Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2010, 08:34   #391
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Come on, dig deep.

Her appeal thermometer is still on zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

Any help would be appreciated.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2010, 09:03   #392
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Come on, dig deep.

Her appeal thermometer is still on zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

Any help would be appreciated.
You can make your cheque payable to CCO Garinda Can't manage it myself finances are a bit tight these days
Old 27-03-2010, 09:30   #393
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You can make your cheque payable to CCO Garinda Can't manage it myself finances are a bit tight these days
Whoops.

I'd sent my donation, c/o here...

Hyndburn Conservative Association - Google Maps

Old 27-03-2010, 09:41   #394
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Whoops.

I'd sent my donation, c/o here...

Hyndburn Conservative Association - Google Maps

Thats as bad as me sending a PM to you instead of Andrew
Old 27-03-2010, 10:08   #395
Give, give, give member

'Raising the Inheritance Tax threshold to Ł1 million.'
The Conservative Party | Policy | Where we stand | Economy

Estimated house price Ł352,456.00
Property details for 11 Wildings Lane Lytham St. Annes FY8 3RJ - Zoopla!

At least some people, and their neighbours will benefit from the proposed Conservative tax changes.

Though it probably won't affect too many of us here in Hyndburn, who'll have to pay for these changes through cuts in services.

A case of give and take.

Old 27-03-2010, 10:12   #396
Resting in Peace

Quote:
'Raising the Inheritance Tax threshold to Ł1 million.'
The Conservative Party | Policy | Where we stand | Economy

Estimated house price Ł352,456.00
Property details for 11 Wildings Lane Lytham St. Annes FY8 3RJ - Zoopla!

At least some people, and their neighbours will benefit from the proposed Conservative tax changes.

Though it probably won't affect too many of us here in Hyndburn, who'll have to pay for these changes through cuts in services.

A case of give and take.

A trillion in debt everybody will pay for Gordon's reckless spending
Old 27-03-2010, 10:14   #397
Give, give, give member

Quote:
A trillion in debt everybody will pay for Gordon's reckless spending
Some will be paying more than others.

Old 27-03-2010, 12:54   #398
Give, give, give member

Quote:
St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants

Perhaps before making unsubstantiated, and veiled accusations, inferring that I'm a liar, which I'm not, why don't we do a little experiment?

Are you sitting comfortably, and nicely relaxed?

Good, let us begin.

Just imagine for a moment that you could see things as they actually are. Let's call that imagined state of mind 'reality'.

You are no longer influenced by blind party loyalty to anyone, and have no complicated political allies, which cloud, and blinker the world around you.

Now your in this new state, slowly read through this thread, starting around post 408.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-49671-28.html

Trying to keep fresh this new experience, of open-mindedness realism, can you see how perhaps that it's actually others, others close to you, who might have the ability to 'twist' the truth, to put it incredibly politely, and not in fact myself?

Old 27-03-2010, 13:14   #399
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Perhaps before making unsubstantiated, and veiled accusations, inferring that I'm a liar, which I'm not, why don't we do a little experiment?

Are you sitting comfortably, and nicely relaxed?

Good, let us begin.

Just imagine for a moment that you could see things as they actually are. Let's call that imagined state of mind 'reality'.

You are no longer influenced by blind party loyalty to anyone, and have no complicated political allies, which cloud, and blinker the world around you.

Now your in this new state, slowly read through this thread, starting around post 408.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-49671-28.html

Trying to keep fresh this new experience, of open-mindedness realism, can you see how perhaps that it's actually others, others close to you, who might have the ability to 'twist' the truth, to put it incredibly politely, and not in fact myself?

Garinda I don't have enough of my life left to waste it on playing silly little games, I'm more interested whether I wake up in the morning or not
Old 27-03-2010, 14:30   #400
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda I don't have enough of my life left to waste it on playing silly little games
Jaysay, I was rather hoping that your implication that I was a bare faced liar, was indeed one of your silly little games, and that hopefully you didn't mean it, because it sort of contradicts what you've said about my integrity in the past.

Guess I was wrong.

It appears there's more than one person capable of 'twisting' what's real, if you can have two such vastly opposing opinions about something, which in this case is my truthfulness.

Old 27-03-2010, 14:47   #401
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Jaysay, I was rather hoping that your implication that I was a bare faced liar, was indeed one of your silly little games, and that hopefully you didn't mean it, because it sort of contradicts what you've said about my integrity in the past.

Guess I was wrong.

It appears there's more than one person capable of 'twisting' what's real, if you can have two such vastly opposing opinions about something, which in this case is my truthfulness.
Its not your truthfulness I have the problem with its like I've always said if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck it usually is a duck, you keep talking the talk and walking the walk what else am I to assume
Old 27-03-2010, 15:01   #402
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Its not your truthfulness I have the problem with its like I've always said if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck it usually is a duck, you keep talking the talk and walking the walk what else am I to assume
Well hopefully believe that I don't tell lies, and realise that when I say I honestly don't know how I'm going to vote in the forthcoming elections, you'd take it at face value, instead of implying publicly that I'm a liar.

I wouldn't waste my time posting things I didn't believe to be true, unlike some.

Old 29-03-2010, 23:00   #403
Give, give, give member

My friend's sister, who lives in Rishton, says the whole place is buzzing, because it appears that Rishton is 'the chosen place', and where the Conservative candidate has moved to.

There's excited talk about the house prices in the area benefiting from the association. Though personally I think they're all getting a bit giddy, because of the fabulous news.

Talk of importing sand, and making a beach at the sailing club, and even building a pier there, with trendy cafés, I personally feel is a little premature.

Apparently the residence isn't too far from where the last Conservative candidate, poor James Mawdsley 'lived'.

Perhaps she's just taken over his lease, or perhaps there's just an empty house in Rishton, kept especially for election times, for any visitor from outside the area who decides to stand in the election, and who need a place to rest their weary head, after a hard day's campaining.

Of course all this giddy gossip in Riston might prove to be just rumour, and wishful thinking, because as far as I'm aware no one has actually seen Ms. Buckley putting out the milk bottles on her front step, or hanging out her washing on the line.

Watch this space.

Old 29-03-2010, 23:26   #404
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

she's probably getting a second home, before the rules change.
Old 30-03-2010, 06:18   #405
Common Sense Member

Quote:
My friend's sister, who lives in Rishton, says the whole place is buzzing, because it appears that Rishton is 'the chosen place', and where the Conservative candidate has moved to.

There's excited talk about the house prices in the area benefiting from the association. Though personally I think they're all getting a bit giddy, because of the fabulous news.

Talk of importing sand, and making a beach at the sailing club, and even building a pier there, with trendy cafés, I personally feel is a little premature.

Apparently the residence isn't too far from where the last Conservative candidate, poor James Mawdsley 'lived'.

Perhaps she's just taken over his lease, or perhaps there's just an empty house in Rishton, kept especially for election times, for any visitor from outside the area who decides to stand in the election, and who need a place to rest their weary head, after a hard day's campaining.

Of course all this giddy gossip in Riston might prove to be just rumour, and wishful thinking, because as far as I'm aware no one has actually seen Ms. Buckley putting out the milk bottles on her front step, or hanging out her washing on the line.

Watch this space.
The village has come to life in a heady display of wilful exuberance, pockets are filled with coins and promisary notes as the shops sound the clarion call........OK, nobody knows about it.

We 'found out' a couple of days ago and, although nothing has actually been confirmed, it is understood that she is living in a rental property about 200 yards from my house. I don't have her alleged address or I'd pop round to wish her luck and I mean that sincerely as no one from her own party seems to be at all supportive.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..