute and that increase may put some off?
Great stuff these announcements in the Observer, unfortunately I have as much chance of getting an Observer as you have of getting a Galloway News. It's a good job that the SPL fixtures are such that I can get down to the game tomorrow and get an Observer but why is this not on the website. There are quite a few of us who are not local but come down from time to time and would like to know whats going on.

It looked like it would be worth my while buying a season ticket for the number of games I get down to for this season but when i emailed the club with a few questions to help me decide I got no reply so I didn't get one. I may consider one this season as with the vouchers thrown in it would be £120 which equates to how many games?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..