Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

katex 10-08-2009 22:08

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 734999)
Here's another one for you Mick, What the heck for a change not parked with 2 wheels on the curb, all four of them.

Technically, it is illegal - the order will be effective from the carriageway centre line to the back of the fooway. However, he's not causing an obstruction in the highway (which is what the solid line in bus stops is meant to prohibit).

It is very unlikely that he would get a ticket for this because there is too much 'grey area' for a parking attendant to risk it.

cashman 10-08-2009 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 735291)
Technically, it is illegal - the order will be effective from the carriageway centre line to the back of the fooway. However, he's not causing an obstruction in the highway (which is what the solid line in bus stops is meant to prohibit).

It is very unlikely that he would get a ticket for this because there is too much 'grey area' for a parking attendant to risk it.

thats true cos those cretins only like easy pickings.:rolleyes:

Mick 05-11-2009 07:22

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry but here we go again
as you can see there was plenty of room to park on the road but this guy had to block the pavement

flashy 05-11-2009 07:27

and the Police van sailed right passed it .... nice of them to realise wasnt it

accyman 05-11-2009 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 760652)
Sorry but here we go again
as you can see there was plenty of room to park on the road but this guy had to block the pavement

theres proof of what iv said before about the police simply driving by and doing jack sh1t about it, even if not a traffic cop they can still nick them or tell them to move on

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 760653)
and the Police van sailed right passed it .... nice of them to realise wasnt it

you posted the same time as me lol , what you have to remember here is its blackburn road and UK law is harder to enforce here for some reason

Mick 20-12-2009 07:30

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad-parking.jpgThey are still parking on the pavement

claytonender 20-12-2009 07:58

Mick I have sent you a message about the latest picture.

jaysay 20-12-2009 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 770922)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad-parking.jpgThey are still parking on the pavement

That camera don't have come in useful mick:D

claytonender 21-12-2009 12:36

Mick I have just spoken to the PCSO and they will contact the owner of the vehicle.

derekgas 21-12-2009 12:55

I'm glad my white merc vito was parked in my drive, I may have got the blame :D

GypoDec 06-01-2010 21:19

Had my van parked further down bburn road outside Fatimahs just before little street,.... I was parked on the road and in a parking bay may i add.

When i came out of the shop i had been blocked in from both sides..... By a van parked on the pavement delivering to the paper shop and by a taxi left at the side of my van blocking the road with its hazards on and with no driver.

I WAS FUMING as i was stood waiting for a least 10 minutes, had a good mind to get in the van and drive into the side of the taxi.

SPUGGIE J 07-01-2010 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 760654)
theres proof of what iv said before about the police simply driving by and doing jack sh1t about it, even if not a traffic cop they can still nick them or tell them to move on

you posted the same time as me lol , what you have to remember here is its blackburn road and UK law is harder to enforce here for some reason

Unless there is a 100% certainty of making some dosh they will leave be esp as it is Blackburn Road. They dont want to upset the residents and be accused of picking on them because of who they are.

Mick 19-05-2010 12:48

1 Attachment(s)
Double parking

Neil 19-05-2010 12:58

I wish I had been driving up the road behind him :D

Less 19-05-2010 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 816012)
Double parking

I do apologise, most remiss of me, not to worry, I only park like that normally after a day on the ale, today must be an exception!
:D