Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 12:07   #2416
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Many of the council houses were sold to sitting tenants for a fraction of the cost of what they were worth. I know quite a few people who would not have had a hope in hell of getting together a deposit back then (when mortgages were freely available on low deposits) and became home owners by buying their council house.
What happened back then cannot be undone.....the failure has been not building affordable rental properties....and uncontrolled immigration has got to be a factor in there too.
People who come into the country want houses, which means that there just are not enough properties to go around.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2013, 14:18   #2417
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Many of the council houses were sold to sitting tenants for a fraction of the cost of what they were worth. I know quite a few people who would not have had a hope in hell of getting together a deposit back then (when mortgages were freely available on low deposits) and became home owners by buying their council house.
What happened back then cannot be undone.....the failure has been not building affordable rental properties....and uncontrolled immigration has got to be a factor in there too.
People who come into the country want houses, which means that there just are not enough properties to go around.
Ya Uncontrolled Immigration without support is stupid, yet Blair and Brown did nothing about it, nor has Cameron either. Looking at statistics published this morning its easy to see why they want to come here

average salary for low paid workers is £17,149 in GB in Poland its £3,690 Romania £2,234 and in the next country who will be heading for here in 2014 Bulgaria its £1,654. In these countries benefits paid to jobless without children is Poland £2,712 Romania £1,239 Bulgaria £992, while in this country its £9,686. To me it makes sense to get the hell out of Europe and then the big players in the euro can take the mantle and those who are looking for a better place to live financially or live on benefits can go there instead, just in passing since the previous census to the last one the number of people with Islam as their religion has rocketed to Two and a half million and they're not here for the good weather either
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 16:35   #2418
God Member

Quote:
What happened back then cannot be undone.....the failure has been not building affordable rental properties....and uncontrolled immigration has got to be a factor in there too..

like many have said before including myself.

make sure them that are already here can be catered for before inviting more..

but that makes you racist
BERNADETTE likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 17:35   #2419
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
like many have said before including myself.

make sure them that are already here can be catered for before inviting more..

but that makes you racist
Well it does for them that walk about with their head up their own arse, other people think it makes sense, the idea is to cater for your own before flooding the country with people who want to come here on the make, I think GB is the only country where you can come in one day and be strewn with gifts of cash houses anything you require, not because we're generous or out like that, we're the do gooders capital of the world, with your left wing hand ringing liberal guardianist screaming at anybody who disagrees. Try going to the states or Australia or anywhere for that matter and see if you get any joy, I believe if you want to go to Aussie you need to prove you can support yourself and have a job lined up before you go, if you want to live in the states you need sponsoring by an American citizen before they give you a visa, I know Joan's Niece lives in Dallas and her mother and father wanted to move there a few years ago, she only managed it because their daughter has now got American citizenship or they would have been up the Swanee without a paddle
BERNADETTE likes this.

Last edited by jaysay; 03-02-2013 at 17:39.
Old 03-02-2013, 17:46   #2420
Beacon of light

I don't think it racist to tell the truth.
If people want to come here then they must first prove that they :-
1) have somewhere to live.
2) have a job they can go to.
3) have medical insurance to cover any health needs.
4)have enough funds to support themselves for at least two years.

We should stop giving benefits to those who have made no contributions in this country.
We should stop foreign aid...unless it is given in the form of credits which will be spent in goods or services which originate in this country(which would give a boost to our failing economy).
Benefits should not be paid for children who do not live in this country.
I don't know how many millions this would save, but it would perhaps ensure that some of the service cuts would not be necessary.

And John, you are spot on about Australia, and what is more...you can only get a job if there is no Australian national who either wants to do it or is qualified to do it.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 18:52   #2421
God Member

Quote:
I don't think it racist to tell the truth.
If people want to come here then they must first prove that they :-
1) have somewhere to live.
2) have a job they can go to.
3) have medical insurance to cover any health needs.
4)have enough funds to support themselves for at least two years.

We should stop giving benefits to those who have made no contributions in this country.
We should stop foreign aid...unless it is given in the form of credits which will be spent in goods or services which originate in this country(which would give a boost to our failing economy).
Benefits should not be paid for children who do not live in this country.
I don't know how many millions this would save, but it would perhaps ensure that some of the service cuts would not be necessary.

