Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2013, 16:46   #3571
Senior Member+

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Perhaps affection isn't quite the right term, say more, a wry inevitability!
He's the Alan Richman of Accyweb- the man you love to hate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hey! wasn't me.. it was that chap Churchill
Well, we can ignore him- he was a Tory!
Guinness likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2013, 17:37   #3572
God Member

Quote:
it certainly don't stop you from prodding it occasionally!
Know what you mean, bud. Even at 68, I'm not averse to an occasional bit of prodding myself. Wonder what 69 will bring

Last edited by Eric; 14-12-2013 at 17:40.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 17:50   #3573
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Wonder what 69 will bring
Er ..... A stiff neck & some organic dental floss?
jaysay likes this.
Old 14-12-2013, 18:52   #3574
God Member

Quote:
Er ..... A stiff neck

Don't tempt me ... a sawbuck to the first person who guesses where my thoughts were leading

But ... back on topic sort of ... all political ideologies need criticizing. Even more than is provided by Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition ... we have it too. Although, in politics, I do believe that all parties conspire, whether they realize it or not, to maintain the comfortable status quo, the fiction of democracy. The thing is, ordinary folks tend to get a more rigorous screwing from the tories than they do from the center or the center-left. That's as far as it seems to go these days. There is no Left left A true party of the left ... please don't mention the Soviets; they were as left as Al Tilly, the bum ... would make such radical changes that politicians' phoney baloney jobs and bottomless expense accounts would be on the line. The the whole bunch of them are rotten, but there are degrees of rottenness. And the tories are the worst of a real bad bunch.
Old 14-12-2013, 19:30   #3575
Beacon of light

Quote:
Know what you mean, bud. Even at 68, I'm not averse to an occasional bit of prodding myself. Wonder what 69 will bring
I hope it brings you a happy life, kind weather, good food, abotle of something you like and the soft furry critters to snuggle up to...they are far more reliable than humans.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 19:44   #3576
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I hope it brings you a happy life, kind weather, good food, abotle of something you like and the soft furry critters to snuggle up to...they are far more reliable than humans.

Are you suggesting he goes out looking for a beaver? They are supposed to be very comforting, but rumour has it they smell a little when wet.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 20:26   #3577
Beacon of light

No Less, I am not suggesting anything. It is all in your head
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 09:38   #3578
God Member

this is what you dont see on the main news. UK Deficit At £185 Billion, Not £90 Billion As George Osborne Says, Warn MPs
Old 18-12-2013, 20:26   #3579
God Member

Food banks debate video: Iain Duncan Smith walks out of commons as Tories laugh at stories of starving families - Mirror Online so sad people still support and believe the lies
Old 19-12-2013, 08:12   #3580
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

They don't believe em cmon, they know they are true, they just dont care.
Old 19-12-2013, 10:04   #3581

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Well they've announced a cut to the county council budget yet again for the third year running, we are so used to it that it barely warrants a story in the local press let alone the nationals. They've refused an increase in poll tax again so that they can print it on election leaflets, ignoring of course that this means that the council cannot get any revenue from the local populace to help pay to maintain local services at the current level..

Expect the elderly and disabled who need support roaming the street in delerium or worse still dying alone without heat or food, expect all social and health services and councillors getting the blame when something goes seriously wrong..because according to central government, there are 'no cuts to frontline services'.

Its true, there aren't....BUT..when you strip away the support services by forcing the council to reduce funding, the frontline has to pick up the slack, and when the frontline doesn't have the tools or resources, it implodes!

Is there really anyone out there who still believes that the tories are even maintaining a pretence of looking out for the welfare of its people?

I didn't vote for cuts like this, nor did Cameron and Co. say they were going to do this when they were electioneering. There is no such thing as democracy in this country...although we do have a few feudal lords who pop into the house of lords for 20 minutes or so to pick up their £300 daily expenses.

What we have is more like the 2000 year old Roman forums, a few wealthy senators deciding on the best way to profit or progress their careers whilst pleasing the populace using their version of 'Strictly Xfactor in the Jungle'...and we all know what happened to that particular empire!

Where the hell are the Vandals and Visigoths when you need them?
Old 19-12-2013, 10:37   #3582
Senior Member+

cmon the Visigoth- conjures up a good mental picture.

Or how about Balls the Vandal?

Send for one or both of them.I'm sure they have the solution.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, Guinness. It's hard to see where this will all end up and as none of them are better than the others we don't have much democratic choice.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 19-12-2013 at 10:43.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 19:44   #3583
God Member

Quote:
Well they've announced a cut to the county council budget yet again for the third year running, we are so used to it that it barely warrants a story in the local press let alone the nationals. They've refused an increase in poll tax again so that they can print it on election leaflets, ignoring of course that this means that the council cannot get any revenue from the local populace to help pay to maintain local services at the current level..

Expect the elderly and disabled who need support roaming the street in delerium or worse still dying alone without heat or food, expect all social and health services and councillors getting the blame when something goes seriously wrong..because according to central government, there are 'no cuts to frontline services'.

Its true, there aren't....BUT..when you strip away the support services by forcing the council to reduce funding, the frontline has to pick up the slack, and when the frontline doesn't have the tools or resources, it implodes!

Is there really anyone out there who still believes that the tories are even maintaining a pretence of looking out for the welfare of its people?

I didn't vote for cuts like this, nor did Cameron and Co. say they were going to do this when they were electioneering. There is no such thing as democracy in this country...although we do have a few feudal lords who pop into the house of lords for 20 minutes or so to pick up their £300 daily expenses.

What we have is more like the 2000 year old Roman forums, a few wealthy senators deciding on the best way to profit or progress their careers whilst pleasing the populace using their version of 'Strictly Xfactor in the Jungle'...and we all know what happened to that particular empire!

they are in the queue for the food bank i am still waiting for the explanation of the 30% rise in deaths of pensioners and unemployed. the rise of the zero hour contract which is sending so called employed people to the food banks. the 30% rise in muggings and robberies we havent even seen most of the consequences of these cuts as its not in the hedge fund newscasters remit. we are now creating a very angry underclass.
Eric likes this.
Old 19-12-2013, 21:19   #3584
God Member

Quote:

Can't rely on anyone these days, can you?

C.P. Cavafy - Poems - The Canon
Less and Guinness like this.
Old 20-12-2013, 07:43   #3585

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Wow.....just wow!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..