Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

Mick 20-05-2010 04:21

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

It was a woman waiting for her friend to get the takeaway.
(she saw me take this photo and got out of the car to ask why i was taking it) hehe

Tealeaf 20-05-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 816149)
(she saw me take this photo and got out of the car to ask why i was taking it) hehe

Maybe she thought you was a terrorist plotting to blow up the Kyber burger bar.

jaysay 20-05-2010 09:03

Quote:

You could have been really mischievous mick and said you were a police photographer:D

katex 20-05-2010 17:29

Quote:

So what did you say ? Great chassis luv.. :D

mallard 21-05-2010 11:49

That wont do anything a bout it they get a way with thease things

duggie 24-02-2011 22:30

parking on Blackburn Road

Can somebody please tell me why it is now common practice to park half on the pavement half in the road straggling double yellow lines. This is a very common practice between the traffic lights at the top of Oxford street and the bottom of Lonsdale St, why do the traffic wardens walk past these cars, seen with my own eyes today

cashman 24-02-2011 22:32

Re: parking on Blackburn Road

been goin on fer years, theres a thread wi pics about it somewhere.

Neil 24-02-2011 22:40

We have discussed this before and I think the general opinion of members is that parking rules dont apply to that section of road.

Tealeaf 24-02-2011 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 886931)
We have discussed this before and I think the general opinion of members is that parking rules dont apply to that section of road.

Yeah, you don't get parking rules in Sharia Law.

Neil 24-02-2011 23:00

I have no idea what you mean.

accyman 25-02-2011 22:06

as i have mentioned before a clampdown in teh area was attempted but it was printed in the press that it was abandoned and given up on as the people that way simply refused to learn their lesson

personaly i would have started seizing cars and crushing them until they took notice but alas it was easier for the council to run with its tail between its legs

get the resposability back into teh polices hands as after 5pm the traffic wardens go home.I would rather see extra police than traffic wardens that are too scared to go down there and do their jobs

mind you i have seen the police turn a blind eye on more than one occasion to people parked on zigzags which is a 3 point penalty and fine.Traffic wardens cant give the points either just the fine

Stumped 26-02-2011 19:19

Nearly got scooped up yesterday whilst crossing over the bottom of Willows Lane at 6pm by, not ONE, but TWO young Asian drivers who ran the red lights when turning off Blackburn Road. And yes, before anyone asks, the green man indicating 'safe to cross' was illuminated in my favour. Seems like traffic signals are there to be ignored as well.

shillelagh 26-02-2011 19:37

was in town late on this afternoon ... and saw a parking warden out and about .. checking a car that was parked in the parking bay at the side of the townhall on union street .. he was writing a ticket ...and a man was walking past with his grandkid .. and he said to the grandkid .. they want to attract people to accrington and they give em a parking ticket thats one that wont be back ..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

Neil 26-02-2011 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 887620)
..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

Why, because he was moaning? :rolleyes::D:D

cashman 26-02-2011 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 887620)
was in town late on this afternoon ... and saw a parking warden out and about .. checking a car that was parked in the parking bay at the side of the townhall on union street .. he was writing a ticket ...and a man was walking past with his grandkid .. and he said to the grandkid .. they want to attract people to accrington and they give em a parking ticket thats one that wont be back ..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

That would be fine if they were even handed about things, the fact Blackburn Rd is virtually ignored is what irks many people.