Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 06:52   #256
Senior Member+

Re: TESCO - new site in Accrington.

My Mum got over charged, the same as you the till didnt register the special offers, my Dad went back and told customer services and they gave him back the differnce but then doubled it as it was there mistake!
My Mum and Dad are still shopping at ASDA though, this was a one off as me Dad wanted to have a nosey!!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2011, 06:58   #257
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
I like the new store - I prefer the burnley one mind, but i think its better than the asda lol.

Although for my first shop I was charged incorrectly by about 4 quid. A few of the offers hadnt processed on the till. But I couldnt be bovd to go back all new stores will have teething problems.

All in all Im happy tesco has come to accrington exept from the traffic issues it has caused lol xx
If your on such a tight budget you say your on in another thread you should have got your 」4 back
after all 」4 is more than 2 pints of fosters in the Railway
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:15   #258
Senior Member+

I think its well worth double checking your receipts more than ever these days, there are so many offers on, with quite often new & old prices left on display together, if someone repricing items on shelves is disturbed by a customer asking for help on an unrelated issue, it would be easy to make a mistake on whats been repriced & what hasn't. There were two people who had been overcharged whilst i was there last week, one woman where a 」24.99 bottle of Champers hadn't been discounted on her receipt to 」19.99 as it said on the shelves!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 18:09   #259
Senior Member+

I'm currently fighting a battle with Asda about some online shopping delivered on 27/12, I am not giving up and will not be shopping with them till it's resolved, it's a long story so I'll just say it should have turned up between 5pm -7pm, turned up at 9:30 pm and had shortdated items in with that day's date on, plus leaking bleach....... they now owe me a refund of nearly 」20 which they say has been credited to my debit card NOT !!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52   #260
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I'm currently fighting a battle with Asda about some online shopping delivered on 27/12, I am not giving up and will not be shopping with them till it's resolved, it's a long story so I'll just say it should have turned up between 5pm -7pm, turned up at 9:30 pm and had shortdated items in with that day's date on, plus leaking bleach....... they now owe me a refund of nearly 」20 which they say has been credited to my debit card NOT !!
That's naughty linds send stuff out with same day dates on, probably one of the drawbacks of shopping on line though, but it doesn't make it right and if repeated will only lose them customers in the long run
Old 11-01-2011, 19:23   #261

Went in Tesco's again today and must say marvelous. Hardly a soul about, nice and peaceful no dodging trolleys or unrully brats. It's almost one to one customer and staff wise.
Think something will have to give soon can't be very cost effective at the moment, i can see some thinning down of staff before much longer.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 20:18   #262
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Went in Tesco's again today and must say marvelous. Hardly a soul about, nice and peaceful no dodging trolleys or unrully brats. It's almost one to one customer and staff wise.
Think something will have to give soon can't be very cost effective at the moment, i can see some thinning down of staff before much longer.
It could always be turned into the new bus station their always on about, and car park will come in handy for both bus and rail.
I think Tesco backed their lorry intut wrong car park when they came to Accy.
450 jobs, I don't think they've had 450 customers, I've heard a few complaints about price differences between display and till, people being overcharged, a lot of their prices are a lot higher tha Asda or Aldi, they lost my custom after 1 visit.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:03   #263
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's naughty linds send stuff out with same day dates on, probably one of the drawbacks of shopping on line though, but it doesn't make it right and if repeated will only lose them customers in the long run
I've noticed more & more Supermarkets are keeping some same day stuff on their shelves...at normal prices...lately Jaysay, they always used to reduce the price, even M&S are guilty of this!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 16:03   #264
God Member

Anyway, now that Tesco's is open, it looks like we're going get a Morrisons (the old Netto).

Just a shame we can't have a decent supermarket.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 13-01-2011 at 16:06.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 18:00   #265
JCB

I find Asda a decent supermarket .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 18:23   #266
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I find Asda a decent supermarket .
Get my shopping from there every week too JCB okay not myself but everythings is fresh and the price is right
Old 13-01-2011, 19:20   #267
Senior Member+

I am still with ASDA, saying that though I went netto and home&bargain today just for bits of things.
Netto's bacon is the best one and cheap for a large pack.
Old 13-01-2011, 19:34   #268
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Anyway, now that Tesco's is open, it looks like we're going get a Morrisons (the old Netto).

Just a shame we can't have a decent supermarket.

Here's the story...........

Five East Lancashire Netto supermarkets to be taken over by rivals (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 31-01-2011, 18:21   #269
Senior Member+

Just wondered if anyone else recieved the vouchers for TESCO again in the post today?

Same as last time spend 」30 and get a tenner off for the next 4wks, looks like TESCO are a bit desperate for customers!!!

I will be spending mine at ASDA again!!!
Old 31-01-2011, 18:26   #270

Have received the vouchers too, but the vouchers i have are for £6 off when spending £30. Same as you, if Asda are taking them, i'll be spending them there.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..