Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2009, 17:39   #181

Re: Britain's Got Talent

My money is on the saxophonist,although i do think two grand might be in with a chance on the sympathy vote
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2009, 19:33   #182
Give, give, give member

I wasn't going to bother, but I've just voted for Diversity.

Utterly mesmerising.

For me the second most talented act was Shaheen, although I preferred his semi-final song choice.

Third was Julian.

I'd be happy for any of them to win, with the exception of Susan. Away from all the hype she's an averagely good singer, though the song that made her famous works for her.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 19:48   #183

Vote for Susan...she deserves it...and has a brilliant voice
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 20:04   #184
God Member

in today's Times
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multime...es_565200a.jpg

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 20:19   #185
Give, give, give member

The whole Hollie thing yesterday was odd.

She was obviously upset, but after her second attempt, all the accolades about it being the bravest thing the judges had ever seen, was way over the top.

Perhap if Simon, Amanda, and Piers might have their eyes opened to true bravery, if they took time out to visit a children's hospice.

Last edited by garinda; 30-05-2009 at 20:21.
Old 30-05-2009, 20:23   #186
God Member

Just what I thought G they really do overplay this going on stage lark
Old 30-05-2009, 20:24   #187

Well Hollie did falter a little tonight having said that im more sure now last nights outburst was a voting set up
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 20:58   #188
Passed away 25-11-09

Oh Hallelujah! Susan Boyle did not win! Thank you gods.

Diversity are superb, very slick and I love the little ones, but the real stars didn't win. Who could beat Stavros Flatley for sheer fun? They are brilliant.
Old 30-05-2009, 21:10   #189
God Member

I feared Subo might win because of the patriotism of the scots, the best act won on the night, no question, dont forget though, all the finalists now go on tour and will make some good money for it. I agree with Garinda about the childrens hospice, I visited a childrens hospital in Manchester, it is very heartwrenching what some of those kids go through, us mere adults would rather just die than put up with what some of those kids do, and they smile through it all.
Old 30-05-2009, 21:11   #190
Senior Member+

I didn't really have a favourite this year and thought that Diversity were worthy winners. I presume that at least half of the finalists will already have contracts so good luck to them all.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 21:22   #191
Passed away 25-11-09

George Sampson, who won last year, was performing at Butlins Bognor Regis last week. Farryl Smith, a runner up, has a best-selling album out. Says it all, doesn't it?
Old 30-05-2009, 21:25   #192
Beacon of light

I really liked the Saxophonist, and I am sure that the exposure will have done none of the acts any harm, regardless of whether they won or not.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 21:51   #193
Resting in Peace

Me too Margaret, wanted him to win ... could see the Queen really appreciating his playing. Sure he will glean a better career out of this anyway.

Diversity ? Well, they were OK I suppose ... comment was 'perfectly in step', but to be honest just found them a hotch potch of reforming lines and chucking a couple of kids around. I preferred Flawless. Better dance groups around backing singers, least they are trained.

Still, we all have different ideas about being entertained don't we.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 22:25   #194
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Still, we all have different ideas about being entertained don't we.
Exactly, Katex

Dance troups aren't really my thing. I would have liked Susan or Stavros Flatley to win. I like Susan's singing and Stavros Flatley are a comedy act.

I thought Hollie did well tonight, she was like a different person to yesterday, much more confident in herself. I read in the paper today that Simon Cowell had one set of adverts axed in order to make time for her to sing twice yesterday.....bet that didn't come cheap.
Old 30-05-2009, 23:07   #195
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I really liked the Saxophonist, and I am sure that the exposure will have done none of the acts any harm, regardless of whether they won or not.
I liked him as well, but having a shufty through the headlines just now, came across this.

Saxophonist had made three records for Cowell

Saxophonist Julian Smith has recorded tracks on three albums for Simon Cowell’s record company - despite being billed as a struggling teacher.
Viewers were told Britain’s Got Talent was the musician’s ‘last chance’ to make it big.
He was said to have performed at a few pubs and restaurants around his home town of Birmingham, and was making ends meet by teaching music.
But Julian is already a recording artist - under his stage name Joolz Gianni.

His tracks appeared on the Classic Chillout album compilation series - alongside recording artists such as Moby and Dido.
The albums were released by Sony Music TV, part of the Sony BMG record company which runs Cowell’s label Syco TV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rformance.html

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..