Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 16:05   #226
Resting in Peace

Re: TESCO - new site in Accrington.

Well I called in again today in order to buy a present that I had spotted on Monday when I did the main shop.
Got off to a bad start and things only got worse.

On entering the store a young lady asked If I wanted a £5 off voucher for the clothing Dept.I looked her up and down and then replied "What are you trying to say"
There was no answer just a blank expression so I proceeded to the shelf were I had seen the item earlier, The price had increased by £10.

I left and went down the Asda and bought the same gift using the Tesco voucher for £30 less.

So Tesco lost out in three ways - No sale - Unhappy customer and they paid for the printing and postage of the vouchers.

Ah well not to worry.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2010, 18:15   #227
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Well I called in again today in order to buy a present that I had spotted on Monday when I did the main shop.
Got off to a bad start and things only got worse.

On entering the store a young lady asked If I wanted a £5 off voucher for the clothing Dept.I looked her up and down and then replied "What are you trying to say"
There was no answer just a blank expression so I proceeded to the shelf were I had seen the item earlier, The price had increased by £10.

I left and went down the Asda and bought the same gift using the Tesco voucher for £30 less.

So Tesco lost out in three ways - No sale - Unhappy customer and they paid for the printing and postage of the vouchers.

Ah well not to worry.
Lifes a bitch ain't it Beni
Old 09-12-2010, 19:27   #228

We called in today for the first time and it was OK until we decided to have a brew on the way out, the "Restaurant" was something like an episode of Fawlty Towers and by the way the trolley brakes don't work on the moving walkway which is handy
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13   #229
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Lifes a bitch ain't it Beni
Didn't bother me I saved £30, I was just trying to point out that some company bosses aren't as clever as they would have us believe.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:22   #230
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Didn't bother me I saved £30, I was just trying to point out that some company bosses aren't as clever as they would have us believe.
Seems like that applies to Tesco, from all accounts their points system seems to have gone tits up
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30   #231

Angry Tesco customers have swamped the store’s website and call centres with complaints over the way a Christmas loyalty card promotion was handled.

The Big Christmas Exchange deal offered to double the value of points and vouchers held on the Clubcards used by millions of customers.

Customers had until Sunday to claim the double-value vouchers offering big savings on products such as toys, clothes, champagne and the new Samsung Galaxy tablet computer.

Read more: Tesco Clubcard double-your-points Christmas promotion turns 'into chaos' | Mail Online
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51   #232
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Angry Tesco customers have swamped the store’s website and call centres with complaints over the way a Christmas loyalty card promotion was handled.

The Big Christmas Exchange deal offered to double the value of points and vouchers held on the Clubcards used by millions of customers.

Customers had until Sunday to claim the double-value vouchers offering big savings on products such as toys, clothes, champagne and the new Samsung Galaxy tablet computer.

Read more: Tesco Clubcard double-your-points Christmas promotion turns 'into chaos' | Mail Online
Think its saying Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year from ASDA
Old 10-12-2010, 22:53   #233
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

People are just bitching as usual cos many of these clowns left it till the last min, instead of using common sense THICKOS.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19   #234
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
People are just bitching as usual cos many of these clowns left it till the last min, instead of using common sense THICKOS.
See you sorted yours out in time cashy
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27   #235
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
See you sorted yours out in time cashy
yep i wonder why.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:40   #236
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep i wonder why.
Because your looking smug
Old 27-12-2010, 13:50   #237

Not been in many times as yet, but on the times i have i must say there seems to be a hell of a lot of staff doing nowt. My moneys says there will be some thinning out before long and sod what they promised the council, as they have already gone back on that deal.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 14:07   #238
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Not been in many times as yet, but on the times i have i must say there seems to be a hell of a lot of staff doing nowt. My moneys says there will be some thinning out before long and sod what they promised the council, as they have already gone back on that deal.
My neighbour got a job in the Cafe there, which is a concession & not run by Tesco, and she was laid off just before Christmas because its not as busy as they were hoping!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 19:09   #239
JCB

I'll keep with Asda .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 15:32   #240
God Member

Tesco has just been evacuated.........anyone know why.................?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..