And John, you are spot on about Australia, and what is more...you can only get a job if there is no Australian national who either wants to do it or is qualified to do it.
Those are four decent qualifications you mention ... Here's a test you guys can take to see if you qualify to get into god's country:

Canadian Immigration and Visas | Canadian Immigration Points Calculator

Good luck/Bonne chance
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 20:15   #2422
Beacon of light

I might just sqeak into Canada.......but I am neither an earner nor a breeder....and to be honest I could not face the packing.
We(as a family) had the opportunity to migrate to Australia in 1974, but I got cold feet at the thought of the medical so we didn't go. That would have been the best time to go...our daughter was only six years old and I am sure she would have adapted very well to the outdoor life.

Who knows what I would have done. I feel that I had a successful career over here.......I'm not sure I would have had the guts to take on the challenge of a new life and a totally absorbing career over in Oz...and in any case I would not have had the support network which would have allowed me to do it. Fate has me where it wants me...and where I could do the most good...or at least that is what I tell myself when all the world looks brown and crappy.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 21:17   #2423
God Member

i wouldnt mind but when people say cater for those that are already here the "those that are already here" contain people from all creeds and walks of life.Its just common sense to say we have enough people thankyou try again later when a few folk have either emigrated or died off.

As for foreign aid again common sense says stop it all until we are in a position to start giving again.Why should teh citizens of a country be the only people in it together and feeling the pinch ?
BERNADETTE likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 03-02-2013, 23:51   #2424
God Member

yep go into any goverment agencies saying you need help they send you away to a private housing association how much are they paying them .from april all loans from the jobcentre are being transferred to your local council which doesnt have any money ring fenced for this service .
Old 04-02-2013, 00:55   #2425
God Member

to be fair all this asking the council for help and been diverted to an outside agencey or a website to bid on a property with your tale of woe all came about on labours watch.

just think...

if labour ,mainly tony blair hadnt screwed up in such a maginificant way we wouldnt have this shower of crap we have now

Old 04-02-2013, 08:29   #2426
Resting in Peace

Quote:
to be fair all this asking the council for help and been diverted to an outside agency or a website to bid on a property with your tale of woe all came about on labours watch.

just think...

if labour ,mainly tony blair hadnt screwed up in such a maginificant way we wouldnt have this shower of crap we have now
A lot of the crap jock strap complains about started on Blair and Browns watch, but there's no so blind than those who don't want to see
Old 04-02-2013, 13:10   #2427
God Member

i dont think brown carrys much blame mainly because he opposed blair on a lot of things but he had to do as he was told or be sacked and never get to be primeminister.It was no secret the two had very different ideas and hated each other and i genuinly believe that Tony Blair deliberatly screwed things up deliberatly to ensure Brown didnt get re-elected.Anyone who wasnt a yes man to Blair soon found themselves out fo a job.Im not saying Brown was perfect but the vast majority of blame falls at Blairs feet.

for that to be true though you would have to believe that Blair was such an ego maniac that he would screw a country just to punish one man...

and i think he would his actions arnt really those of a man with a concience are thaey ?

Old 04-02-2013, 14:48   #2428

Quote:
i dont think brown carrys much blame mainly because he opposed blair on a lot of things but he had to do as he was told or be sacked and never get to be primeminister.It was no secret the two had very different ideas and hated each other and i genuinly believe that Tony Blair deliberatly screwed things up deliberatly to ensure Brown didnt get re-elected.Anyone who wasnt a yes man to Blair soon found themselves out fo a job.Im not saying Brown was perfect but the vast majority of blame falls at Blairs feet.

for that to be true though you would have to believe that Blair was such an ego maniac that he would screw a country just to punish one man...

and i think he would his actions arnt really those of a man with a concience are thaey ?
I think the problem was that Blair wasn't as much interested in internal affairs as he was in foreign excursions. Brown was left with pretty much of a free hand with the economy etc. and screwed it up for all of us. Both of them were too arrogant to condone any criticism.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 17:39   #2429
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave telford View Post
I think the problem was that Blair wasn't as much interested in internal affairs as he was in foreign excursions. Brown was left with pretty much of a free hand with the economy etc. and screwed it up for all of us. Both of them were too arrogant to condone any criticism.
Couldn't have put it better myself Dave, very remnant with Jim Callaghan back in 79, crisis what crisis, as he sipped his ice drink in the Caribbean
Old 06-02-2013, 19:10   #2430
God Member

the crisis started when thatcher took over

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..