Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 16:00   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley View Post
Five weeks ago i went to local doctors with severe stomach pains,i was also peeing about 40 times a day.1st doctor i saw sent me home with pills and said it was stress related,i went back a week later and saw a different doctor,got given more painkillers and told to change my diet.I went back three days later still in severe pain,and third doctor finally reccomended hospital.I went to hospital next day and they found i had a kidney stone.I had a stent fitted,which i had a bad reaction to-and am peeing blood 40times a day.About two weeks ago i got rushed to hospital in an ambulance and got put on the urgent list,but after 4 days got sent home as there was no one to do op.Next i get an appointment for 1 oclock today to go in for the op tommorow,needless to say i am still sitting at home at 4-35 awaiting a call to say they have a bed for me.(I hope that lot makes sense as i am in pain and fed up)
Hope they send for, and sort you out soon.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2007, 16:12   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

now that i would NOT accept, hope you get sorted ASAP norwich stanley.
Old 29-05-2007, 16:12   #93

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Thanks Garinda,finally got a call and now on way to hospital.Expect a slow time on quiz tommorow for me as very difficult to play in hospital.(Shakey mouse)
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:25   #94
God Member

Pain relief does appear to be low on NHS priority list. About 2 years ago distalgesic was available on prescription, but then it was removed from the list, (but it is still availabe in Eire). The reason for removal? - too many people were using it for suicide!.
It was the only painkiller which worked for me and my osteoarthritis (because I have a minor stomach problem, cant take the others). So I now get only paracetemol which does very little to relieve pain - and pain is one of reasons people contemplate suicide anyway!! -ironic?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 16:58   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Now you can't get distalgesic ( well you can at certain Doctors in Accy because my Mother in law still does) people will just use something else, probably paracetamol. One packet of 16 should see you off no problem.
Old 29-05-2007, 17:22   #96
God Member

The irony of all this is that the NHS have underspent by £500m it has emerged. No wonder im still ill.
Old 29-05-2007, 17:29   #97
Resident Waffler

I hope you get sorted out properly this time Norwich Stanley. The situation is just ludicrous.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 17:48   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Now you can't get distalgesic ( well you can at certain Doctors in Accy because my Mother in law still does) people will just use something else, probably paracetamol. One packet of 16 should see you off no problem.
Since I posted I have done some more web searching - distalgesic is now banned in Eire too - but Hansard shows that docors here CAN prescribe it in special circumstances only until Dec 2007.
(I am considering asking for it - it is better than having to lie down for 1/2 hour in every 4)

Old 29-05-2007, 18:01   #99
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Ask for it Margaret. Which Doctors do you use?
Old 29-05-2007, 18:13   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Ask for it Margaret. Which Doctors do you use?
Manuel - the irishman with the spanish name - I think his ancestors were Spanish Armada survivors

Old 29-05-2007, 23:13   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
No wonder im still ill.
It is dragging out this. You baffling the medical science.

We'll give them to Christmas to make you better, otherwise I'm organising an Accy Web raffle to send you to Lourdes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 02:26   #102
God Member

I do believe that Michael Moore (Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine, Farenheit 911) is making a movie about medical care in America. Having the good fortune to live in a country which firmly believes that medical care should be available to all citizens, I await this documentary with interest. Universal, govt. funded health care, with its problems and its f**k ups is still way better than the health care for profit system.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 10:05   #103
God Member

The only problem being that no matter the system is like Michael Moore will present a completely biased and over the top view on the matter.
Old 30-05-2007, 12:54   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
The only problem being that no matter the system is like Michael Moore will present a completely biased and over the top view on the matter.
No doubt he will ... but he will be giving the "other side" of the argument ... without bias on both sides, a balanced view is hard to come by. I do believe that this is one facet of democracy. It is at the root of a multi party system and parliamentary or congressionsal legislatures. But, it will be entertaining ... the movie, not parliament. Problems arise not when dissent is vocal (or pictorial) but when it is silenced. The fundamental differences between setting up a soapbox in Hyde Park and producing a documentary movies are few.

In a wealthy nation all citizens, regardless of their economic status, have a right to the best health care. This is not a question for debate. What is debatable is how this health care is delivered, what model is chosen.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 17:50   #105

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Well thats me finally sorted,kidney stone and stent have gone and i can pee normally.Thanks for best wishes garinda,cashman and willow and hope you get sorted soon Cyfr.Time for me to start living again!
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..