Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 21:31   #2401
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Of course Poland will 'honour' Tony Blair...he has done far more for their economy than he has for ours.
BERNADETTE and accyman like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2013, 22:41   #2402
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
To be honest Marg, he never said a word...
But also to be honest, he doesn't make any secret about his prejudices. It's not as if he offers his opinion as unbiased political comment. I agree with a lot of what he says, but I would express myself a little differently ... I like to keep a sense of humour when all about me are losing theirs As Will Waggledagger puts it: "There's nothing serious in mortality;/All is but toys; renown, and grace is dead./The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees/Is left this vault to brag of." Sounds a lot like a comment on contemporary politics and politicians, over there and over here. At the least, "lees" accurately pictures Cameron and Stephen Harper, tories both.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 23:03   #2403
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But also to be honest, he doesn't make any secret about his prejudices. It's not as if he offers his opinion as unbiased political comment. I agree with a lot of what he says, but I would express myself a little differently ... I like to keep a sense of humour when all about me are losing theirs As Will Waggledagger puts it: "There's nothing serious in mortality;/All is but toys; renown, and grace is dead./The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees/Is left this vault to brag of." Sounds a lot like a comment on contemporary politics and politicians, over there and over here. At the least, "lees" accurately pictures Cameron and Stephen Harper, tories both.
No he doesn't hide prejudices, bet he has those big green eyes of envy to go with the outfit too Eric
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17   #2404
God Member

hope a lot of people have got the phone numbers for removal men ohh wait a minute its going to take more money putting people in hotels till they find somewhere to go, or are they going to be homeless.the bedroom tax is on the way sooner than you think anybody who can justify the tories now are barmy.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44   #2405
God Member

HBC are already enforcing the bedroom tax i didnt think it was coming in until may.I also know that rossendale council are penalising people for having an empty room also.

lets be frank here this bedroom tax is mainly going to effect single men and who cares about them.I know some women live alone in rented accomodation but mostly its men

within 6 months though women will be expected to only use one bedroom and have their children sleep in bed with them so it will even out eventually.

Iv also heard on teh radio that Cameron is after abolishing council tax benefit so poor folk may find themsleves even worse off than first thought

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 02-02-2013 at 11:47.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 13:45   #2406
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
hope a lot of people have got the phone numbers for removal men ohh wait a minute its going to take more money putting people in hotels till they find somewhere to go, or are they going to be homeless.the bedroom tax is on the way sooner than you think anybody who can justify the tories now are barmy.
What no link
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 02-02-2013, 15:49   #2407
God Member

dont need a link mate, see it everyday im not the only one that is seeing it everyday just wait till they take the 10% subsidy of your council tax in april. with at least 10% more on the energy bills. the food kitchens will be full by summer.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:29   #2408
God Member

When I lived on that side of the pond, I never took all that much interest in politics ... except for budget time, complaining that my bitter would cost an extra penny a pint and tuppence more for fags Now, a few of the things that go on there surprise me. Ok, we adopted most of the British parliamentary system ... we even have a kinda House of Lords But this thing about housing? Why should the central government be concerning itself about this ... unless they believe that the peasants are having it a little too good Don't they have anything more important to deal with? Shouldn't the local authorities be dealing with this stuff? I've no doubt that the housing situation in Hyndburn is different from that of Little Muckheap on the Mould in the Cotswolds ... (I presume that's part of the Gin and Jaguar belt) Seems that this is definitely an issue that should be handled at the local level.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:52   #2409
God Member

well it is going to be local authorities implementing it , but they will be taking the brunt of violence that will be erupting and is already in other agencies.you say phone the police .there is hardly any police most of them are now or going to be on the dole.
Old 02-02-2013, 20:52   #2410

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
well it is going to be local authorities implementing it , but they will be taking the brunt of violence that will be erupting and is already in other agencies.you say phone the police .there is hardly any police most of them are now or going to be on the dole.
And what's the betting that the Labour run local authorities will implement it first , just so that they can shrug their shoulders and point their fingers at the big bad Tories while they do it.

And dunno about you but when I went to school 'most' meant more than half....are you seriously suggesting that more than half the police force are soon to be on the dole?
Old 02-02-2013, 23:38   #2411
God Member

i think its up to individual housing associations when they start it, not too sure if the north west is one of the pilot areas. the council are also taking over crisis loan budgeting loans etc.the times are a changing very fast.the jobcentre dont do jobs anymore theyve paid monster.com a big wack to take that over.
Old 02-02-2013, 23:40   #2412
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
And what's the betting that the Labour run local authorities will implement it first , just so that they can shrug their shoulders and point their fingers at the big bad Tories while they do it.

And dunno about you but when I went to school 'most' meant more than half....are you seriously suggesting that more than half the police force are soon to be on the dole?
counting the support staff,forensic labs ,dog units etc yep that would be an estimate guess.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36   #2413
Resting in Peace

Quote:
counting the support staff,forensic labs ,dog units etc yep that would be an estimate guess.
Well you've already shown your English usage ain't any great shakes, now looks like your maths ain't too clever either, dullard
Old 03-02-2013, 08:54   #2414
Beacon of light

be more specific...is it an estimate(which is based on a measurement of facts) or is it a guess......which is something you pull out of thin air....and has no relation to facts..
You don't know do you? You just like to throw things into the pot and then stir it about a bit.....something that you must have learned recently, since you NEVER did it with any of the rubbish new labour policies were being mooted.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:48   #2415
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But this thing about housing? Why should the central government be concerning itself about this ... unless they believe that the peasants are having it a little too good.
over the past 20 years government has gradually shirked its resposability to ensure people arnt homeless infact the tory's are or already have removed the responsability from councils to ensure someone isnt homeless.If you go into the council now saying you have no where to live and are homeless you get told to visit a website and apply or bid on a property usually owned by private landlords or housing associations.

mind you the councils dont really have any properties because the torys sold them all off and then complained when they ened up in the hands of private landlords who then charged 3x the rent on a propperty that was origonally a low rent property
cmonstanley likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-02-2013 at 10:55.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..