Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2007, 21:16   #76
God Member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Thank the good Lord for the Health Service, just been for my 3 monthly CT Scan and Blood results, yippee all clear for another 3 months. Is there no A&E at Accrington Victoria for minor injuies like cut fingers and the like?, I thought it was open untill 9pm, It was last time I cut my finger on a corned beef tin.
Glad to hear the good news ... I know it's tough when the old bod starts to wear out. Just had my 6 month vascular testing and blood work ... It seems as if the surgery and lipitor worked ... just to think of all the double pudding chips and peas I had in my youth makes my aorta squirm
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2007, 23:10   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hey ian you'll need more surgery if ya do Benidorm. it nearly bloody killed me. have a good un.
Old 22-05-2007, 23:13   #78
God Member

Oooo glad to hear you got the all clear Ian.....

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 07:21   #79
Super Moderator

[quote=grannyclaret;428008]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
"NICE ONE " i am glad you think the n.h.s. is a good thing too....ITS BEEN A GODSEND TO OUR FAMILY
Sorry, Granny, still think you are missing the point. Most people think the NHS is a "good thing". In fact, everyone (with the possible exception of Barb) supports the NHS in principle and has the highest regard for the doctors, technicians, nurses, porters and all the other frontline staff. The criticism is against Blair and his government for raising considerable funds for the NHS via taxes and then proceeding to waste a large amount of it on bureaucracy, pen pushers, malfunctioning, unwanted IT systems and the like. This was a golden opportunity to make the NHS better and Blair has wasted it!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 23-05-2007 at 07:25.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 22:51   #80
Resting in peace

Thank's a million all of you, I say again you are the greatest motivator without your support and as I say friends like you I would find things very difficult. I do not seek sympathy I love a good scrap so if you do not aggree with me say so, because I'd damn well tell you.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:31   #81
white rabbits

HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY.........
Old 25-05-2007, 16:18   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Most people think the NHS is a "good thing". In fact, everyone (with the possible exception of Barb) supports the NHS in principle and has the highest regard for the doctors, technicians, nurses, porters and all the other frontline staff.
In my youth, I worked in Gloucester for one of the premier orthopedic surgeons in England, John F. Bourdillon. Even back then the NHS had tremendous strains placed upon it. Mr. Bourdillon always felt that his hospital clinics resembled a conveyor belt. He thought it very unfair to the patients when he was overscheduled, (which happened all the time). A year after I emigrated to the U.S., he was offered a position in Canada, (prior to its own foray into the field of socialized medicine).
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 03:08   #83
Resting in Peace

Good news for you IanW.................as to AVH MIU it is open everyday from 08:30-20:00, between 15:00-18:00 it is a Nurse lead unit (No Dr on duty), X-ray dept in use, they can suture, dress wounds etc But you have to walk in there Ambulance will not take
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 03:32   #84
Senior Member+

cant add anythign useful to this apart from i hope u get well soon cyfr

just keep on top of the doc and keep the pressure on.

my mum recently got diagnosed with breast cancer and we couldnt believe how lax they were at making appointments and the lack of communication from their sides
Old 26-05-2007, 09:05   #85
God Member

Understandably many of you have had good experience with the NHS, especially with much more serious things than I have. I suppose really its the fact that they just don't know what it is and I have to wait 8weeks everytime I see someone for 10minutes while they try and guess what it might be.

The waiting for 8weeks is really awful. I can't get any relief from it because none of the tablets appear to work (well no wonder, since nobody really knows what it is). I just wake up feeling really ill with a lot of pain and sickness.. and that is SO incredibly demotivating.
Old 28-05-2007, 14:13   #86
Senior Member+

My brother in law recently chopped the end off his finger in an accident at work in Blackburn,it was mid afternoon on a Thursday; he didn't actually get it operated on till the Sunday;a mere 60 hours of sitting around in agony with bone protruding from the end of his finger ! He had to go to Preston for the surgery and was sat there all day friday waiting for a space in theatre,he couldn't have anything to eat or drink and was then sent home untreated at 5 o'clock. He had to then ring the hospital every 3 hours on the saturday to see if they could fit him in; finally got it done on the sunday.
He is no whinger but he was in considerable pain,the finger end was badly mangled and the bone sticking out.Choice words were said and I don't blame him,it was frustrating for all of us around him and we even considered clubbing together to get him seen privately.Leaving him with such an open wound strikes me as plain stupid. He is still off work for another 3 weeks at least and has lost up to his first knuckle on his ring finger.
Old 28-05-2007, 14:16   #87
God Member

Thats disgusting Lindsay, you'd think he would have been classed as emergency.
Old 29-05-2007, 00:43   #88
Resting in peace

Quote:
lindsay ormerod, He is no whinger but he was in considerable pain,the finger end was badly mangled and the bone sticking out
That is one of if not the most painfull parts of the body, as the nerve ends are naturally very sensitive there. I trust they gave the usual mickey mouse painkillers (paracetamol), not a lot of use, yes lindsay as you say poor show that, and Preston Royal is a nightmare to get to and from if it's a first time.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 14:58   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

attended hospital today @ 12-30 for minor op, at 13-30 a nurse came to my room and said i was number 3 on the list, at 14-30 another nurse came and said, sorry sir the guy is on holiday in wales, we will have to cancel,they offered me food n drink which i accepted,being bloody starving, but it leaves a lot to be desired with the communications of these people. have just arrived home now after being told i will recieve a letter for june 12th, which is the guys next surgery at gisburn. would have been blazing at this,once of a day,now i just accept it lol
Old 29-05-2007, 15:37   #90

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Five weeks ago i went to local doctors with severe stomach pains,i was also peeing about 40 times a day.1st doctor i saw sent me home with pills and said it was stress related,i went back a week later and saw a different doctor,got given more painkillers and told to change my diet.I went back three days later still in severe pain,and third doctor finally reccomended hospital.I went to hospital next day and they found i had a kidney stone.I had a stent fitted,which i had a bad reaction to-and am peeing blood 40times a day.About two weeks ago i got rushed to hospital in an ambulance and got put on the urgent list,but after 4 days got sent home as there was no one to do op.Next i get an appointment for 1 oclock today to go in for the op tommorow,needless to say i am still sitting at home at 4-35 awaiting a call to say they have a bed for me.(I hope that lot makes sense as i am in pain and fed up)
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..