Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 22:40   #3766
I am Banned

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That i can agree wi Gordon, nowt is what it seems, The road tax we pay has NEVER all been re-invested in our roads, More cars than ever on our roads, more road tax revenue, WORSE roads than ever. Have heard the excuse trotted out "More traffic, more wear @ Tear" feeble but folk fall fer it.
In this country we used drive on the left of the road, now we drive on whats left of the road.
hopper likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2014, 22:50   #3767
Senior Member+

It`s a common misconception that that road tax (no such thing anymore) pays for the upkeep of roads, it doesn`t, the money from the vehicle exise duty/car tax goes to the treasury and the money can be used wherever is seen fit. Repairs to roads are paid for by all tax payers whether they are road users or not.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 23:17   #3768
God Member

ian duncan smith is a nut job he was found out last time and i cant get over they let him back in the cabinet lol. he is now a dangerous nut job putting peoples lives at risk. he evades the truth and then denies as was proved on the parliament channel . the news channels are now hedge fund channels and suppress the truth the bbc is run by the tory patten. we wont find out till its too late. on another subject,as i predicted its good bye to the tupe . its good bye to thousand jobs on the london tube .
Old 08-02-2014, 09:15   #3769
God Member

sorry to say this but i told you so Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - Channel 4 News
Old 08-02-2014, 09:20   #3770
Beacon of light

You told us so after it had been in all the papers. You make it sound like you are Septic Peg.......have a crystal ball and all the answers, when in truth you just parrot what you have read in some newspaper.
Do you think that we cannot read? Do you think that none of us have the power of critical reasoning?
It would not be so bad if you were evenly scathing in your contempt of political parties...but you just pap on about the same old same old.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 17:34   #3771
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You told us so after it had been in all the papers. You make it sound like you are Septic Peg.......have a crystal ball and all the answers, when in truth you just parrot what you have read in some newspaper.
Do you think that we cannot read? Do you think that none of us have the power of critical reasoning?
It would not be so bad if you were evenly scathing in your contempt of political parties...but you just pap on about the same old same old.
ha ha i told you before it was in any news paper,but if you think its ok for vulnerable people who will be forced to go for these , which could be dangerous for females etc. there are jobs on there that say you have to email they will email you back and you go into a link. these links could be anything. if you dont go for these jobs you are sanctioned for 4 weeks. then 3 months then 3 years they havent told you that in the papers does it?
Old 09-02-2014, 18:51   #3772
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - Channel 4 News[/url]
Quote:
if you dont go for these jobs you are sanctioned for 4 weeks. then 3 months then 3 years they havent told you that in the papers does it?
Have I got that right?
There are fake jobs on a Government website and if you don't apply for them you lose benefits?

Wow, these condems are playing dirty, cmon. I can understand your disapproval.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 09-02-2014 at 18:54.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 20:15   #3773
Beacon of light

Quote:
ha ha i told you before it was in any news paper,but if you think its ok for vulnerable people who will be forced to go for these , which could be dangerous for females etc. there are jobs on there that say you have to email they will email you back and you go into a link. these links could be anything. if you dont go for these jobs you are sanctioned for 4 weeks. then 3 months then 3 years they havent told you that in the papers does it?
No, you didn't...the day you told us, I had seen it in one of the online newspapers.Where have I said I think it is alright for people to go for these jobs?

The Department of Work and Pensions says it is going to be vetting the jobs to make sure they are genuine...and the company who were making money from advertising bogus jobs have been removed from the website.
They also state that if they find others doing the same thing that there may be criminal prosecutions.

That is the real story C'mon, but then you wouldn't really want to be telling us that would you...it would get in the way of your tory bashing aims.
Old 13-02-2014, 06:04   #3774
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, you didn't...the day you told us, I had seen it in one of the online newspapers.Where have I said I think it is alright for people to go for these jobs?

The Department of Work and Pensions says it is going to be vetting the jobs to make sure they are genuine...and the company who were making money from advertising bogus jobs have been removed from the website.
They also state that if they find others doing the same thing that there may be criminal prosecutions.

That is the real story C'mon, but then you wouldn't really want to be telling us that would you...it would get in the way of your tory bashing aims.
i first mentioned it a year and a half ago . dont believe the tory propoganda because iys blatant lies at least if labour told a wee lie they at least tried to cover it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1618592_434771813324034_650498878_n.jpg (56.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 13-02-2014, 07:21   #3775
Beacon of light

I'm sorry, I don't believe you were the first to break this story(I had read it online at least a couple of days before you brought it to our attention).......and if a politicians mouth is moving, it is because he is lying. They are all the same.......they all tell you want they think you want to hear. There is no such thing as democracy......it is like that advert for Yoghurt.......a MYTH!
Old 14-02-2014, 22:58   #3776
God Member

sorry but i did and got the usual dont be daft. same as this but the tories deny deny Jobcentre staff under attack - Portsmouth News
Old 14-02-2014, 23:10   #3777
Senior Member+

same old labour
Police investigate allegations of electoral fraud | Anglia - ITV News

do they ever change?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 08:26   #3778
God Member

i thought this thread was about the tories same old cameron tory government,they dont know what they are doing Coalition spends millions sacking and rehiring Government officials - Telegraph
Old 15-02-2014, 09:19   #3779
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
i thought this thread was about the tories same old cameron tory government,they dont know what they are doing Coalition spends millions sacking and rehiring Government officials - Telegraph
I can soon change it to be more of a general slagging of politics thread title if people prefer
Old 15-02-2014, 09:47   #3780
Beacon of light

Quote:
sorry but i did and got the usual dont be daft. same as this but the tories deny deny Jobcentre staff under attack - Portsmouth News
Well C'mon, I say that you didn't.(I can't prove it, but I do remember it) So we will have to agree to differ on something else as well now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..