Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2010, 09:57   #316
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I.

...and yet you 'care' enought to post your opinion?

Though when challenged, seem unable to supply any factual evidence to back up your unsubstantiated claim?

If anything I've posted is factually incorrect, such as I did when you claimed that the Daily Mail supported Labour in the 1997 General election, and which I offered my personal knowledge that you were wrong, further backed up by other independent evidence, you are also free to do so in this thread. Rather than making the rather pitiful comment of my 'being incredibley rude', which you seem unable to back up with quotes of said insults.

I'll always have evidence, to back up, and counteragrue, anything I've ever said on this forum.

Otherwise I'd feel what I was posting would appear a bit pathetic.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2010, 09:57   #317
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm an ordinary member of Accy Web, just like everyone else on the forum, and subject to the same rules and regulations.

Again, any examples of 'exceptions' made for myself, I'm sure we'd find most illuminating.

Unless it's another case of sour grapes, that not everything posted on here, suits your agenda.
Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so, according to some emails I've received and not from usual suspects either ie political affiliates
Old 25-03-2010, 10:05   #318
God Member

Quote:
Come, come.

'Incredible rudeness' is a one way street, and doesn't count in some people's politically blinkered eyes, if it's aimed at some one they don't agree with.

Although I'm struggling to remember when I've been accused of 'incredible rudeness', when referring to the Labour government as 'morally bankrupt', 'disgusting', and 'vile'.

Rather odd, that.

Considering you haven't said anything political for me to agree or disagree with, it's a bit of an odd alleyway you seem to be leading yourself down.

As for evidence, if you have read all your posts and still don't think that you've been rude, then it is pointless me showing you specific posts, as you won't think they're rude either. I gave my opinion that you were rude, yours obviously differs.
Old 25-03-2010, 10:05   #319
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate?
Because we have so little evidence of what her actual political beliefs are, other than what's on her website. A website on which she herselfs talks about being a member of a Baptist church in Lytham.

The fact that there is testimony of someone being exorcised at a Baptist church in her home town, to 'cure' them of homosexuality, might be deemed relevant information to some, when deciding on the suitability of which candidate they are going to vote for.

Neither incredible, nor rude. Just a valid, and factual observation.

Old 25-03-2010, 10:08   #320
God Member

Quote:
Because we have so little evidence of what her actual political beliefs are, other than what's on her website. A website on which she herselfs talks about being a member of a Baptist church in Lytham.

The fact that there is testimony of someone being exorcised at a Baptist church in her home town, to 'cure' them of homosexuality, might be deemed relevant information to some, when deciding on the suitability of which candidate they are going to vote for.

Neither incredible, nor rude. Just a valid, and factual observation.
Sure somebody might be influenced by her beliefs. The alleged exorcism though has nothing at all to do with her and need not be posted on a thread about her. Just a pathetic attempt to link things that have nothing to do with each other.
Old 25-03-2010, 10:10   #321
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Considering you haven't said anything political for me to agree or disagree with, it's a bit of an odd alleyway you seem to be leading yourself down.

As for evidence, if you have read all your posts and still don't think that you've been rude, then it is pointless me showing you specific posts, as you won't think they're rude either. I gave my opinion that you were rude, yours obviously differs.
Alleyway?

I think someone's taken you up the wrong alleyway, because I can't make head nor tail of what you've posted in the first paragraph.

As stated, I've reread the whole thread, and am quite happy I haven't been 'incredibley rude about Ms. Buckley, and again challenge you to supply quoted evidence to prove your point.

I wish you luck.

Old 25-03-2010, 10:19   #322
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Sure somebody might be influenced by her beliefs. The alleged exorcism though has nothing at all to do with her and need not be posted on a thread about her. Just a pathetic attempt to link things that have nothing to do with each other.
One of the few things we know about her is her religious beliefs, which she promotes on her website.

If I'd posted about the Westboro Baptist church ( Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), that wouldn't have been very relevant, being a church in America. A Baptist church in her home town, carrying out exorcisms, might be relevant information to those deciding who to vote for, especially when her links to the church are promoted by herself, on her website.

The fact that these 'cures' are being offered in a church in Lytham, that she's a member of, and promotes on her site, might be seen by some as positive, and a vote winner. For others, the opposite might be the case.

All in all, it's relevant.

Last edited by garinda; 25-03-2010 at 10:22.
Old 25-03-2010, 10:25   #323
Give, give, give member

Karen Buckley might not be the only one struggling to secure the pink, or liberal minded, vote.

David Cameron stumbles on equality question in Gay Times interview - Telegraph

(...and this is reported in the good old, and very reliable, Tory supporting, Daily Telegraph.)

Old 25-03-2010, 10:30   #324
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so, according to some emails I've received and not from usual suspects either ie political affiliates
Again, empty rhetoric, and idle gossip, and not a shred of real evidence you'd care to put in the public arena, to back up your unsubstantiated claims?

Thought so.

Old 25-03-2010, 10:37   #325
Give, give, give member

Personally I thinks it's terribly ill mannered to try (failingly) to label another member of Accy Web 'incredibly rude', without being able to furnish examples to prove the truth of their point.

Some people have such poor social skills, and appallingly bad manners.

I bet Karen Buckley hasn't.

Old 25-03-2010, 10:42   #326
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think she's lucky to have raised what she has so far,

Do we really want a person that begs off strangers to represent us?

* Target: £500
* Raised: £0
Sadly still no change.

What a poor show.

I was hoping that through helping to publicise the appeal, we could get the mecury rocketing skywards, towards the £500 target.

Come on, dig deep!

Old 25-03-2010, 11:02   #327
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Ooer, I got this through the door, I hope it came to the wrong house!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ransom.JPG (28.7 KB, 15 views)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 11:12   #328
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Can you put the note in a plastic bag please Less?

That has a very similar literary syntax to those first death threats, from 1980.

It could be evidential, and mean justice might eventually be mine.

Old 25-03-2010, 11:18   #329
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Though in reference to the 'threat', as I've said many time on here, I was brought up to believe that respect is won through action, and not bestowed on someone, for no apparent, or good reason.

Respect is earned.

Old 25-03-2010, 12:32   #330
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Karen can't be worse than this buffoon, can she? David Cameron stumbles through interview on gay rights | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..