Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2010, 09:22   #361
Resting in Peace

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Talking of the Observer, I was genuinely disappointed to see there was nothing about Karen Buckley.

Probably much to the amazement of the AW doubting Thomas's on here, I do want to know more about her.

As someone who genuinely doesn't know who to vote for yet, I've personally researched all the other candidates, who were announced ages ago, and fear time is running out to be won over by the last candidate to be declared.
St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants
Old 26-03-2010, 09:28   #362
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems to me "Why" was explained a couple of letters back.
No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election
Old 26-03-2010, 09:38   #363
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election
That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.
Old 26-03-2010, 09:39   #364
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:48   #365
Give, give, give member

Quote:
St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants
Your bladder isn't my concern, however if you think that I am in the habit of telling lies, you are wrong.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:51   #366
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.
In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

Old 26-03-2010, 09:54   #367
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

am aware of that, not having "Tunnel Vision"
Old 26-03-2010, 09:58   #368
God Member

I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 10:02   #369
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 10:06   #370
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.
Hurrah!

She has got some press coverage.

Though sadly not a prize, for star letter of the week.

Notice she chose not to print her address in Hyndburn, with her letter.

Old 26-03-2010, 10:08   #371
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.

Old 26-03-2010, 10:36   #372
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.
Thats terribly Rude Garinda
Old 26-03-2010, 10:46   #373
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thats terribly Rude Garinda
Though some would say not quite as 'incredibly rude' as inferring I was telling lies, when I said I haven't decided how to vote in the forthcoming elections.

I know it's common place for those who are involved within party politics, to accuse those they oppose of being liars, but happily in the circles I move in that isn't the case.

I believe in telling the truth, or I wouldn't bother saying something.

Old 26-03-2010, 11:29   #374
God Member

Quote:
By you replying to Wynonie, about me, and posting...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post796961

Some, though not me, might class that as being' incredibly rude' and tactless. Knowing that, as you do, that I have Parkinson's disease, which is both degeneartive and incurable, and thus the reason I have time to do 'nothing better'.

Personally, since you'd joined a group I'd set up for people with Parkinson's, I just found it rather sad, and pathetic. I certainly didn't take offence. Indeed the desparate straws that some people will grasp at, when out of their depth, just made me genuinely chuckle.
I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.
Old 26-03-2010, 11:36   #375
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.
You replied to a post, and quoted Wynonie, which named, and discussed myself.

It's there for all to see.

No twisting of words.

You can try and squirm, and back track, but what you said is there, for everyone to read, and people can make their own mind up about what you posted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..