Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2014, 06:56   #3721
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Tories

Yer quite correct accyexplorer, missus son works fer n agency, sometimes only gets 1 shift, NO holiday pay, No company pension or anything, Trouble is some are too blinkered to see whats going on.
Old 31-01-2014, 07:31   #3722
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
.... and anything.
They usually mean what those who commissioned them wanted them to mean.
Figures can be skewed in many ways, not least of all the interpretation of them.
I trust none of them. Age has made me both cynical and suspicious.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 08:12   #3723
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They usually mean what those who commissioned them wanted them to mean.

Figures can be skewed in many ways, not least of all the interpretation of them.

I trust none of them. Age has made me both cynical and suspicious.

They don't mean what they are told to say, but they say it anyway.
It's not your age that's made you cynical, it's their underhand actions that caused it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 11:30   #3724
Senior Member+

The Tories say wages are going up .
I know folk that 10yrs ago was on £10per hr,an today,guess what there on £10per hr.Now I'm not a mathematician but something doesn't add up (it's pity full).I don't know how they get away with it (I blame the people).Its propaganda they put it out on the news,radio god knows how many times,In the end not only do they start believing it,(some ) folk believe it too.
Be serious,how many working folk can save up nowadays?,how many can afford a nice holiday? (Their having a laugh)

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 12:04   #3725
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
The Tories say wages are going up .
I know folk that 10yrs ago was on £10per hr,an today,guess what there on £10per hr.Now I'm not a mathematician but something doesn't add up (it's pity full).I don't know how they get away with it (I blame the people).Its propaganda they put it out on the news,radio god knows how many times,In the end not only do they start believing it,(some ) folk believe it too.
Be serious,how many working folk can save up nowadays?,how many can afford a nice holiday? (Their having a laugh)

As sincere as you may be, as Margaret P' reminds us, we are being ripped off by all parties not just the Tories.
cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 16:54   #3726
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As sincere as you may be, as Margaret P' reminds us, we are being ripped off by all parties not just the Tories.
Very true too.
I'd rather eat crumbs with "bums",Than steaks with these politician snakes.

password--Accyweb
Old 31-01-2014, 20:48   #3727

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I don't know how they get away with it (I blame the people).Its propaganda they put it out on the news,radio god knows how many times,In the end not only do they start believing it,(some ) folk believe it too.
Sorry, totally disagree with this.

Just who are these people that you blame? Shapeshifters? Aliens? Lizard men? You are one of these 'people'..what are YOU doing to stop them getting 'away with it'?

Propaganda...no doubt..but most of us see right through it, we don't believe, we are cynical, we bitch, we whine...we know we are being screwed!!.....but tell us what else we can do when the party political voting system is so archaic that no matter what we do at the ballot box, we cannot effect reasonable change?

The only answers we get in open debate are 'we know better than you, so shut it you lazy nobody!' (take a look at some of the politicians answers on this forum if you don't believe that one)
Eric likes this.
Old 31-01-2014, 21:15   #3728
God Member

labour gave us the national minimum wage .david cameron and his cronies voted against it at the time. this is fact.
Old 31-01-2014, 23:00   #3729
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Sorry, totally disagree with this.

Just who are these people that you blame? Shapeshifters? Aliens? Lizard men? You are one of these 'people'..what are YOU doing to stop them getting 'away with it'?

Propaganda...no doubt..but most of us see right through it, we don't believe, we are cynical, we bitch, we whine...we know we are being screwed!!.....but tell us what else we can do when the party political voting system is so archaic that no matter what we do at the ballot box, we cannot effect reasonable change?

The only answers we get in open debate are 'we know better than you, so shut it you lazy nobody!' (take a look at some of the politicians answers on this forum if you don't believe that one)
I respect your right to a different opinion G.
The people i blame are those with the blinkers up,The ones who cant taste the BS they are being fed from all parties.So i do the only thing i can do to stop them getting 'away with it',I don't vote an share my view.
"I'm not here to come up with some world Utopia" (No one will share my beliefs 100% even if i did).
I had my little rant an I respect folks right to a different opinion.
cashman likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21   #3730
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
labour gave us the national minimum wage .david cameron and his cronies voted against it at the time. this is fact.
Here we go round the mull..sscrrit..here we go round the mull..sscrrit..here we go round the mull..sscrrit..Oy! Change the 'kin record will ya, I do believe it's scratched!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49   #3731
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Here we go round the mull..sscrrit..here we go round the mull..sscrrit..here we go round the mull..sscrrit..Oy! Change the 'kin record will ya, I do believe it's scratched!
look in the mirror fact of the day. in 1993 british rail had no debt as it wasnt allowed to rack up debt, network rail has £35 billion of debt . fact the tories privatization of public services and utilities is the reason we owe so much money. not the disabled and the weak who the tories are demonising.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:08   #3732
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So when did the debt start? who was in power?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28   #3733
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
look in the mirror
Just did & I saw a 'andsome geezer , well balanced & sensible looking back at me, exactly what I expected to see. You on the other hand my friend ...... well lets just say, you'll be sorely disappointed at what you see.

Unless of course you're expecting to see some kind of jaded, repetitive, tired & insular individual! A reflected soul mate perchance?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:12   #3734
Beacon of light

I'm getting repetitive too......watch my lips......read, learn and inwardly digest.....They are all the same!
None of them listen to what the electorate has to say. They believe that we are all ill educated numpties.

There has been a huge groundswell of opinion against the membership of the EU.....we have been promised many times that we will be able to have a say in our destiny....but yet again our dreams of this are dashed by the infighting in the three main parties...there are other major issues too where the electorate has been largely ignored..
Politicians aren't in politics to make our lives better....they are in it to make their lives better...to make contacts, to dip their bread in the gravy train at our expense.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:16   #3735
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Remember the owd saying Margaret." Yeh can't put sense where there is none."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..