Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2007, 22:49   #211
God Member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Your a rascal dave. tell em the truth
Old 21-06-2007, 00:00   #212
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

back on topic,lol i have had many positive things to say about the NHS recently,now i will rip the crap out of em. my lass was in a car accident nov14th and went for physio to accyvic, thinking they know what there doing she trusted them, this treatment made her worse,she had to go to Beardwood at blackburn n the consultant told her she had been given the wrong treatment for her injury,and she was to get Private Physio,which was arranged for her, she has now had 4 treatments with this n is feeling a good bit better,(she has had to sleep with a pillow under her leg since november) this physio found it difficult to believe what they actually did at accy n said- they shouldn,t be doing it they do not know what they are doing n will make many folk worse doing that with similar injuries, this makes me very angry,cos paris has really suffered,for NOWT,what the hell is going on here? end of rant.
Old 21-06-2007, 07:25   #213
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Willow can you delete me - I dont want any suggestion of trouble for Dave

Sorry Margaret - I can only do that on the other one.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 07:28   #214
Resident Waffler

Cashman, have you and Paris complained to Accy Vic? That's terrible that she was given the wrong treatment and they ought to be told what the consultant at Beardwood said.

Old 21-06-2007, 08:06   #215
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Cashman, have you and Paris complained to Accy Vic? That's terrible that she was given the wrong treatment and they ought to be told what the consultant at Beardwood said.
no not till ive finished my own treatment.
Old 21-06-2007, 08:50   #216
Resident Waffler

I'd be getting my complaint in now if it was me to make sure they didn't dare muck you about as well.

Old 21-06-2007, 09:11   #217
God Member

I was messed up by Accy Physio 13 years ago. They gave me neck traction twice a week for 5 weeks before an xray revealed osteoarthritis in all 7 neck joints -so I suffered the traction for no purpose.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 09:20   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I didn't say it was the case, I said maybe that's why he wasn't keen to help. If things aren't done be regulations these days you can guarantee a lawsuit against you even if you were acting within decent morals.
Just to clarify a point here.

Under the GOOD
SAMARITION act you can act in trying to save a life but you must not exceed your level of skills or use equipment that you are not trained for. This act could stop a law suit (think in UK only though)

GP's are trained and can do lots of things but have to make sure that the treatment is the best they can give. They don't carry the equipment that is on an Ambulance.

Within this area the NWAS has a good response time for most calls.

What I will say and stress to everyone is if in doubt about someone's condition call out the Ambulance NOT GP if it turns out that it best treated by GP that can be arranged but if it needs more skilful assistances then they can be treated and transported to A&E.

If you know of anybody who suffers from Angina and they start with Chest Pain make sure they stop what they are doing and take their GTN.

If they are at rest, sitting down or in bed and the pain starts take GTN and get Ambulance out otherwise give it 5 minutes to work and if no better re-take and call for Ambulance even if they say no get Dr.

Asthma and COPD suffers call out Ambulance if having Difficulty in Breathing (DIB)

Without my Ambulance nearby I'm only as good as what I can lay my hands on, and yes JB we would look round for medications etc but if life at risk, time critical condition/injuries, it scoop and run!!
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 09:22   #219
Give, give, give member

Sorry to hear about other peoples bad experiences at Accy Vic's physio department.

I go there to, but for preventative measures, and not to help an injury, so I guess it's different. The treatments I have, to help my walking, and stop my muscles from wasting away too quickly, have certainly helped.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:07   #220
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
Just to clarify a point here.

Under the GOOD SAMARITION act you can act in trying to save a life but you must not exceed your level of skills or use equipment that you are not trained for. This act could stop a law suit (think in UK only though)

GP's are trained and can do lots of things but have to make sure that the treatment is the best they can give. They don't carry the equipment that is on an Ambulance.

Within this area the NWAS has a good response time for most calls.

What I will say and stress to everyone is if in doubt about someone's condition call out the Ambulance NOT GP if it turns out that it best treated by GP that can be arranged but if it needs more skilful assistances then they can be treated and transported to A&E.

