Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 17:28   #1321
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
You ever thought of starting the NDA (National Drugs Association)? It's just your argument for the legalisation of illicit drugs is very similar to that of the NRA (National Rifle Association) of the United States of America.

Maybe you could use one of their slogans, 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people' to Drugs don't cause crime, people cause crime' after all addicts have been knw to turn to crime to service their habit.
Your wasting your breath BG
Boeing Guy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2013, 17:30   #1322
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
How about telling them it might kill them?
They just wouldn't listen. If they are in a mind to do it they think they are immortal anyway.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 23-01-2013, 17:33   #1323
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
How about telling them it might kill them?
You know what Gordon, if fools want to risk their lives with illicit drugs, well that's life.
I have absolutely no sympathy with any so called Illicit drug overdose/poisoning 'victim'.
You are in charge of your own destiny, if you are too stupid not to inject,take substances or even inhale things that you have obtained off 'some bloke in the street etc' then that's your own lookout.

There are many people who are victims of the illicit drugs trade, it's about time society bothered about them instead
DaveinGermany likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:34   #1324
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your wasting your breath BG
I know Jay, every few months, he likes to bring this subject back up.
Why........

Old 23-01-2013, 17:38   #1325
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I know Jay, every few months, he likes to bring this subject back up.
Why........
Perhaps to try n drive others away?
Old 23-01-2013, 17:38   #1326
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
5 kids killed by drug called PMA - which is not real ecstasy anyway.

This would not happen if drugs were legal and the whole cloak and dagger element was taken out of drug taking.

This drug PMA takes a long time to come on so users take more and more because they think it's not working, then they are hit by the lot.

Drug deaths: Five die after taking ecstasy - Mirror Online
If you think legalizing drugs will remove "the cloak and dagger element" your dafter than i thought, is alcohol not legally sold ? it still doesn't stop "the cloak and dagger element" making dodgy spirits etc and trying to sell them to the public for example Dodgy vodka could cause blindness - Local News - Hastings and St. Leonards Observer which is one of many cases if you look for them so legalized goods are still under scrutiny from "the cloak and dagger element" for the sake of a quick buck barba crescit caput nescit for some folk

Last edited by walkinman221; 23-01-2013 at 17:47.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:44   #1327
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
They just wouldn't listen. If they are in a mind to do it they think they are immortal anyway.
True, susie. I was told when I was a lad driving like a mad thing might be bad for my health. I knew it couldn't happen to me so I carried on
And it never did happen-well, just the once and it wasn't my fault, honest.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:59   #1328
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps to try n drive others away?
Ya he won't be happy until the lights go out on accy web, we've already lost a few members, good members too
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:09   #1329
Senior Member+

Aspartame is something that I often look for in drinks. It's mention in this thread is out of place(it's a replacement for sugar not a stupid drug that makes you dance to crap music and hug people) I agree with what I have read about it, and the dangers apparently associated with it I certainly do not want to be drinking it. Was also reading that there is evidence that when a woman is pregnant and consumes a lot of it the chances of birth defects rises
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.

Last edited by Restless; 23-01-2013 at 18:15.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:32   #1330
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
This would not happen if drugs were legal and the whole cloak and dagger element was taken out of drug taking.
Really ? You don't seriously believe that do you ? Let's say for arguments sake drugs are legalized, government would demand a heavy levy in taxes, same as with ciggies & booze. So what does Joe & Josephina Public do, speak to the fella down the market / Pub who's bringing in kit from the "continent" because it's cheaper & there's a willing market, plus he's making a tidy profit. So his profit margin is maximized guess what he'll do, yep, cut it with other she-ite !

Druggies keeling over & dying up some filthy squatt, backstreet or even some penthouse because they wanted their fix on the cheap & someone was out to make a profit ! Where's the difference ? Drugs are illegal for a reason & that my friend is the B-all & End-all of it.
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 23-01-2013, 18:42   #1331
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I am immortal. I was there at the Big Bang. I will be there at the Big Crunch (if there is one). Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. But I don't seem to have much energy right now; must be the joint I smoked.

But it really doesn't matter whether or not drugs are legal or illegal in the developed world. There will never be any shortage. Anyone who wants them can get them ... and there are no licensing hours Unless you are mickeymousing grams, chances of getting busted are pretty slim. The poor sods I feel sorry for are the ones living in Central and South America in the middle of the unwinnable WAR ON DRUGS. So a few thousand innocent folks die every year just so that western political leaders can look and sound good ... who really gives a damn, eh.
Restless and susie123 like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 19:20   #1332

I don't know the answer but I suspect that de-criminalising drugs (with appropriate supply & treatment regimes) could reduce the harm they cause to users and to the rest of society.

Personally I would like to have guilt-free cannabis as an option to some of the pain killers the medics dish out.
kestrelx and susie123 like this.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 19:38   #1333
JFT96

Even Nelson Mandela is getting in on it!!!

And here

Old 23-01-2013, 19:39   #1334
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I don't know the answer but I suspect that de-criminalising drugs (with appropriate supply & treatment regimes) could reduce the harm they cause to users and to the rest of society.

Personally I would like to have guilt-free cannabis as an option to some of the pain killers the medics dish out.
I refer you to post 1330, by a donkey

Old 24-01-2013, 15:26   #1335

Quote:
I refer you to post 1330, by a donkey
#1330 - Let's say for arguments sake drugs are legalized, government would demand a heavy levy in taxes.

You are assuming this to be correct with no evidence and ignoring my caveat about appropriate supply & treatment regimes?
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..