Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 19:38   #2431
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the crisis started when thatcher took over
Actually, I think it started when we came down from the trees ... come to think of it, leaving the ocean may not have been all that good of an idea either
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2013, 19:47   #2432
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Actually, I think it started when we came down from the trees ... come to think of it, leaving the ocean may not have been all that good of an idea either
It might not have been to bad if some blabbermouth hadn't gone back and told their stupid relatives what we were up to.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 20:21   #2433
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It might not have been to bad if some blabbermouth hadn't gone back and told their stupid relatives what we were up to.
Probably some tory dissatisfied with 13 million years in the trees.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:29   #2434
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the crisis started when thatcher took over
The crisis ended when thatcher took over and we got rid of the birdbrain Callaghan, and bushy eyebrowed mate (silly billy) the earlier version of Brown and his little Darling
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31   #2435
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Probably some tory dissatisfied with 13 million years in the trees.
13 years was bad enough
Old 07-02-2013, 18:52   #2436
God Member

ha ha osbourne is only out by £64 billion .
Old 07-02-2013, 19:08   #2437
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Link please, or people will think your stupid
Old 07-02-2013, 19:44   #2438
God Member

Quote:
Pity it wasn't 65 billion ... then it would have been divisible by 13 Think of how those figures could be interpreted. Are the tories screwing up at a faster rate than Labour did? Is it a mathematical tie? Who really gives a .... .

I do believe, from what I have been reading on here, that not many folks have any confidece in the abilities of any of the major parties. But much as I dislike tories and their ideology, but I don't see the Chancellor's errors as risible.

Last edited by Eric; 07-02-2013 at 19:46. Reason: I'm pregnant again
Old 07-02-2013, 20:04   #2439
God Member

Almost half of British military kit to be left in Afghanistan - Telegraph a disgrace. but they wont need it as they are sacking most of the army off..
Old 07-02-2013, 22:16   #2440
God Member

Quote:
Almost half of British military kit to be left in Afghanistan - Telegraph a disgrace. but they wont need it as they are sacking most of the army off..

yet the radio is full of adverts asking for gun fodder to join up which due to teh lack of equiptment given to our lads is pretty much what your signing up to be.

sack the soldiers on decentish pay and recruit lower paid lads to replace them ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:27   #2441
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Or it isn't fit for purpose like most of the army's equipment provided by the last government
Old 08-02-2013, 09:02   #2442

Quote:
History repeating itself, they did similar at Dunkirk.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22   #2443
Resting in Peace

Quote:
History repeating itself, they did similar at Dunkirk.
There again they might work on the same premise as been used in the NHS for a while now, if you get equipment from the NHS at home such as perching stools shower, seats, walking frames, foot stools, bed back rest, they are none returnable, because they say it is cheaper to replace with new that to collect and refurbish these items for reuse
Old 08-02-2013, 09:47   #2444

Well, I keep getting leaflets through the door asking for clothes for people of a certain ethnic background, perhaps the army has had similar fliers from the Taliban?

'We are a very poor and ill equipped organisation, can you find it in your heart to supply us with any used or unneeded pieces of equipment that you may have'.

Last edited by Less; 08-02-2013 at 09:50.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57   #2445
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, I keep getting leaflets through the door asking for clothes for people of a certain ethnic background, perhaps the army has had similar fliers from the Taliban?

'We are a very poor and ill equipped organisation, can you find it in your heart to supply us with any used or unneeded pieces of equipment that you may have'.
Na Less the Taliban are more selective that that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..