Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54   #496

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I think your talking rot! I can't even be bothered answering you! You can't have a decent debate just attack me personally which is fact, like Garinda. I know a lot more about it Anne Singleton as I've seen it ,I survived it! The issue is there are a lot of stupid families out there. Again it's the same argument - do we ban cars because 1% of drivers knock children over and kill them!

Maybe you ought to look at television and it's negative impact on the minds of kids i.e. TV programs such as "Shameless" which for the last 10 years have been glamorising criminality and drug dealing and so on also all these music video's with the likes of Gangster Rap and other "cool" acts glamorising criminal behaviour which a lot of these youth gangs listen to!
I've said my piece on this subject and I actually do know what I'm talking about. Some of the things you say on this post I can agree with. I don't think Shameless is glamorous though, although I rarely watch it I find it too depressing.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2012, 12:00   #497
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I don't think Shameless is glamorous though.
Agreed.

Anyone who thinks this is the glamorous face of recreational drug taking, is probably already off their head, and in need of a reality check.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:01   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Professor Davie Nutt - The former government adviser on drugs explains why his latest research named alcohol as the most dangerous drug

David Nutt: 'The government cannot think logically about drugs' | UK news | The Guardian

Which leads to the questions:

1) Should we legalise currently illegal drugs?

2) Is alcohol and tobacco more damaging than LSD and Extacy etc?4

Kestrel X
Heroin - Deffo not imo , i have seen the destruction it causes

Cocaine - same as above

Extacy - not sure about this one really , i have read many reports over the years good & bad

LSD - Mushrooms - No

Green, Weed .. whatever you wanna call it - Absolutely legalise it , it does more good than harm & there is plenty of info to back up this claim

Beer - causes more problems than any of the above

Cigs - More harmful than Green
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:12   #499
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Heroin - Deffo not imo , i have seen the destruction it causes
Did the people you saw, and their families, who'd had their lives destroyed by heroin, start their addiction with that drug?

Or did they start off on the slippery slope taking a 'softer' drug, cannabis say?

Old 05-02-2012, 12:21   #500
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Did the people you saw, and their families, who'd had their lives destroyed by heroin, start their addiction with that drug?

Or did they start off on the slippery slope taking a 'softer' drug, cannabis say?
In my experience, not all cannabis users move onto harder drugs.

However, all heroin users start off on 'softer' drugs.

The fact is people take recreational drugs to experience an artifical high.

For many users that high is soon never enough, because their bodies get used to the narcotic.

Which results in them increasing their usage...or moving on to harder drugs, which initially again produces a feeling of euphoria.

Well, until their body gets used to that.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:21   #501

Quote:

Some of the people i know who got hooked on heroin had never touched cannabis
Old 05-02-2012, 12:25   #502
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Some of the people i know who got hooked on heroin had never touched cannabis
They went straight to taking heroin, and no 'softer' drugs before that?

In all the work I've done with those effected by drugs, I've never found that to be the case.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:28   #503

Quote:
They went straight to taking heroin, and no 'softer' drugs before that?

In all the work I've done with those effected by drugs, I've never found that to be the case.
I am only going off what I have seen & experienced

Last edited by Mick; 06-02-2012 at 05:48.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36   #504
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I am only going off what I have seen & experienced
Same here, and in my experience dealing with hundred of young people addicted to heroin, I never came across one user whose very first drug was heroin.

They all started off taking 'softer' drugs.

Anyone who thinks recreational drugs are totally harmless, or even glamorous, should perhaps go and work with young people who once thought the same thing.

But who now degrade themselves, and put themselves in grave danger, no longer to experience euphoria, but to have enough energy to drag themselves out of their beds and onto the streets, in order to sell their bodies, so that they can afford their next fix.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:53   #505

Quote:
Same here, and in my experience dealing with hundred of young people addicted to heroin, I never came across one user whose very first drug was heroin.

They all started off taking 'softer' drugs.

Anyone who thinks recreational drugs are totally harmless, or even glamorous, should perhaps go and work with young people who once thought the same thing.

But who now degrade themselves, and put themselves in grave danger, no longer to experience euphoria, but to have enough energy to drag themselves out of their beds and onto the streets, in order to sell their bodies, so that they can afford their next fix.
Thing is I know lots of people over the years that have smoked cannabis , taken extacy , speed & LSD , yet none of then have entertained hard drugs like heroin or coke , even crack .. I believe its down to individuals being weak minded & just following the crowd they get involved with
Old 05-02-2012, 17:08   #506
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thing is I know lots of people over the years that have smoked cannabis , taken extacy , speed & LSD , yet none of then have entertained hard drugs like heroin or coke , even crack .. I believe its down to individuals being weak minded & just following the crowd they get involved with
Well yes, the majority of users usually start experimenting in their young teens, so they will be 'weak minded, and willing to follow the crowd'.

It's a fact that some of them will continue to experiment with other drugs.

As stated earlier, when you're fourteen, most youngssters can't imagine they'll ever be as old as thirty.

They're even less capable of understanding that some of them will go on to become addicted to these and other narcotics, that will ruin their lives.

I must admit I'm shocked you consider taking hallucinagenic LSD, amphetamines, and MDMA, in the same group a cannabis, which is generally considered a 'soft' drug.

Old 05-02-2012, 18:04   #507

Quote:
Well yes, the majority of users usually start experimenting in their young teens, so they will be 'weak minded, and willing to follow the crowd'.

It's a fact that some of them will continue to experiment with other drugs.

As stated earlier, when you're fourteen, most youngssters can't imagine they'll ever be as old as thirty.

They're even less capable of understanding that some of them will go on to become addicted to these and other narcotics, that will ruin their lives.

I must admit I'm shocked you consider taking hallucinagenic LSD, amphetamines, and MDMA, in the same group a cannabis, which is generally considered a 'soft' drug.
Imo Garinda , If they know the dangers of taking a highly addictive drug that destroys everything around them including themselves , that is stupidity , selfish & yea imo weak minded.

I class speed , LSD , extacy & cannabis as recreational drugs & not hard drugs .. that's just my opinion
Old 05-02-2012, 18:25   #508
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Imo Garinda , If they know the dangers of taking a highly addictive drug that destroys everything around them including themselves , that is stupidity , selfish & yea imo weak minded.

I class speed , LSD , extacy & cannabis as recreational drugs & not hard drugs .. that's just my opinion
At fourteen, or younger, the greater majority of young people don't know their arse from their elbow.

They know about safe sex, but some will choose to ignore advice, in the foolish belief that they'll never catch anything, or end up pregnant.

But some will.

If you think that taking the hallucinogencic LSD a worthwile way to spend your recreation time, do remember to open the window, before you jump out of it, and try to fly.

Glass cuts can be such a nuisance to heal.

Last edited by garinda; 05-02-2012 at 18:32.
Old 05-02-2012, 18:30   #509
Give, give, give member

Quote:
that's just my opinion
Which comes across as rather sad.

Who knows? Perhaps that why some people feel the need to use an artifical stimulant, to help them cope with some inner sadness.

Old 05-02-2012, 18:38   #510

Quote:
At fourteen, or younger, the greater majority of young people don't know their arse from their elbow.

They know about safe sex, but some will choose to ignore advice, in the foolish belief that they'll never catch anything, or end up pregnant.

But some will.

If you think that taking the hallucinogencic LSD a worthwile way to spend your recreation time, do remember to open the window, before you jump out of it, and try to fly.

Glass cuts can be such a nuisance to heal.
I have never heard of any one jumping from a window after taking LSD .. so dunno where you get that from

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..