Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2009, 09:22   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Whether Madonna looks her age is really irrelevant. The fact is Miss Boyle doesn't dress or act like most women in the country, who happen to be in their late mid forties.

I like eccentrics, but just hope they don't give her a make over, and style her as the new Jayne Macdonald.

I stand by my claim that after the shock of this kooky woman not wailing like a cat, her voice is good, but not brilliant.

Try listening to her sing without any visual input.

A good voice, but certainly no better than many others.
I think you've got to take her performance last week into context Rindi, she walked on the stage, with just a Mike in her hand, no sound effects just her voice, and especially the way she looked, I like everybody else, including Cowell and co, thought shed be a joke, well the joke was on all of use and I think she'll go a long way.
Old 18-04-2009, 15:32   #62

Listen to her singing "cry me a river" it is just as good if not better.

Exclusive: Susan Boyle's first ever song release revealed - listen to it here - The Daily Record

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 16:04   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Listen to her singing "cry me a river" it is just as good if not better.

Exclusive: Susan Boyle's first ever song release revealed - listen to it here - The Daily Record
That was amazing.

Thanks for the link.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 16:22   #64
God Member

..a different style too...
this reminds me of that film 'Little Voice'
maybe she is an excellent voice mimic too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 19:55   #65
God Member

I have reservations about this show now, a young lad was doing 'valerie', simon cowell stopped him in a very abrupt way, seemingly rude, asked the lad to sing something else, and he sang a michael jackson track, unless it was edited in between, how would they ever have the music ready for a second song so quickly?
Old 18-04-2009, 20:07   #66
Caz
God Member

Sniffs a bit of prior knowledge doesn't it? The second track just happened to be amazing.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 20:57   #67
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I have reservations about this show now, a young lad was doing 'valerie', simon cowell stopped him in a very abrupt way, seemingly rude, asked the lad to sing something else, and he sang a michael jackson track, unless it was edited in between, how would they ever have the music ready for a second song so quickly?

You're right, Derek, it had to be a set-up. Cowell obviously knew the lad could sing the Jackson song and they did the other one for a bit of "theatre". It's not the first time on that show. I believe they decide quite early on who will win and I'd never advise anyone to waste their money voting.

Having said all that, the little lad was very good. I just hope his voice doesn't break like I believe the boy's from last week has.
Old 18-04-2009, 21:24   #68
God Member

He was good, but even cowell wouldnt be that mean, not without redeeming himself, and if it wasnt staged, then he couldnt have redeemed himself, it is contemptable, and deceitful, I wondered why cowell was so rich! He is a conman!
Old 18-04-2009, 23:13   #69
God Member

Dont they ask them to have at least two songs ready? when we went to BGT in Blackpool last year a similar thing happend with a couple of lads, They were rubbish at the first song so Simon asked them if they had a second song lined up (which they did) and they were brilliant at it which took them through,
In and inteview at a later stage I vaguely remember them saying that they are expected to have two songs lined up .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 23:40   #70
Give, give, give member

I'm sure people are pre-auditioned before they go before the judges.

They wouldn't have the time to listen to every care in the community case that turns up.

The whole thing is so heavily edited, so that it appears to be like the modern day equivalent of watching gladiators fight in the Coliseum, with the audience giving the final thumbs up or down.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 08:32   #71
God Member

Quote:

They wouldn't have the time to listen to every care in the community case that turns up.

The whole thing is so heavily edited, so that it appears to be like the modern day equivalent of watching gladiators fight in the Coliseum, with the audience giving the final thumbs up or down.
I must say I'm normally not for watching 'reality tv', but shows like these, even if they are heavily edited, do seem to attract me. Perhaps it's because they do actually have some talent in..
Old 19-04-2009, 09:46   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Think I've got to agree about pre-auditioning, especially when you see the number of people waiting in the outside auditorium, but if that's the case how the hell did those three lasses get on the stage, especially the one with attitude who had a real go at Cowel
Old 19-04-2009, 10:28   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
how the hell did those three lasses get on the stage, especially the one with attitude who had a real go at Cowel
All in the name of entertainment Jaysay ... they were probably encouraged by the producers.

I like the guy who played the saxophone ... could be a good contender to Susan Boyle ... and would be lovely to see a musician win instead of a singer.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 10:57   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
All in the name of entertainment Jaysay ... they were probably encouraged by the producers.

I like the guy who played the saxophone ... could be a good contender to Susan Boyle ... and would be lovely to see a musician win instead of a singer.
He was brilliant wasn't he kate, I like a good musician of any type, but this chap was special
Old 19-04-2009, 19:01   #75
Passed away 25-11-09

They do at least one audition before they get in front of the judging panel. Only a very small percentage go through and about a quarter of those that do get televised. A little girl who is a friend of my granddaughter auditioned with her sister - about last November - and it was just TV people. They were told they would hear if they were through to the judging in February, ready for the current series. Anyway, they did get a letter but it was a "No".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..