Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

Neil 27-02-2011 17:37

Re: parking on Blackburn Road

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot1002 (Post 887859)
Thank's for your comments Benipete on the 3 hour rule ( parking on double yellow lines) Where I was parked facing the town hall end, the sign says 2 hours with no return within 1 hour.This is a five car bay and did go over my 2 hours , by 26 mins...I will challenge this certainly, and I will let you know the outcome.......Tony,.

What is there to challenge?
You were caught 26 minutes over which you admit to.

yerself 27-02-2011 17:42

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil

Totally agree. First sensible post you've made in ages.

Alan Varrechia 27-02-2011 17:54

Just do like lots of others seem to be doing and park in tescos car park.

Benipete 27-02-2011 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 887875)

The challenge is that if you are allowed to park on double yellow lines for 3 hours it is reasonable to assume the same applies to parking bays as indeed in the parking bays behind the Nags Head the parking restrictions do not apply to disabled badge holders.

Not to mention that most of the parking lines and signs are illegal in Accrington anyway.

Neil 27-02-2011 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 887896)
The challenge is that if you are allowed to park on double yellow lines for 3 hours it is reasonable to assume the same applies to parking bays as indeed in the parking bays behind the Nags Head the parking restrictions do not apply to disabled badge holders.

Not to mention that most of the parking lines and signs are illegal in Accrington anyway.

It is reasonable to expect you to read the parking restriction plate when you park. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Benipete 27-02-2011 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 887926)
It is reasonable to expect you to read the parking restriction plate when you park. Ignorance is not an excuse.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_186198.pdf

Read on.Try page 18.

accyman 27-02-2011 22:07

Quote:

Badge holders may park for as long as they wish unless signs say otherwise
is there a sign that says otherwise where you parked ?

Benipete 27-02-2011 22:13

Not when I got my warning but this is not that time,However I doubt very much that there is.

It was Robot1002 that was asking so I just tried to help,as you do.

BERNADETTE 27-02-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 887833)
I know it's not a busy thoroughfare, but have you tried pushing a pram or even walking down Edgar Street lately? The taxi crews down there are regularly parked two abreast, stradding the pavement and jabbering to each other in whatever idiom they can muster - and to hell with pedestrians.

Nothing new there then, was like that when my eldest grandchild was a baby and she will be sixteen this time. Don't hold your breath for things changing anytime soon, as it was reported then and things have just got worse since re parking:(

Mr Aleks 28-02-2011 16:22

Three cars parked on double yellow lines today got wing mirrors took off with a merc sprinter. God bless the white van man. It was nice to see the owners running out of the kebab shop!

Neil 28-02-2011 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Aleks (Post 888091)
Three cars parked on double yellow lines today got wing mirrors took off with a merc sprinter. God bless the white van man. It was nice to see the owners running out of the kebab shop!

Did you have fun? :D

jaysay 28-02-2011 18:03

Quote:

You mean sod:eek::eek::eek::eek:You didn't get any photos to show the rest of use so we could all have a good laugh:D:D:D

Stumped 28-02-2011 18:19

Quote:

Give that man a medal.

accyman 28-02-2011 18:24

Quote:

they were probably running out so they could jump into tehir cars and claim whiplash ;)

jaysay 28-02-2011 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 888140)
they were probably running out so they could jump into tehir cars and claim whiplash ;)

They'd probably put a claim in before leaving the shop;)