Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2016, 15:37   #1066
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

At first I was somewhat disappointed to read that, but then I thought of all the other twists that the media have introduced during the referendum - and are still doing it. Could well be that TM was explaining the facts of life to Widow Krankie. We will have to wait and see.
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2016, 15:58   #1067
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I would hope thats the case, but have doubts.
Old 16-07-2016, 16:44   #1068

Why did T.May give the impression of pandering to the Scottish Nasty Party? They have a well run machine. Every SNP MP & MSP has to sign an unconditional agreement, not to criticise the party. No-one can be a free thinker, they all sing from the same hymn sheet. We do have problems here is Scotland, the Heath Service and Education are real concerns, not everything in the garden is lovely.. I think Mrs May will allowing wee Nic a short time to think, and if she keeps stalling the game is a bogie and Scotland should, and will be told, we are signing article 50 and Scotland is coming with us. The sooner the better.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 16:45   #1069
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theresa May's Brexit warnings are increasingly barmy Well the media are soon getting bothered, that may be a good sign?
It was a good sign that the krauts and the frogs don't like Boris ... if they had welcomed the appointment; now that would have been cause for concern.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 17:21   #1070
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It was a good sign that the krauts and the frogs don't like Boris ... if they had welcomed the appointment; now that would have been cause for concern.
Hitler and de Gaul both didn't like Churchill - so he gave the two fingers to both of them. He wouldn't allow Hitler to take over UK and he was not for allowing the French to liberate Paris, that was the US decision - deja vu? Go for them Boris, be our modern day Bulldog.
Old 17-07-2016, 10:40   #1071
JCB

I wouldn't waste my money buying the Daily Mail , or any other newspaper for that matter .

But a neighbour has just given me this article from Thursday's .

It's worth reading , and I'm pleased that I am not alone in thinking that Brexit may not mean Brexit ......

If Brexit does mean Brexit, why is Mrs May's new Chancellor saying it'll take six years?

Read more: If Brexit does mean Brexit, why's Theresa May's new Chancellor saying it'll take six years? | Daily Mail Online
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 12:27   #1072
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Probably cos they are Torys, they dont give a stuff what was voted for, just like some Labour M.Ps.
Old 17-07-2016, 13:34   #1073
God Member

we used to buy the daily mail but once the price got to been more expensive than a roll of bog roll we stopped buying it and switched back to bog roll
JCB likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 12:56   #1074

Never thought I would see a rebirth of Thatcher in my lifetime :-(
Old 18-07-2016, 13:13   #1075
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPastry View Post
So what, the fact is we would NEVER be out of the pigging E.U. under anyone else, n i detest torys.http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/690...ys-top-surgeon
Old 18-07-2016, 13:18   #1076
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPastry View Post
Are we talking about May or about Clinton
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 14:54   #1077

Just seen that legal challenge has been accepted by a court, put this together with the petition being debated, the devious civil service and I can see how the Ungodlly are gathering to frustrate our wishes.
WE ARE STUFFED
umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 15:46   #1078
God Member

Courts accept legal challenges to keep lawyers and judges in work.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 18:00   #1079
Beacon of light

These legal challenges may delay things but I don't think they can change the course of the decision which was taken democratically.
If a few people making a legal challenge could veto the exit, then what would be the point of the referendum.

By the way...the challenges will be heard in the high court in the third week of October.
The government had already said that article 50 would not be triggered until the start of 2017.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 19:09   #1080
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

October, that means Parliament will be back from summer holidays and preparing for the pheasant shoot.
How do they ever get any work done?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..