Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 16:48   #46
God Member

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You'd have played hell if I'd have called you anything else

That is so not true............

I quite like the name Michelle
Old 15-04-2009, 08:43   #47

Quote:
Well it back tonight and judging from the press coverage should be a laugh a minute in the early stages, there seems to be some "real mingers" in this years little lot

hahaha!
Well if I was to use that programme as a benchmark for any latent talent Britain has, it would soon become clear that Britain doesn't have talent, jusy a load of attention hungry freaks
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 08:56   #48
Senior Member+

an accywebbers grandaughter has gone on this year.. dunno how she did tho.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 11:20   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
That is so not true............

I quite like the name Michelle
I bet your other half goes to a fancy dress as a turtle with you on his back
Old 15-04-2009, 11:21   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
an accywebbers grandaughter has gone on this year.. dunno how she did tho.
Come on ema spill the beans who is it
Old 16-04-2009, 21:17   #51
Senior Member+

Could it be this lady ???

Britain's Got Talent - Video

There is an advert in the begining .

Last edited by david1; 16-04-2009 at 21:26.
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 21:43   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Could it be this lady ???

Britain's Got Talent - Video

There is an advert in the begining .
I wouldn't have thought so.....Susan Boyle is 47.

If she is an accywebber's grand-daughter......do we have any members in their 80s?
Old 17-04-2009, 10:07   #53
Resting in Peace

There was an Item on ITV news last night about her, it seems that a video on U Tube has had 20 million hits in five days, that's some going to say the least. It appears that Demi Moore put a link from her Web Site to the U Tube and everything went crazy
Old 17-04-2009, 20:22   #54
God Member

Quote:
There was an Item on ITV news last night about her, it seems that a video on U Tube has had 20 million hits in five days, that's some going to say the least. It appears that Demi Moore put a link from her Web Site to the U Tube and everything went crazy
You are right John.
This is the full version.
This Lass can sing.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 20:33   #55
Give, give, give member

Last week's how was the first I've ever watched.

The woman has a good voice, but she isn't the next Callas or Ferrier, in my opinion.

I think her very adequate voice was more of a shock because everyone expected her to sound like a cat being strangled.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 20:38   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Last week's how was the first I've ever watched.

The woman has a good voice, but she isn't the next Callas or Ferrier, in my opinion.

I think her very adequate voice was more of a shock because everyone expected her to sound like a cat being strangled.
That being said.................I'll bet she makes more money in the next 12 months than all of us put together....good on her.

Old 17-04-2009, 21:00   #57
Give, give, give member

Apparently the woman has gone into hiding, after facing the barrage of publicity the Cowell machine has generated.

I hope any success that the programme brings this very nice woman, brings her some joy.

Money doesn't always equate with happiness.

Let's not forget the biggest winner of all, as with all his similar programmes, will be Simon Cowell.

Don't get me wrong, I was as wowed as the next person when she appeared on the show. It wasn't until I heard her again on the radio this week, that I thought her voice wasn't that special.

The most unique thing about her was she looked like she could have been Madonna's mother, when she is in fact three years younger than the Material Girl herself.

Old 17-04-2009, 21:11   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The most unique thing about her was she looked like she could have been Madonna's mother, when she is in fact three years younger than the Material Girl herself.
Disagree .. Madonna still looks 50, just looks 'better' for her age because of the trimmings ... not quite the same thing.

Don't think Susan Boyle is interested in the money really, just wants to sing for her supper. Think she will emerge soon and adjust to the limelight.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 21:16   #59
God Member

Quote:
Apparently the woman has gone into hiding, after facing the barrage of publicity the Cowell machine has generated.

I hope any success that the programme brings this very nice woman, brings her some joy.

Money doesn't always equate with happiness.

Let's not forget the biggest winner of all, as with all his similar programmes, will be Simon Cowell.

Don't get me wrong, I was as wowed as the next person when she appeared on the show. It wasn't until I heard her again on the radio this week, that I thought her voice wasn't that special.

I bet her family would appreciate that post has would yours if you were called the fallen Adonis.

Old 17-04-2009, 23:24   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Disagree .. Madonna still looks 50, just looks 'better' for her age because of the trimmings ... not quite the same thing.

Don't think Susan Boyle is interested in the money really, just wants to sing for her supper. Think she will emerge soon and adjust to the limelight.
Whether Madonna looks her age is really irrelevant. The fact is Miss Boyle doesn't dress or act like most women in the country, who happen to be in their late mid forties.

I like eccentrics, but just hope they don't give her a make over, and style her as the new Jayne Macdonald.

I stand by my claim that after the shock of this kooky woman not wailing like a cat, her voice is good, but not brilliant.

Try listening to her sing without any visual input.

A good voice, but certainly no better than many others.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..