Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 19:15   #2221
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh, that's a real blow...I thought if you pled guilty it meant a lighter sentence.
(bleedin' lousy British justice)
Are you sure I can't be sentenced to be transported to the other side of the world?
I'll even steal a loaf of bread if it will make a difference.
They'll have to transport you eastwards ... we are full here
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2013, 21:05   #2222
God Member

Norman Baker tells commuters they are paying for 'premium product .bob crowe says rail passengers are getting bled dry by a bunch of spivs .i know who i believe.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:12   #2223
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
They'll have to transport you eastwards ... we are full here
I was thinking more 'downunder'...at least I have rellies there that would bring me a cake with a file in it...and it is a big wide country with enough places to lose myself in Eric.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:15   #2224
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Norman Baker tells commuters they are paying for 'premium product .bob crowe says rail passengers are getting bled dry by a bunch of spivs .i know who i believe.
The last time I looked the railways were a private enterprise...in it to make a profit....isn't that what businesses do?
Old 02-01-2013, 21:18   #2225
Beacon of light

And I don't recall you bringing up this subject before...like,when the Labour government was in office...this is the 10th consecutive year that prices have risen like this...so it isn't anything new...and Labour did nowt about it either, so don't sound so wounded.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:46   #2226
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
What was Bob saying when they went up oer the odds under Labour? In fact don't recall you saying out.
Old 02-01-2013, 23:35   #2227
God Member

i didnt agree with everything labour did or didnt,but they should have re-nationalized the railways.its the only way forward for the country to build on infrastructure instead of thinking the only way forward is to build more houses.the way forward is integration of the transport systems to help mobilise the work force at a reasonable price, instead of letting more money drain from the country to private shareholders.
Old 03-01-2013, 00:34   #2228

Quote:
i didnt agree with everything labour did or didnt,but they should have re-nationalized the railways.its the only way forward for the country to build on infrastructure instead of thinking the only way forward is to build more houses.the way forward is integration of the transport systems to help mobilise the work force at a reasonable price, instead of letting more money drain from the country to private shareholders.
One look at Bob Crow's record should give a hint on why they weren't re-nationalized
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27   #2229
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

[QUOTE=cmonstanley;1035335]but they should have re-nationalized the railways
instead of thinking the only way forward is to build more houses./QUOTE]

I really can't follow your "logic" ???

And anyway, just where would the money have come from ?? I seem to recall labour chucking it away hand over fist on pet enterprises such as the deadbeats, lazy & rather a large amount of foreigners who they'd let in in the hopes of swelling their voting base.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41   #2230
Beacon of light

Quote:
You might not have agreed...but how would we know...you never uttered one word of criticism against them. Very unbalanced don't you think?
Has no-one ever told you that hindsight is 20/20.
Successive governments failed to invest in the infrastructure..so when private concerns took over these nationalised industries...they were in need of big money to bring them up to a better standard. Would you hand over your money to do this with absolutely no return for it? No, that is why investors want to get a return on their investments........it is a bit like putting money in the bank and getting interest........oh look, the interest rates have been at what is a zero rate(or might as well be for what the banks pay out). No return for the money = no investment.
Private companies employ people...they pay wages. shareholders invest(that means they put their hard earned cash into the business) for which they get dividend(not always great amounts either)...for economic health it is necessary to have investment...so that workers can have jobs.(many of these workers will also be shareholders..though they might not realise it - it is money put into shares/bond/investments that will grow their pension pot).

A lot of ordinary folk in this country have shares(I am one of them) they do not bring me a vast amount of money, but make the difference between being able to pay the gas bill, and not being able to pay the gas bill!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-01-2013 at 06:48.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56   #2231
God Member

I criticized them over the post office
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01   #2232
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1035346]
Quote:
but they should have re-nationalized the railways
instead of thinking the only way forward is to build more houses./QUOTE]

I really can't follow your "logic" ???

And anyway, just where would the money have come from ?? I seem to recall labour chucking it away hand over fist on pet enterprises such as the deadbeats, lazy & rather a large amount of foreigners who they'd let in in the hopes of swelling their voting base.
The logic is taxpayers money being wasted on a ideology that has cost the country billions and yes labour failed there
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10   #2233
Beacon of light

Quote:
I criticized them over the post office
have you got proof of this? Because no-one on here recalls you ever posting anything at all against the last administration.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11   #2234
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=cmonstanley;1035358]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

The logic is taxpayers money being wasted on a ideology that has cost the country billions and yes labour failed there
This has to be a red letter day!

The 'Labour failed' bit is what C'mon said...though the quote ia attributed to DiG.....he was quoting what C'mon said.
I have come over all faint...I had better have a lie down.
Never thought I would see that from such a staunch, dyed in the wool, labour supporter.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-01-2013 at 09:15.
Old 03-01-2013, 16:27   #2235
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
have you got proof of this? Because no-one on here recalls you ever posting anything at all against the last administration.
As much as it pains me, there is his ONE post regarding this:
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...are-50031.html

Still it is only once

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..