Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 08:51   #2461
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Since when as anybody working for the Guardian known anything about business
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 16:47   #2462
Senior Member+

Check out the Tory Boy Band as shown on Sunday Politics show!

Wonder what the name is? The Bullingdon Boys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tory boy band 1.jpg (79.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg tory boy band 2.jpg (73.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg tory boy band 3.jpg (68.6 KB, 9 views)
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 18:13   #2463
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Since when as anybody working for the Guardian known anything about business
The only reason you prefer the "Mail" is 'cause it can be read by those with a sight vocabulary of about 800 words. We have papers like that too ... many of them can be purchased in supermarkets. The lead story is usually about the latest Elvis sightings. And then there are the rags from Sun Media. Definitely the papers for tories; they don't challenge the intellect of a guppy.

Come to think of it, if the tories know so much about business, how come your economy is in such a mess, and getting worse? And forecast to stay that way for most of the next decade. Our business-minded tories managed to underestimate the cost of our new fighter aircraft by about $20 billiion.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 21:36   #2464

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The only reason you prefer the "Mail" is 'cause it can be read by those with a sight vocabulary of about 800 words.
You're just picking on him cos' he can't spell 'Gaurniad'
Eric likes this.
Old 16-02-2013, 22:03   #2465
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
You're just picking on him cos' he can't spell 'Gaurniad'
Believe it or not, the figure "800" was not picked out of thin air. (Like, for example, the number .... mmmm, let's say "13"). I remember it was back in the early '60s at Accy Grammar. In English class the teacher, Peplow I think, caught a boy reading the "Mirror" when he should have been reading "Tintern Abbey". When he was doing the bawling out, I remember the teacher mentioning that the "Mirror" was designed for readers with a sight reading vocab. of 800 words. For some reason, it stuck in my memory Go figure, eh
Old 17-02-2013, 07:47   #2466

Quote:
Believe it or not, the figure "800" was not picked out of thin air. (Like, for example, the number .... mmmm, let's say "13"). I remember it was back in the early '60s at Accy Grammar. In English class the teacher, Peplow I think, caught a boy reading the "Mirror" when he should have been reading "Tintern Abbey". When he was doing the bawling out, I remember the teacher mentioning that the "Mirror" was designed for readers with a sight reading vocab. of 800 words. For some reason, it stuck in my memory Go figure, eh
Peplow ! That brings back memories - he was my form teacher for a year, 3L I think it was. He was very strict - used sarcasm to great effect.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 08:45   #2467
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The only reason you prefer the "Mail" is 'cause it can be read by those with a sight vocabulary of about 800 words. We have papers like that too ... many of them can be purchased in supermarkets. The lead story is usually about the latest Elvis sightings. And then there are the rags from Sun Media. Definitely the papers for tories; they don't challenge the intellect of a guppy.

Come to think of it, if the tories know so much about business, how come your economy is in such a mess, and getting worse? And forecast to stay that way for most of the next decade. Our business-minded tories managed to underestimate the cost of our new fighter aircraft by about $20 billiion.
I refuse to take serious any paper that employs a left wing lunatic like Pole dance Polly, if you want a real slant on business the Guardian or Independent are out of the running Times and Telegraph, as for the Mail, can't remember the last time I even logged onto their site, in fact you quote more from the Mail than I've ever done. The economy might be in a mess, but just thank god that Mr. Ed ain't in charge, then it would be a total unmitigated disaster
Old 17-02-2013, 12:37   #2468
God Member

well it looks like goerge osborne has got it right UK economy is ?in the relegation zone? | Politics UK

if you want to really bring a triple dip
Old 17-02-2013, 19:24   #2469
God Member

Quote:
I refuse to take serious any paper that employs a left wing lunatic like Pole dance Polly, if you want a real slant on business the Guardian or Independent are out of the running Times and Telegraph, as for the Mail, can't remember the last time I even logged onto their site, in fact you quote more from the Mail than I've ever done. The economy might be in a mess, but just thank god that Mr. Ed ain't in charge, then it would be a total unmitigated disaster
I agree with: "I refuse to take serious any paper ... " I also do that. But I guess we have to put up with that First Ammendment stuff ... even without an official, in-writing First Ammendment. It's what separates us, Canadian and British alike, from those countries governed by assorted despots, tosspots, sociopaths, criminals, and Islamists.

