Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08   #2386
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Thank Goodness for that Eric.........I had your card marked as an astute fellow, I don't have to change my mind after all(it is a hard thing to do when you get to my age, because first, you have to find it)!
Well it never really matters to Eric, in those historic 13 years he was in his cabin in the Canadian outback drinking strong beer while the world passed by
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11   #2387
JFT96

Quote:
Eric, it isn't just about the tories being a revolting bunch(all the political parties are much the same when you look at them.....a-holes every one) but the fact that C'mon didn't spend anywhere near as much time criticising Bliar(no, not a typo) and Brown for their political policies...
To be honest Marg, he never said a word...

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14   #2388
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
To be honest Marg, he never said a word...
Ya not one post
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02   #2389
Beacon of light

Didn't he criticise them about post offices/postal service or something?....I am saying this because he made a comment saying he had criticised t hem just once....and I said I would need tangible proof of that. Lo and behold someone posted a link to it - Si, it might even have been you.
But hey you have to get things into perspective....all that money they spent on useless projects, the war we went into, that lost young men their lives because of lies told about WMD...the tinkering about with social engineering, the mass uncontrolled immigration, multicuturalism....and what does C'mon worry most about...why?.....the blooming post office/postal services. Talk about having sensible priorities.
Well, No...you can't put sense into bone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10   #2390
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Margaret,remember the owd saying "Yeh can't put sense,were there is none"
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40   #2391
Beacon of light

Yes, That was what I was saying in the last line......bone has no sense.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50   #2392
JFT96

Quote:
Didn't he criticise them about post offices/postal service or something?....I am saying this because he made a comment saying he had criticised t hem just once....and I said I would need tangible proof of that. Lo and behold someone posted a link to it - Si, it might even have been you.
But hey you have to get things into perspective....all that money they spent on useless projects, the war we went into, that lost young men their lives because of lies told about WMD...the tinkering about with social engineering, the mass uncontrolled immigration, multicuturalism....and what does C'mon worry most about...why?.....the blooming post office/postal services. Talk about having sensible priorities.
Well, No...you can't put sense into bone.
Come to think of it Marg, ya right, ONE post....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:20   #2393
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well it never really matters to Eric, in those historic 13 years he was in his cabin in the Canadian outback drinking strong beer while the world passed by
Yup, in those "historic 13 years", it was real boring over here. Governments were doing oh hum things like paying down the debt, controlling deficits, developing natural resources, putting money into health care and education, making sure that banks and financial institutions didn't lend money to ninjas, avoiding the Iraq conflict, etc. Things would have been a lot better if the US and Europe hadn't screwed up ... but, we did ok. And we would be doing a helluva lot better right now if the EU could get their shiite (or is it "sunni") together.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:52   #2394
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Yup, in those "historic 13 years", it was real boring over here. Governments were doing oh hum things like paying down the debt, controlling deficits, developing natural resources, putting money into health care and education, making sure that banks and financial institutions didn't lend money to ninjas, avoiding the Iraq conflict, etc. Things would have been a lot better if the US and Europe hadn't screwed up ... but, we did ok. And we would be doing a helluva lot better right now if the EU could get their shiite (or is it "sunni") together.
I'm not certain but I do suspect c'mon has hacked Erics user name, I'll be able to confirm this to be true if Eric puts a link in his next post.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:18   #2395
Beacon of light

Quote:
Maybe your government could come over here and give our worthless feckless politicians, a lesson or two in how things should be done.
As for the EU.....please, Eric...don't get me started on that. I have had my blood pressure peak for the day!
Old 01-02-2013, 16:20   #2396
God Member

Quote:
Maybe your government could come over here and give our worthless feckless politicians, a lesson or two in how things should be done.
As for the EU.....please, Eric...don't get me started on that. I have had my blood pressure peak for the day!
Hey, we sent Mark Carney to sort out the Bank of England. I'm not an expert in the dismal science; but it does seem as if GB is asking for economic trouble with, what is it, about 30% of the GDP in the City of London? ... probably not many Labour supporters there, eh .... eggs and baskets come to mind. Here follows a gratuitous link to keep Less happy:

Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork Recipe - Allrecipes.com

The successful economies seem to be the ones that make stuff. Like the nazis ... although they had an advantage. The RAF and 8th Air Force destroyed most of their old factories, and after the war the US gave Germany a whole bunch of money to build new ones. Similar things happened in the "Land of the Rising Sun and War Crimes". (Then there are economies like ours, based on the fact that we have trillions in natural resources.) This isn't the first time in British history that an advantage in industrial capacity was squandered. It happened in the late nineteenth century too.

I suppose I could make a political/conspiratorial argument that GB's tories have a vested interest in maintaining the economic imbalance, and avoid having a strong, unionized working classs ... but I'm not all that interested, and lunchtime is here, and I have lots of pulled pork left over from last nite.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:24   #2397

Quote:
Here follows a gratuitous link to keep Less happy:

Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Told you it was c'mon, why does no-one listen to me?
Old 01-02-2013, 16:28   #2398

Quote:
This isn't the first time in British history that an advantage in industrial capacity was squandered. It happened in the late nineteenth century too.
Didn't it also happen with North sea gas? I forget the ladies name, but let's use it to remove coal miners rather than improve the infrastructure for all?
Old 01-02-2013, 19:10   #2399
Beacon of light

Less...your nose has grown......you didn't forget the name of the female at all...you just couldn't bear to type it.
Old 01-02-2013, 20:40   #2400

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
(all the political parties are much the same when you look at them.....a-holes every one) ..so please, don't try and tell me that any of them are worth a tuppenny candle.
(snipped your original post Margaret to the salient points)

Here's a typical example of why both main parties have screwed us over..

Polish the new second language in Britain.....

Video: Tony Blair 'honoured' by award from Poland - Telegraph

Labour encouraged the influx.....

Apparently they also produce around 10-15% of the GDP....massaged figures from the Tories, which does not take into account that most of this goes straight out of the country as they send their earnings home, or that they are prepared to work for peanuts and sign away their rights which is allowed by Graham Jones beloved working time directives (ask any waiter in any Blackpool hotel how many hours a week they work).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..