If you know of anybody who suffers from Angina and they start with Chest Pain make sure they stop what they are doing and take their GTN.

If they are at rest, sitting down or in bed and the pain starts take GTN and get Ambulance out otherwise give it 5 minutes to work and if no better re-take and call for Ambulance even if they say no get Dr.

Asthma and COPD suffers call out Ambulance if having Difficulty in Breathing (DIB)

Without my Ambulance nearby I'm only as good as what I can lay my hands on, and yes JB we would look round for medications etc but if life at risk, time critical condition/injuries, it scoop and run!!
If anything went wrong though the prosecuting barrister would probably pick fault with something else under another act. In France everyone is under a duty of care to anyone they see have an accident or in need of some sort of help, in UK, your not under any Act that states you need to help. With the pressures upon doctors these days under the strain of the NHS I think I'd be wary of doing something off duty in case I was too tired from the pressures of ON-duty life to help properly.

Most people are unwilling to help in this country when a stranger needs it. Why a doctor should be criticised just because he didn't go to help isn't really something we should pick fault with. I got beat up on a main road by a large gang of girls and cars just drove on by like nothing was happening, but I wont think badly of them for not helping, as there is just no duty to do so and its always easier to not get involved unfortunatly.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:15   #221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
If anything went wrong though the prosecuting barrister would probably pick fault with something else under another act. In France everyone is under a duty of care to anyone they see have an accident or in need of some sort of help, in UK, your not under any Act that states you need to help. With the pressures upon doctors these days under the strain of the NHS I think I'd be wary of doing something off duty in case I was too tired from the pressures of ON-duty life to help properly.

Most people are unwilling to help in this country when a stranger needs it. Why a doctor should be criticised just because he didn't go to help isn't really something we should pick fault with. I got beat up on a main road by a large gang of girls and cars just drove on by like nothing was happening, but I wont think badly of them for not helping, as there is just no duty to do so and its always easier to not get involved unfortunatly.
If I had been passing and seen you being attacked in the street I like to think I would have come to your aid but I understand that a lot of people would not do so for fear of being attacked themselves.However,there is a difference between a member of the public not wanting to get involved in a street attack and a doctor who is unwilling to go to a flat accross the road from his surgery to help save a life.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:24   #222
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
If I had been passing and seen you being attacked in the street I like to think I would have come to your aid but I understand that a lot of people would not do so for fear of being attacked themselves.However,there is a difference between a member of the public not wanting to get involved in a street attack and a doctor who is unwilling to go to a flat accross the road from his surgery to help save a life.
Perhaps the doctor was merely afraid of the possibility of having a death on his hands? I know its not very professional of a doctor to not go to someones aid but doctors who ust do general consultancy aren't necessarily prepared to deal with such a situation and their own personal feelings towards it may have been involved. I assume doctors get frightened and have feelings too.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 19:24   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I do believe that Michael Moore (Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine, Farenheit 911) is making a movie about medical care in America. Having the good fortune to live in a country which firmly believes that medical care should be available to all citizens, I await this documentary with interest. Universal, govt. funded health care, with its problems and its f**k ups is still way better than the health care for profit system.
Perhaps you'd like to read this - from a Canadian doctor. OpinionJournal - Featured Article

There is also the recent release of Regina Hertzlinger's book, "Who Killed Healthcare", which is on my list of must reads. I heard her being interviewed on the radio this week. She talks about the Swiss system of universal healthcare - which I would support, because it is consumer driven. Both good reality checks to Michael Moore's, "SIcko".
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 00:32   #224
God Member

Cyfr , maybe this could be the answer to your on going problem
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Surrey | Doctor 'prescribed an exorcism'

sorry for the flippancy , but maybe you need to think about it .

the last sentance to the article is the kicker ..........IF found guilty ........

Last edited by steeljack; 10-07-2007 at 00:38. Reason: addendum
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:04   #225
Resting in peace

You never know steeljack, if they keep her on I mighn't just consult her myself.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..