Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2013, 08:53   #2371
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
we will have to agree to disagree but that's the truth Ive seen the figures.
If you'd have seen the figures you'd have been falling all over yourself to throw a link in, you've too much previous C'mon
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2013, 08:56   #2372
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
ripp ing of the hard worker, the salt of the earth and laughing at them.
Which quite obviously doesn't apply to you

Last edited by Neil; 28-01-2013 at 20:58.
Old 26-01-2013, 10:03   #2373
Beacon of light

Quote:
this is how they fixed the dole statistics ,there are 100,000 odd stuck on schemes with at least 15,000 people on sanctions when they moved the goal posts and most jobs that have been created are part time or £2.50 an hour apprenticeships zero hours contracts and temporary.this means no mortgages less tax returns no wonder the economy is in a mess.
And Labour governments never massaged the figures did they?
Though you never spoke of those did you? You are a one trick pony......you blather on about the same old same old.....much of it which doesn't affect you much seeing as you are over the border.
Anyway, it will all be alright when you are a new member of the EU(after good old Alex gets his way).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 10:14   #2374
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And Labour governments never massaged the figures did they?
Though you never spoke of those did you? You are a one trick pony......you blather on about the same old same old.....much of it which doesn't affect you much seeing as you are over the border.
Anyway, it will all be alright when you are a new member of the EU(after good old Alex gets his way).
The sooner the better I say
Old 28-01-2013, 20:54   #2375
God Member

Hey, catch this one folks:

British troops to join Mali mission | World news | The Guardian

And let's stand by for some serious mission creep!

I thought I'd stick this in here, as it's the tory government that's involed. If anyone feels it might need a thread of its own, feel free etc ....

So how many feel that this is a spur of the moment decision? They were probably discussing it while most of you were trying to avoid the Olympics on TV And how many believe your fearless leader when he talks of a kinda non-combat role for British troops? At least, if the rebels do start to fight back in the way the Taliban do, there will be no shortage of weapons around. The MoD can save money by having the British troops pick up the weapons dropped by the retreating French. I know. That's cruel. But I just had to say it ...

But I seem to remember some recent news about drastic cuts to the British Armed Forces. So ... the tories cut back on the military at the same time as they increase its commitments Am I alone in thinking how little sense this makes?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 23:13   #2376
God Member

nope your not.
Old 29-01-2013, 08:55   #2377
Resting in Peace

Quote:
nope your not.
You've no sense to start with
Old 29-01-2013, 17:16   #2378
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And how many believe your fearless leader when he talks of a kinda non-combat role for British troops?
That's how the Americans got embroiled in S.E.A, it may start out as advisory but then the next thing you know it's boots on the ground where the metal meets the meat & it's Iraq - Afghanistan all over again.
Old 29-01-2013, 18:56   #2379
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's how the Americans got embroiled in S.E.A, it may start out as advisory but then the next thing you know it's boots on the ground where the metal meets the meat & it's Iraq - Afghanistan all over again.
I aggree ... at least 100%; but what's bugging my ass is that I can't figure out why I mean why would Canada send JTF/FOI 2 to, well, guard an office building and a flying truck? It's like having the SAS do crowd control at a Stanley home game. It's a BS reason. But, in countries like Canada and the UK, both parliamentary democracies, at least some info has to be handed out to the great unwashed. Of course, Mali is a good place to have stuff like this happen. Not too many of us know where it is, and most of those don't give a flying you-know-what. Most folks are too busy catching up on CSI and Pawn Stars. In Iraq, it was oil; in Afghanistan it was a war on Osama's mob ... sort of died down when the SEALS wasted him. But Mali Ah well, enough wondering and wandering; I'm off to Rhea's fine drinking establishment for a few pints of Alexander Keith's fine Nova Scotia ale
Stevie R likes this.
Old 30-01-2013, 08:56   #2380
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I aggree ... at least 100%; but what's bugging my ass is that I can't figure out why I mean why would Canada send JTF/FOI 2 to, well, guard an office building and a flying truck? It's like having the SAS do crowd control at a Stanley home game. It's a BS reason. But, in countries like Canada and the UK, both parliamentary democracies, at least some info has to be handed out to the great unwashed. Of course, Mali is a good place to have stuff like this happen. Not too many of us know where it is, and most of those don't give a flying you-know-what. Most folks are too busy catching up on CSI and Pawn Stars. In Iraq, it was oil; in Afghanistan it was a war on Osama's mob ... sort of died down when the SEALS wasted him. But Mali Ah well, enough wondering and wandering; I'm off to Rhea's fine drinking establishment for a few pints of Alexander Keith's fine Nova Scotia ale
If you hear anything while your in Rhea's and before AKs Nova Scotia ale kicks in, let us know buddy
Old 30-01-2013, 14:37   #2381
God Member

Sorry to disappoint you, my friend; but the conversation was all hockey ... particularly the surprising form of the Montreal Canadiens, and the possible outcome of tonite's game in Ottawa, when the Canadiens face off against the Senators Vive les Canadiens
Old 31-01-2013, 20:55   #2382
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've no sense to start with
I wouldn't say that. All along C'mon has been saying that thet tories are a revolting bunch Looks like he's right. This doesn't need a link. Most of you guys read the papers and watch the news. Ok ... I'll put in a link from the Guardian; just to annoy Mr. 13

Tories tell PM: lift poll ratings or face revolt | Politics | The Guardian
Old 31-01-2013, 21:10   #2383
Beacon of light

Eric, it isn't just about the tories being a revolting bunch(all the political parties are much the same when you look at them.....a-holes every one) but the fact that C'mon didn't spend anywhere near as much time criticising Bliar(no, not a typo) and Brown for their political policies...spending money like it was going out of fashion with never a thought to where it was going to come from(us, the taxpayer) taking us into a conflict we should never have embarked upon, allowing unprecedented immigration in the hope that this would secure their tenure.........so please, don't try and tell me that any of them are worth a tuppenny candle.
Old 31-01-2013, 22:30   #2384
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eric, it isn't just about the tories being a revolting bunch(all the political parties are much the same when you look at them.....a-holes every one) but the fact that C'mon didn't spend anywhere near as much time criticising Bliar(no, not a typo) and Brown for their political policies...spending money like it was going out of fashion with never a thought to where it was going to come from(us, the taxpayer) taking us into a conflict we should never have embarked upon, allowing unprecedented immigration in the hope that this would secure their tenure.........so please, don't try and tell me that any of them are worth a tuppenny candle.
And here's me a thinkin' I was only having a little fun ... a little play with words And moi! Would I ever presume to tell you anything
Old 01-02-2013, 06:33   #2385
Beacon of light

Thank Goodness for that Eric.........I had your card marked as an astute fellow, I don't have to change my mind after all(it is a hard thing to do when you get to my age, because first, you have to find it)!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..