Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 10:04   #2446
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Na Less the Taliban are more selective that that
Well I've been thinking, and decided you could be right, more likely it's been discovered that the guy that owns the army surplus stores votes labour, so the coalition are making sure he can't re-stock with any of this stuff.

A deliberate move to squeeze him out of business.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07   #2447
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well I've been thinking, and decided you could be right, more likely it's been discovered that the guy that owns the army surplus stores votes labour, so the coalition are making sure he can't re-stock with any of this stuff.

A deliberate move to squeeze him out of business.
Ya sounds about right to me Less
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:25   #2448
Senior Member+

It was on the news down here that the Tories - Lib Dems capped housing benefit down here so what happened is by law the council have to house you if you've had a council flat. So those that were moved had to be housed in hotels at a cost much higher than the rent would have been. So capping the housing benefit has meant people had to leave council properties and be put up in hotels costing more than the rent would have. So infact the tax payer is now paying more than before the cut!
cmonstanley likes this.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 19:17   #2449
God Member

Ok, so it seems as if Labour are about 12 pints (that's a typo; but I thought I'd leave it in as a Jaysayism) ahead of the Tories ... well, give or take a few points. For the life of me ... and I would never vote tory; the guy in my avatar would be spinning in his grave if I did ... I can't see why And I do read the British press (for the naked broads; not the stories). But I can't see that they are doing anything special ... Labour that is, not the naked broads. I realize the tories are screwing up big time, especially that clown who is Chancellor of the Exchequer; but I don't see Labour as offering anything too much better than what the tories are doing.

Last edited by Eric; 11-02-2013 at 19:19.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:15   #2450
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It was on the news down here that the Tories - Lib Dems capped housing benefit down here so what happened is by law the council have to house you if you've had a council flat. So those that were moved had to be housed in hotels at a cost much higher than the rent would have been. So capping the housing benefit has meant people had to leave council properties and be put up in hotels costing more than the rent would have. So infact the tax payer is now paying more than before the cut!
from what iv read from admitidly not the best resource cameron is looking at taking away the responsability for the council to house people so the hotel issue will soon not be a hurdle for councils if true.

this con/dem lot seem to think that if an idea clearly wont work then force it to work by whatever means are needed is the way to go

one thing i would like to say is cameron is getting a lot of flak or the tory party is but lets not forget who made this all possible and done sod all to prevent it and give the Lib Dems some credit too

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:36   #2451
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok, so it seems as if Labour are about 12 pints (that's a typo; but I thought I'd leave it in as a Jaysayism) ahead of the Tories ... well, give or take a few points. For the life of me ... and I would never vote tory; the guy in my avatar would be spinning in his grave if I did ... I can't see why And I do read the British press (for the naked broads; not the stories). But I can't see that they are doing anything special ... Labour that is, not the naked broads. I realize the tories are screwing up big time, especially that clown who is Chancellor of the Exchequer; but I don't see Labour as offering anything too much better than what the tories are doing.
To be honest Eric, neither could run a booze up at Thwaites Brewery, mind you I do keep smiling every time Mr Ed has comments on present policy, we wouldn't do this, we wouldn't do that, its not doing enough (on things they actually agree on) I just sit back and think if you've got all the answers why didn't you implement them when you had the chance, labour have always been big on talk poor on action, they talk the talk but don't walk the walk
Old 13-02-2013, 22:43   #2452
God Member

this isnt new labour this is one nation labour
Old 14-02-2013, 09:02   #2453
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
they're not even one party, never mind one nation
Old 15-02-2013, 18:22   #2454
God Member

another failed tory policy Plan for small businesses to take over empty government buildings 'failing' | Business | The Guardian
Old 15-02-2013, 20:37   #2455

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post

And next year will they be the Peoples Front of Judea or the Judean Peoples Front?
Eric likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 22:41   #2456
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
And next year will they be the Peoples Front of Judea or the Judean Peoples Front?
I don't have a problem with voting left of centre ... in fact, I like a little more "left" than "centre" ... but "One Nation" is nothing more than an empty slogan. The sheep will follow thinking all will be equal, forgetting that some will always be more equal than others. I still don't see New Labour, or whatever you want to call it, is any more responisve to the wishes of those who vote for it than is the Conservative party. In fact, the conservatives are more likely to pursue policies which benefit their supporters, particularly the more well-heeled ones.
Old 15-02-2013, 23:00   #2457

Quote:
In fact, the conservatives are more likely to pursue policies which benefit their supporters, particularly the more well-heeled ones.
Correct, unfortunately New Labour also seem to have backed the Conservatives more well-heeled as well.
Old 15-02-2013, 23:28   #2458
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Correct, unfortunately New Labour also seem to have backed the Conservatives more well-heeled as well.
Yup ... when it comes to grubbing for votes all political parties have the morals of a vacuum cleaner. Come to think of it, that's being a little to generous.
Old 15-02-2013, 23:38   #2459

Quote:
Yup ... when it comes to grubbing for votes all political parties have the morals of a vacuum cleaner. Come to think of it, that's being a little to generous.
Perhaps it would read better as:-

'all political parties morals have less substance than a vacuum?'
Old 16-02-2013, 07:57   #2460

Quote:
"One Nation" is nothing more than an empty slogan.
Like "Big Society" - Politicians are full of 'em (and some brown stuff).
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..