Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2007, 07:10   #181
Resident Waffler

Re: The NHS is rediculous

When I ordered a repeat prescription a coupleof weeks ago and they'd missed one of the items off I sat and waited until the receptionist went and got a doctor to sign a prescription for the missed item for me. It just wasn't practical for me to call in again 2 days later as I had other arrangements for that morning and they are closed in the afternoon that day. Any longer and I would have run out of tablets.

It's also absolute madness that you can't make pre-booked appointments and that if you do they are classed as the surgery failing to meet targets. Another case of something not being thought through logically. Oh yes how wonderful to have everyone seen within 24 or 48 hours - apart from when it makes it downright impossible for the patient to organise their life to accommodate that. Busman has the same problem. He can't mess about at short notice like that if he's booked to take coach trips to places.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2007, 07:29   #182
mez
God Member

im not happy with my doctors surgery either, tried for 2 days for an appointment bout my swelling feet& legs after my hols, to no avail soo rang the emergancy number for g/p's after 2 phone conversations i was told i had an appointment at 8pm monday evening at the gp unit at the royal blackburn ...my jet took me as i couldn't drive ..was seen by a gp an appointment was made for the following morning 9am at the d.v.t clinic (deep vein thrombosis dvt.) i was then treated as a person who was worried ..pure kindness & thoughtfullness told me all that was going on, 1 blood test came back high so had to go back 3pm yesterday afternoon for scan on said leg to be told "NO CLOT" its a cellulitiss(sp) infection given penicillin high dose told any changes at all come back immediatly .......i am now waiting in today for the practice manager@s assistant of my doctors surgery to ring me to-day i will give them till 1-30pm then im off up there !!! im not just blazing about this incedent there is an accumilatin of a lot of things ...just one instance thought i'd been perscribed water pills 18months ago ....but the nurse who saw me tuesday at r/b found them to be drugs ..to which i had a bad reaction too . ive a few more believe me . my surgery is up ossy too gone down the pan this last 6 months.
Old 14-06-2007, 08:03   #183
Resident Waffler

Glad to hear that it's not DVT Mez but flippin 'eck what are they playing at with those supposed water pills??!!!

Old 14-06-2007, 08:44   #184
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
my surgery is up ossy too gone down the pan this last 6 months.
I would not go to that dodgy surgery you go to. You would get more sense at the vets

I will tell you a Doctors receptionist story but I won't mention who she is or where she works so don't ask (beer at a meet would of course make me do a Rindy and tell everyone )

Someone people I know live in a flat. The gent upstairs had a suspected heart attack and his relative found him in a bad way. One of the neighbours ran literally across the road to the Doctors. Explained what had happened to the receptionist wanting a Doctor to help until the Ambulance arrived. The receptionist said "is he one of our patients?" .

No Doctor came to help, the man in question unfortunately did not make it.
Old 14-06-2007, 09:04   #185
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The receptionist said "is he one of our patients?" .
unbelievable! I wonder how they feel knowing that the man died.

Old 14-06-2007, 09:12   #186
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
unbelievable! I wonder how they feel knowing that the man died.
I saw the unnamed receptionist the other day and was very tempted to ask
Old 14-06-2007, 10:31   #187
Resident Waffler

I've actually just been thinking about this and it could have been a very sensible question. If he was one of their patients there may have been something in his medical notes which would have helped any doctor attending.

Did she actually refuse to get help or did the caller hang up in disgust at what may possibly have been a misunderstanding?

Old 14-06-2007, 10:37   #188
God Member

Quote:
I've actually just been thinking about this and it could have been a very sensible question. If he was one of their patients there may have been something in his medical notes which would have helped any doctor attending.

Did she actually refuse to get help or did the caller hang up in disgust at what may possibly have been a misunderstanding?
It would probably be risky for a doctor to really go to help someone if they dont know of any allergies or medication the person is on. The doctor at most could only really do basic first aid which i suppose couldve been a help, but nothing more than that.

Its a shame that the doctor didnt help but its difficult for doctor to make that decision really as its his job on the line if he doesnt check everything properly before he goes to do something. Sad world.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 10:43   #189
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Answer next time should be something like - no problem I will wait here while you go now and get the Doctor to sign a new one, while you are with the Doctor you can explain you have a very unhappy patient in reception complaining about your competence.
normally would have done,but was about 18hrs after me op, anesthetic had worn off, and i can get very obnoxious when in pain,so the diplomatic thing,was shut up n sod off.
Old 14-06-2007, 10:50   #190
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
The person was stood at the reception, the surgery is about 200 yards from where the man lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its a shame that the doctor didnt help but its difficult for doctor to make that decision really as its his job on the line if he doesnt check everything properly before he goes to do something. Sad world.
What a crock, the Doctor could have done what any trained first aider would do, try to preserve life until the cavalry arrive. That is what I am taught as a first aider.
Old 14-06-2007, 10:57   #191
Resident Waffler

Quote:
The person was stood at the reception, the surgery is about 200 yards from where the man lived.
Ooops yes, forgot that bit.

Old 14-06-2007, 15:30   #192
mez
God Member

just an update .....went to surgery...no joy could not see the practice manager........she will ring you this afternoon i was tol........phone rings 4pm ......... so sorry she has been called out .............guess the mood im in?
Old 14-06-2007, 15:51   #193
Resident Waffler

That would really try the patience of a saint Mez.

Old 16-06-2007, 23:55   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta say more kudos to the NHS - went to a gig at southport theatre friday night, completely forgot about the stitches in me hand, was great and like a dummy i clapped, felt a warm damp in me hand lol, sat morning 2 of me fingers were sore n me hand, bandage looked like summat out of MASH, so paris nagged me to go accy vic, case i'd bust me stitches, went- booked in- lass told me over 2hour wait - waiting room full- not a happy cashy,lol after about 10 mins the nurse called me into the room for more details, she removed the bandage n said yer stitches are ok, its fluid that you felt last night, then she said I will clean it and re-dress it now, you have no need to sit in there for 2 hours with that, so she did and a very happy cashy left after about 20 mins, thought that was great n much credit for common sense. wish i'd used it friday night.
Old 17-06-2007, 00:35   #195
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
gotta say more kudos to the NHS - went to a gig at southport theatre friday night, completely forgot about the stitches in me hand, was great and like a dummy i clapped, felt a warm damp in me hand lol, sat morning 2 of me fingers were sore n me hand, bandage looked like summat out of MASH, so paris nagged me to go accy vic, case i'd bust me stitches, went- booked in- lass told me over 2hour wait - waiting room full- not a happy cashy,lol after about 10 mins the nurse called me into the room for more details, she removed the bandage n said yer stitches are ok, its fluid that you felt last night, then she said I will clean it and re-dress it now, you have no need to sit in there for 2 hours with that, so she did and a very happy cashy left after about 20 mins, thought that was great n much credit for common sense. wish i'd used it friday night.
Glad they treated your clap so speedily.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..