Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 10:00   #466
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Excuse me? You've seen the width of Roy, shouldn't that read, 'this free extra large'.

'Free' at the point of service.

I'm sure when her thermometer rises above zero, she'd be very willing to share the wealth, and make a large, or even XL, donation.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16   #467
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Free' at the point of service.

I'm sure when her thermometer rises above zero, she'd be very willing to share the wealth, and make a large, or even XL, donation.

Well in that case, I'm off to get ready for a Railway celebration, knowing that Roy is the sort of guy that will want to share his newly acquired potential wealth even before he has got it, (that lad has the makings of a really good Tory).

Oh No He Hasn't, sharing isn't a word in their vocabulary!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09   #468
God Member

Quote:
Which just goes to show that even though the begging bowl has yet to have one contribution in it, (as indicated by the thermometer), She or one of her aides is quite prepared to spend money they don't have on an item that isn't a very practical way of reaching constituents.

Oooh look, rindy seems to agree with me.
There is much fuss being made of the thermometer. It only shows money donated specifically through that website. The vast majority of candidates donations come from offline.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:14   #469
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
There is much fuss being made of the thermometer. It only shows money donated specifically through that website. The vast majority of candidates donations come from offline.
Wonder how many donations have come offline from her new constituents?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:54   #470
Senior Member+

Karen's helpers tried to put a big banner up on Daltons Printers. Needless to say Daltons will not be supporting the Conservative Candidate as the answer was no.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 13:19   #471
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Karen's helpers tried to put a big banner up on Daltons Printers. Needless to say Daltons will not be supporting the Conservative Candidate as the answer was no.
She's got helpers? As an outsider to this contest (before Jaysay reminds me ), I would've thought she'd be better getting out and about, making her views known to the public. Has anybody had sight of her yet?
Old 03-04-2010, 13:35   #472
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Can't make me mind up whether that is cheeky, enterprising or just plain dumb!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 14:03   #473

Quote:

Do you never get sick of banging your head against a brick wall?
No matter what you see, no matter how it's put, you think you can dash forward with a positive result.

Well, no, there is nothing positive about telling us she has a secret supply of cash, that we mere voters don't know about.
If she is strapped for cash, tell us, if she has secret backers that don't want to appear on her thermometer well no, you can't tell us, but we do want to know how and who's money she can so confidently waste on fliers in newspapers.

WE are the one's that will decide, not the moneymen, let's see this vision that will cure our woes either on site or in person around town.

andrew I think you are the worst advert for the Conservative Party, stop ruining her chances & shut up.
Old 03-04-2010, 14:34   #474
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

No matter what you see, no matter how it's put, you think you can dash forward with a positive result.

andrew I think you are the worst advert for the Conservative Party, stop ruining her chances & shut up.
n i thought only me thought that.
Old 03-04-2010, 15:39   #475
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I just presumed it was subterfuge campaiging, funded by one of the unions.

Old 03-04-2010, 15:40   #476
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I just presumed it was subterfuge campaigning, funded by one of the unions.

Old 03-04-2010, 16:05   #477
God Member

Quote:

Well, no, there is nothing positive about telling us she has a secret supply of cash, that we mere voters don't know about.
If she is strapped for cash, tell us, if she has secret backers that don't want to appear on her thermometer well no, you can't tell us, but we do want to know how and who's money she can so confidently waste on fliers in newspapers.

WE are the one's that will decide, not the moneymen, let's see this vision that will cure our woes either on site or in person around town.

Since when did I start doing to what you tell me to do?
Old 03-04-2010, 16:09   #478

Quote:
Since when did I start doing to what you tell me to do?
Never, but, if we are going to sort a few thing's out, when did you ever let sense get in the way of you distorting your parties line?
Old 03-04-2010, 16:13   #479
God Member

Quote:
Never, but, if we are going to sort a few thing's out, when did you ever let sense get in the way of you distorting your parties line?
From experience I know the majority of funding comes from offline donations, rather than someone logging in with a credit card. It's hardly following the party line to inform you of that. I'd hazard a guess that it's the same for the Labour Party.

Chill.
Old 03-04-2010, 16:15   #480
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
From experience I know the majority of funding comes from offline donations, rather than someone logging in with a credit card. It's hardly following the party line to inform you of that. I'd hazard a guess that it's the same for the Labour Party.

Chill.
From experience ya aint answered my question about how many of her new constituents have donated.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..