Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2010, 12:00   #421
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
They sound like good questions. I retract my "If there is something". You're obviously very interested in finding out. Her number is on Karen Buckley - Conservative PPC for Hyndburn, just at the top under the main header, let us know how you get on.
Excuse me?

This won't do at all, it's a situation where, 'the mountain should come to Mohammed', she wants the job, rindy is prepared to interview her for it.

Get her off her backside and out amongst the people she claims she wants to wholeheartedly represent.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2010, 12:09   #422
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Excuse me?

This won't do at all, it's a situation where, 'the mountain should come to Mohammed', she wants the job, rindy is prepared to interview her for it.

Get her off her backside and out amongst the people she claims she wants to wholeheartedly represent.

Very true.

Unfortunately I never got to ask the last Conservative candidate my questions face to face, but had to email poor James Mawdsley, because he never came a knockin'.

You can't beat meeting someone face to face, to help further judge their sincerity.

I'll give this candidate a little longer, before having to settle for finding out answers to my questions, in a less personal way.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 12:14   #423
Give, give, give member

Though as I did with James Mawdsley, who lied on his election pamphlets, I'm willing to share my answers by posting the replies on Accy Web.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ate-10446.html

Old 30-03-2010, 12:23   #424
God Member

Quote:
Excuse me?

I'm sure she will. Was just pointing out how Garinda could contact her if he wanted the questions answered right now.
Old 30-03-2010, 12:26   #425

Quote:
I'm sure she will. Was just pointing out how Garinda could contact her if he wanted the questions answered right now.
It must be reassuring for him to get advice from our local, 'Political Expert', however would he have managed without the input from a guy spending a couple of gap years away from serving behind the counter at Macdonalds?
Old 30-03-2010, 12:29   #426
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As stated, as I had to resort to other ways of communicating at the last General Election, rather than asking the Conservative candidate my questions face to face, I'm quite aware that there are other, less personal mediums available to us, the electorate.

I'm just hoping it doesn't come to this again.

I remain hopeful of hearing a genteel tap on my knocker, in the very near future.

Old 30-03-2010, 12:33   #427
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It must be reassuring for him to get advice from our local, 'Political Expert', however would he have managed without the input from a guy spending a couple of gap years away from serving behind the counter at Macdonalds?

It must be exciting.

I can't recall that particular member being very vocal, or as helpful in doling out advice, at the last General Election.

Perhaps they were to busy kickin' a ball about, in the playground.

Old 30-03-2010, 12:37   #428
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As stated, as I had to resort to other ways of communicating at the last General Election, rather than asking the Conservative candidate my questions face to face, I'm quite aware that there are other, less personal mediums available to us, the electorate.

I'm just hoping it doesn't come to this again.

I remain hopeful of hearing a genteel tap on my knocker, in the very near future.
My house didn't get a knock from any of the candidates, or their teams, last time. More than often candidates go with teams canvassing and therefore it's not always the candidate who knocks on your particular door.

Less, I clearly missed a trick. I could have been working there and earning a degree at the same time. McDonald’s A level in running a burger bar - Times Online

Last edited by andrewb; 30-03-2010 at 12:44.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 12:49   #429
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I didn't get a knock from any of the candidates, or their teams, last time. More than often candidates go with teams canvassing and therefore it's not always the candidate who knocks on your particular door.

Less, I clearly missed a trick. I could have been working there and earning a degree at the same time. McDonald’s A level in running a burger bar - Times Online
I was fortunate then, to speak to all the other main candidates, other than the Conservative candidate, and ask my questions face to face, at the last General Election.

Perhaps you personally didn't get this chance, because at the last General Election your age meant you were ineligible to vote, so it wasn' worth their while knocking on your door to speak to you personally.

Old 30-03-2010, 12:53   #430
God Member

Quote:
I was fortunate then, to speak to all the other main candidates, other than the Conservative candidate, and ask my questions face to face, at the last General Election.

Perhaps you personally didn't get this chance, because at the last General Election your age meant you were ineligible to vote, so it wasn' worth their while knocking on your door to speak to you personally.
I didn't live by myself Garinda.
Old 30-03-2010, 12:56   #431
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I didn't live by myself Garinda.
Yes but you'll find when most politicans are out canvassing, and a child opens the door, they'll usually ask if their mummy or daady is in, so they can try and secure the vote of those people who are actually eligible to go to the polling station on election day.

Old 30-03-2010, 12:59   #432

Quote:

Probably about as much use as these NVQ'S on fire extinguisher spotting that folk are being encouraged to do.

I've helped a few people on a variety of those courses and they and I can tell you the different types of fire extinguishers there are, but none of us seemed to learn anything useful, (that's not saying fire extinguishers aren't useful), about their particular jobs!

Besides asking if someone wants, "Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source),
dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain colour), citric acid (preservative), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming
agent) and cooked in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric
acid and dimethypolysiloxane)", with that?" Instead of fries,
just because you can, isn't clever.

Last edited by Less; 30-03-2010 at 13:01.
Old 30-03-2010, 12:59   #433
God Member

Quote:
Yes but you'll find when most politicans are out canvassing, and a child opens the door, they'll usually ask if their mummy or daady is in, so they can try and secure the vote of those people who are actually eligible to go to the polling station on election day.
Which has what to do with the price of fish?
Old 30-03-2010, 13:00   #434
God Member

Quote:
Probably about as much use as these NVQ'S on fire extinguisher spotting that folk are being encouraged to do.

I've helped a few people on a variety of those courses and they and I can tell you the different types of fire extinguishers there are, but none of us seemed to learn anything useful, (that's not saying fire extinguishers aren't useful), about their particular jobs!

Besides asking if someone wants, "Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source),
dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain colour), citric acid (preservative), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming
agent) and cooked in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric
acid and dimethypolysiloxane)", with that?" Instead of fries,
just because you can isn't clever.
Can make damn good fries though.
Old 30-03-2010, 13:03   #435
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Which has what to do with the price of fish?
Just explaining why perhaps you personally didn't see any candidate at the last election, besides your ineligibily...you might have been playing out when they called, or tucked up in bed at the time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..