Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

katex 14-04-2009 22:57

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704512)
Was just going to say Cashy when Ian had the factory at bottom of Bridge Strret in Church the police were quick to give him a ticket when he was unloading things for the works. As you say funny how times change:(

Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..

accyman 14-04-2009 22:59

pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

im not ashamed to say i watched out the window with great joy at the buggers faces when they saw their tickets on their windscreens

they didnt park there again

BERNADETTE 14-04-2009 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704520)
Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..

So what you are telling me is that even though the police are cruising along Blackburn Road(as they were tonight with no emergency to deal with) and they see a car parked illegally they do nothing? If that is the case it is a joke:(

katex 14-04-2009 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704509)
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then,:( wonder why things have changed.:(

Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 704522)
pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

Think it is just an experiment in certain areas so far with PCSO's who have been given the power to issue parking tickets ... however, they will be still sub-contracted to the Local Authority to that area .. not the Police Authority.

Also, the police can move in in these circumstances, as (I think) may come under a criminal offence if no restrictions on the road ...sort of trespassing.

cashman 14-04-2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704528)
Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?:(

katex 14-04-2009 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704530)
then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?:(

More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.

cashman 14-04-2009 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704531)
More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.

Possibly so, but its really galling, when i consider i was stopped about 6-30 one winters evening, on me way to pick a fare up.:(

cherokee 15-04-2009 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704491)
Funny that none of our local councillors have commented on this problem yet Greg Pope has promised to look into it. Is it not a problem if it isn't in the wards they are elected to represent? Wonder what the response would be if someone is injured or even killed because of the illegal parking.

Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses :(

Ive seen some dreadful near misses on Blackburn road in recent years and I dont think anything has ever been done to rectify the problem , and funnily enough about 95% seem to be coloured , and thats nots not me being racist thats me saying that these guys seem to have their own rules , esp on Blackburn road and like flashy says certain areas in Blackburn too.
Makes me wonder what uproar if any there will be when a kiddie gets hit.
We have parking regulations for a reason.

BERNADETTE 15-04-2009 00:52

Quote:

Cherokee Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell:(

jaysay 15-04-2009 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704497)
So there is nothing anybody can do? You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be an uproar if/when somebody gets hurt, it is disgusting that these things are allowed to happen:mad: Why can the police not do anything? These people are breaking the law by parking illegally:confused:

Couldn't agree more Bernie, why on earth is parking now the responsibility of the councils, either HBC or LCC, irresponsible parking is breaking the law of the land, not a local authority Bylaw and should be dealt with by the police. I will just say one thing though, if you were to park on the pavement, on say Union Road in Ossy on a regular basis, I don't think i would be to long before there was a nice little ticket placed nicely behind your windscreen wipers:rolleyes:

jaysay 15-04-2009 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 704519)
yeah but like all good threads they wander a bit :D

Quite right accyman Wandering Walter would have had a field day on here:D

Bernard Dawson 15-04-2009 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704557)
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell:(

My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune

cashman 15-04-2009 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 704614)
My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune

yeh but why haven't they?:confused:

mattylad 15-04-2009 12:16

Re the little wander off topic about stopping when a flashing blue light vehicle is behind you, As far as I know you are only required to stop when a "uniformed police officer" tells you to do so, so if the driver/passenger is not in full uniform (including hat) then you (As far as I know) do not need to pull over. They can get a marked vehicle to stop you if needed, at which point you are required to stop.

Bernard Dawson 15-04-2009 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704616)
yeh but why haven't they?:confused:

I don't really know why. If a illegal parking is treated the same, no matter which part of the Borough it might occur, than I would have thought that no one could have grounds for complaint.

It's not just Blackburn Rd. In Gt Harwood I am sure that double yellow lines must mean something different than what they do in the rest of the Borough.