Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2013, 13:25   #91
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Off topic but the quotes in this thread are confusing me! I just read a post where the quote appeared as if it was quoting me, and I thought 'I didn't say that!'

Is it appearing like this for anybody else? Or have I done something wrong?
Its because in post 10 a quote was done incorrectly. Then someone quoted it and then quoted that one and it goes on and on. I have been working my way down the thread fixed the mess so hopefully it's correct and makes sense now
Less likes this.
Old 18-04-2013, 14:24   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Isn`t that how he likes to feel? (sorry, someone had to say it and the temptation just got to much)
It was a 'strategic' choice of words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its because in post 10 a quote was done incorrectly. Then someone quoted it and then quoted that one and it goes on and on. I have been working my way down the thread fixed the mess so hopefully it's correct and makes sense now
Lol thanks.

All I'm getting via the internet now is people emphasising the publicity this incident has caused compared to other tragedies happening on the same day...
Old 18-04-2013, 14:47   #93
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It was a 'strategic' choice of words

Lol thanks.

All I'm getting via the internet now is people emphasising the publicity this incident has caused compared to other tragedies happening on the same day...
Gosh, you think AccyWeb is that influential?

Maybe you should just decide to post questions you care about rather than glibly dismiss answers that people took time to give you?
Don't worry though next time you do ask a question, I won't waste my time helping you out.
Go struggle.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 14:58   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Gosh, you think AccyWeb is that influential?

Maybe you should just decide to post questions you care about rather than glibly dismiss answers that people took time to give you?
Don't worry though next time you do ask a question, I won't waste my time helping you out.
Go struggle.
Sorry Less, your post makes no sense to me aside from the part stating that I glibly dismissed an answer. I've already countered that by saying I didn't dismiss, I just emphasised that my query was not meant as a complaint-in case anybody thought it was.
Old 18-04-2013, 15:14   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
This whole "kill the infidel" religious hangup is interesting because the christian church started that. Lets not forget that it was Pope Urban II in 1090 that started the Crusades with his papal army who's battle cry was "god wills it"

I like to think we've progressed just a little over the thousand years since, but clearly the former infidel (who in a fit of originality now call us the infidel) have not.

What is amazing to me is that people still follow the Christian religion despite its historic crime sheet (which is indeed long)
If you are going to lecture the ignorant masses, at least get your dates right. Also, it is possible ... likely according to some academics ... that "deus vult" is a later embellishment of the type quite commonly tacked on to historical events. There are about half a dozen versions of Urban's speech, all written after the capture of Hierosolyma. I belive that only one of them mentions "deus vult" ... can't remember which one. Check it out on google if you are interested.

By the way, in WWl belt buckles in the Imperial German Army were stamped with "Gott mit uns".

God heard the embattled nations sing and shout
"Gott strafe England" and "God Save the King!"
God this, God that, and God the other thing.
"Good God," said God, "I've got my work cut out!"
Restless likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 16:29   #96
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Sorry Less, your post makes no sense to me aside from the part stating that I glibly dismissed an answer. I've already countered that by saying I didn't dismiss, I just emphasised that my query was not meant as a complaint-in case anybody thought it was.
If you can't understand that you posted a question asking for help, You were willingly given help, then you just dismiss that help!

You shouldn't be so ignorant as to post at all.

People on this site help, you belittle that help, how long before people get the attitude, why bother to help?

You get your tit's out, that's your job, if someone comes into the place and has the attitude, yeah tit's but I can't be bothered about how she shakes them about, how much of a let down would your tit's be?

Well I like looking at tit's but I don't want to be told after I've made the bother to reply to find my answer is after all the time I've spent, not even an amusement to you.

If you don't want an answer don't ask a question, it will leave me free to help someone that needs it rather than putting me off answering such selfish posts!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:12   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Don`t know, should have been knock, damn phone & stubby fingers
Um that's a good un I'll have to try that one
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:33   #98
God Member

Quote:
Off topic but the quotes in this thread are confusing me! I just read a post where the quote appeared as if it was quoting me, and I thought 'I didn't say that!'

Is it appearing like this for anybody else? Or have I done something wrong?
Don't worry about it Silly Mouse, it's just a

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:44   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you can't understand that you posted a question asking for help, You were willingly given help, then you just dismiss that help!

You shouldn't be so ignorant as to post at all.

People on this site help, you belittle that help, how long before people get the attitude, why bother to help?

You get your tit's out, that's your job, if someone comes into the place and has the attitude, yeah tit's but I can't be bothered about how she shakes them about, how much of a let down would your tit's be?

Well I like looking at tit's but I don't want to be told after I've made the bother to reply to find my answer is after all the time I've spent, not even an amusement to you.

If you don't want an answer don't ask a question, it will leave me free to help someone that needs it rather than putting me off answering such selfish posts!
How exactly do you feel I dismissed your help?
If it's because I said I didn't see the issue with quotes as a big deal, then I still stand by that-I wasn't losing any sleep over it, I was just wondering. I did appreciate your answer and did not mean to imply that I didn't-so I am sorry if it came accross that way.
Lol please stop calling my breasts 'tit's'. Call them 'tits' at least.
Old 18-04-2013, 17:55   #100
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How exactly do you feel I dismissed your help?
If it's because I said I didn't see the issue with quotes as a big deal, then I still stand by that-I wasn't losing any sleep over it, I was just wondering. I did appreciate your answer and did not mean to imply that I didn't-so I am sorry if it came accross that way.
Lol please stop calling my breasts 'tit's'. Call them 'tits' at least.
Less is obviously a 'tit's' man SM
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:57   #101
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Call them 'tits' at least.
Well, at least you're upfront about them.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:02   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well, at least you're upfront about them.
Can't really be backwards with them-that would look weird.

Anyway seeing as this is a family friendly forum I will not talk about Less' mention of my 'tit is' any more lol

I've said sorry, I was thankful for his answer and am sorry if it came across as being dismissive-I didn't mean it to was just aware that moderators may think I was whinging when I wasn't, I was just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Less is obviously a 'tit's' man SM
Old 18-04-2013, 18:22   #103

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

A storm in a C cup perhaps?
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 18-04-2013, 18:22   #104
I am Banned

Quote:
Can't really be backwards with them-that would look weird.

Anyway seeing as this is a family friendly forum I will not talk about Less' mention of my 'tit is' any more lol

I've said sorry, I was thankful for his answer and am sorry if it came across as being dismissive-I didn't mean it to was just aware that moderators may think I was whinging when I wasn't, I was just curious.

Just put it down to Less's corns giving him some gyp sugarm...in a week or so it will all be a distant mammary.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 18:25   #105

Some of the breast puns I've ever seen, those

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..