Still surprised though that you believe anyone could do a worse job of running the British economy than Osborne is doing. Even world class fiscal conservatives wince as he continues to cut, cut, cut, while ignoring the fact that somewhere along the line a little stimulus has to be injected. And stimulus does not involve giving tax cuts to companies who are already "legally" avoiding paying their due by using all the loopholes available to them, in the hope that these 21st century robber barons will create jobsMaybe it's time to put party ideology aside for a while, and do what's best for the country. In my unsolicited colonial opinion, getting out of the EU would be a helluva good start. The EU is not quite a sinking ship just yet. Not quite. But German cash ain't going to keep it afloat forever.
Old 17-02-2013, 19:50   #2470
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
Peplow ! That brings back memories - he was my form teacher for a year, 3L I think it was. He was very strict - used sarcasm to great effect.
Remember Peplow well he taught me French
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 23:10   #2471
dts
Junior Member+

the best was camoron in a job centre, think it was west yorkshire, Q why are people in this town now five fold haveing to reley on charity handouts since you have been in power....camoron...the reason is this we now advertise this "service" in the job centres therefore more people know...so there we have it..by the way this etonion has never done an honest days work and comes from a long line of spivs and spectorleters...put that in your pipe peter and smoke it, how long have you been on the brew now?
dts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 08:15   #2472
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I agree with: "I refuse to take serious any paper ... " I also do that. But I guess we have to put up with that First Ammendment stuff ... even without an official, in-writing First Ammendment. It's what separates us, Canadian and British alike, from those countries governed by assorted despots, tosspots, sociopaths, criminals, and Islamists.

Still surprised though that you believe anyone could do a worse job of running the British economy than Osborne is doing. Even world class fiscal conservatives wince as he continues to cut, cut, cut, while ignoring the fact that somewhere along the line a little stimulus has to be injected. And stimulus does not involve giving tax cuts to companies who are already "legally" avoiding paying their due by using all the loopholes available to them, in the hope that these 21st century robber barons will create jobsMaybe it's time to put party ideology aside for a while, and do what's best for the country. In my unsolicited colonial opinion, getting out of the EU would be a helluva good start. There not quite a sinking ship just yet. Not quite. But German cash ain't going to keep it afloat forever.
Wasn't it Osborne who has just persuaded other world leaders to make sure multi national companies pay the taxes they should be paying. Mind you as I've said before I've not much time for Cameron, the only time he satisfy me is by giving the ordinary people in this country a referendum on Europe, then abiding by the results
Old 18-02-2013, 08:18   #2473
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
the best was camoron in a job centre, think it was west yorkshire, Q why are people in this town now five fold haveing to reley on charity handouts since you have been in power....camoron...the reason is this we now advertise this "service" in the job centres therefore more people know...so there we have it..by the way this etonion has never done an honest days work and comes from a long line of spivs and spectorleters...put that in your pipe peter and smoke it, how long have you been on the brew now?
Where did you cut and paste that from it was actually readable, well apart from the half a dozen spelling mistakes that is
Old 18-02-2013, 09:14   #2474
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Where did you cut and paste that from it was actually readable, well apart from the half a dozen spelling mistakes that is
You're an expert on spill chuckers, why not do the friendly thing?

P.M. him with how he can download the one used by 'Special' people like what you is.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 09:53   #2475
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You're an expert on spill chuckers, why not do the friendly thing?

P.M. him with how he can download the one used by 'Special' people like what you is.
I tried that With C'mon but it didn't make any difference, if you have a problem with spelling try and do something about it, at least I do try to make readable the stuff I write on here Less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..