Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2010, 11:39   #376
God Member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You replied to a post, and quoted Wynonie, which named, and discussed myself.

It's there for all to see.

No twisting of words.

You can try and squirm, and back track, but what you said is there, for everyone to read, and people can make their own mind up about what you posted.
Oh yes, my post did refer to you. There's no doubt about that. My post was replying to when Wynonie had mentioned my name at the end of his post. My point was that you were not named, but knew that you were the one who was being referred to by simply the description of "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it".

Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter because quite frankly the post you made is disgustingly low.
Old 26-03-2010, 11:43   #377
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the only thing i find disgusting about all this, is the inability of you andrew to hold yer hand up when you are in the wrong.
Old 26-03-2010, 11:44   #378
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Oh yes, my post did refer to you. There's no doubt about that. My post was replying to when Wynonie had mentioned my name at the end of his post. My point was that you were not named, but knew that you were the one who was being referred to by simply the description of "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it".

Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter because quite frankly the post you made is disgustingly low.
Yes I knew you were referring to myself, because it was very similar to what you said in a message to me, to which I replied that I would carry on posting as I saw fit, prior to your sulky little withdrawl.

Like I said, I wasn't insulted, it just made me laugh, at your desparation.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 11:48   #379
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter
We'll See, We'll see, Ladbrooks odds aren't making it worth putting a bet on anyway.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 11:54   #380
God Member

Quote:
Yes I knew you were referring to myself, because it was very similar to what you said in a message to me, to which I replied that I would carry on posting as I saw fit, prior to your sulky little withdrawl.

Like I said, I wasn't insulted, it just made me laugh, at your desparation.

The only desperation here is you linking your illness into this when it has nothing at all to do with it. It's the most appalling accusation I've read on Accyweb.

I do hope you retract what you posted and apologise as there is no link or truth in it what so ever. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
We'll See, We'll see, Ladbrooks odds aren't making it worth putting a bet on anyway.
You're right. 'cause I'm angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.

Last edited by Mick; 26-03-2010 at 11:56.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 11:59   #381
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Quote:

You're right. 'cause I'm ****ing angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.
Damnation, I knew I should have put money on it, if you're still wound up we could even have gone for the treble.

P.S. has anyone ever told you, it's against the rules to use *** type things as a substitute for profanity?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 12:03   #382
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The only desperation here is you linking your illness into this when it has nothing at all to do with it. It's the most appalling accusation I've read on Accyweb.

I do hope you retract what you posted and apologise as there is no link or truth in it what so ever. I won't hold my breath.

You're right. 'cause I'm angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.
I stand by every post I make on this forum, and will leave it to others, others with the ability to read what's infront of them, to decide what was meant.

Old 26-03-2010, 12:04   #383
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Damnation, I knew I should have put money on it, if you're still wound up we could even have gone for the treble.

P.S. has anyone ever told you, it's against the rules to use *** type things as a substitute for profanity?
Must be terrrible.

To have your word of honour doubted.

Old 26-03-2010, 12:09   #384
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I stand by every post I make on this forum, and will leave it to others, others with the ability to read what's infront of them, to decide what was meant.

There can certainly be no accusations of 'twisting' of words, and devilish derring-do.

The thread link was given, so people can see what was said in context, and what was posted.

I leave it to others to make their own minds up, and see if they arrive at the same conclusion as myself.

Old 26-03-2010, 14:38   #385
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election
Just knew you would come up with that one Jaysay .. However, the column is headed 'Politics', not 'Leader's Report' .. thought would have been an opportunity to give his party a push, and not like him to miss a trick, so can only conclude he is throwing his toys out of his pram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.
Thanks Yerself .. missed that one initially, was looking more at the editorial. Still, she is playing safe disapproving of the drugs scene ... no parent would disagree with her letter.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 14:41   #386
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

how would he know that Less? after all he was a MOD.
Old 26-03-2010, 14:53   #387
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Though some would say not quite as 'incredibly rude' as inferring I was telling lies, when I said I haven't decided how to vote in the forthcoming elections.

I know it's common place for those who are involved within party politics, to accuse those they oppose of being liars, but happily in the circles I move in that isn't the case.

I believe in telling the truth, or I wouldn't bother saying something.
In that case time to keep your gob shut then
Old 26-03-2010, 15:14   #388
Super Moderator

So, anyway, did anyone go up 'arrod today to get acquainted with Kaz?
Old 26-03-2010, 15:15   #389
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In that case time to keep your gob shut then
Will my not posting mean you won't infer I'm a liar anymore?

Dream on.

Old 26-03-2010, 15:37   #390
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks Yerself .. missed that one initially, was looking more at the editorial. Still, she is playing safe disapproving of the drugs scene ... no parent would disagree with her letter.
Same here.

I'd read the editorial copy, but was saving the letters page as a later treat, so the total reading time would be doubled.

Still, it's bonny baby time, starting next week, and I'm looking forward to reading the latest fashion in names.

Come on Amba-Jaid Sidebottom, you can do it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..