Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

Mr Aleks 28-02-2011 18:51

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 888101)
Did you have fun? :D

Unfortunately it was not me Neil got made redundant again on Friday. But if it was me id have waited till they all crossed the road on the way to mosque! And it wouldnt have been a van either. Id have borrowed the local farmers combine harvester!!!

Que racist comment from PC do gooder!

duggie 28-02-2011 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Aleks (Post 888091)
Three cars parked on double yellow lines today got wing mirrors took off with a merc sprinter. God bless the white van man. It was nice to see the owners running out of the kebab shop!

did i only get three, could have sworn it was 5 lol

jaysay 01-03-2011 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by duggie (Post 888179)
did i only get three, could have sworn it was 5 lol

Must do better duggie:D

Mick 09-05-2011 06:03

1 Attachment(s)
A well known Taxi firm great parking (whats wrong with the road for a change):mad:

Neil 09-05-2011 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 904798)
A well known Taxi firm great parking (whats wrong with the road for a change):mad:

Why have you blanked out the reg and taxi number?
It was taken in a public lace so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

lancsdave 09-05-2011 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 904804)
It was taken in a public lace so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

Thats not how they see it, the pavements are for private parking ;)

jaysay 09-05-2011 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 904815)
Thats not how they see it, the pavements are for private parking ;)

There's a difference between parking a Yak cart and a car though Dave:rolleyes:

Gremlin 09-05-2011 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 904798)

I was waiting at the same junction for the lights to change when a car which had been parked on the footpath set off. He drove past the red light and cut out into Blackburn road while traffic was still exiting from Londsdale street.
A dark skinned man was driving and the name on the door was something like MAX.

heth 10-05-2011 07:01

Nice one Gremlin!! :D

They dont care do they? Aparently I have heard that traffic lights dont apply to taxi's just like seat belts!

Mick 10-05-2011 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 904948)
I was waiting at the same junction for the lights to change when a car which had been parked on the footpath set off. He drove past the red light and cut out into Blackburn road while traffic was still exiting from Londsdale street.
A dark skinned man was driving and the name on the door was something like MAX.

Sorry Gremlin this guy was white and just came out the laundrette.
so not the same one

Gremlin 10-05-2011 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 905033)
Sorry Gremlin this guy was white and just came out the laundrette.
so not the same one

I realize that Mick, the incident I saw occurred during the snowy months and the car was a different make and colour. It shouldn't have happened anyway.

Another day I parked in the lay-by outside the new shop near the Acorn medical centre to get a news paper. A chap came out of another shop, his car was parked on the footpath square on to the road and he was blocked in by my legal parking. He had to wait while I bought the paper, the words he spoke to me caused me great discomfort and I feared for my life.
I will have to accept the fact that since I passed my driving test in 1957 the rules of the road have changed, no longer is a it a requirement to give hand signals to indicate a turn or slow down and so forth and be considerate to other road users.

DaveinGermany 10-05-2011 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 905049)
his car was parked on the footpath square on to the road and he was blocked in by my legal parking. He had to wait while I bought the paper, the words he spoke to me caused me great discomfort and I feared for my life.

I'd have just turned round & gone back in (after getting his reg in case he hit mine by trying to squeeze out) & made the clown wait even longer. Petty I know but highly gratifying.:)

***Mr D*** 10-05-2011 17:35

Quote:

It was taken in a public place so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

Thought exactly the same thing.

accyman 10-05-2011 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905159)

as mick uses his real name and has his picture featured quite a lot in the gallery and obviously spends time in the area you cant really blame him for not wanting to upset someone by posting their car details as it wouldn't be too hard to find him if someone chose to take offense and seek retribution.

would hate for his next picture of a taxi to be taken from the underneath :D

DaveinGermany 11-05-2011 08:56

Quote:

Some might see this view as rather authoritarian & radical, somewhat like police intervention about perceived intentions. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905159)

Rather inconsistent isn't it "D" ? ;) :)