Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2009, 21:52   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
There is a 10 year old from Accy, Hollie Steel, on tomorrow's show who according to Times online is hotly tipped to give Susan Boyle a run for her money, time for a bit of town support if the little lass gets thru I think.
Good for her, but will only give support if I think she is worth it.
Is she a singer Lindsay ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2009, 22:06   #92
Senior Member+

Starts off dancing much to Cowell's chagrin, and then sings " I could have danced all night" from My Fair Lady apparently. Makes a nice change from underperforming pets I suppose! Both her parents work for the NHS and she lives and is educated in Acc.
Will just have to wait and see.
Old 24-04-2009, 22:10   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Starts off dancing much to Cowell's chagrin, and then sings " I could have danced all night" from My Fair Lady apparently. Makes a nice change from underperforming pets I suppose! Both her parents work for the NHS and she lives and is educated in Acc.
Will just have to wait and see.
Yes, of course, reserve judgement ... that song is not easy, has a very wide range.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 16:32   #94
Passed away 25-11-09

There's a piece about her in today's Express. It says she comes from Manchester!
Old 25-04-2009, 16:34   #95
God Member

ah they where talking about her on the radio last night
Old 25-04-2009, 16:49   #96
God Member

There is a write up about her in the LET
Old 25-04-2009, 19:26   #97

Little Holly has just been on BGT she was amazing,very much a talented little girl hope she goes far
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:08   #98
Passed away 25-11-09

Yes she was very good, a rare talent and a very mature voice for her age. I think she was struggling a bit trying not to sing in a Lancashire accent but, hey, Gracie Fields did and she was world famous. I'd love to hear Hollie sing something a bit more suited to her age but I'm sure she will in the next heat.
Old 25-04-2009, 21:11   #99
Senior Member+

For those who missed this Accy born lass ;-

Auditions 3: Hollie Steel - Britain's Got Talent - Video

There is an advert at the start .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:20   #100
God Member

Old 25-04-2009, 23:55   #101
Senior Member+

We turned the disco off at the club tonight to watch her, let's hope she goes far! It was worth it for Cowell's reaction, but I am very sceptical now, Hollie may well turn out to be related or something.
Old 26-04-2009, 00:12   #102
God Member

Hollie goes to the same dance school as my grandaughter, in fact saw her the other week in the schools annual show at the Civic Theatre in Oswaldtwisle. She did a few solos there but you didn't get the full effect of her voice, she is very good and do hope she goes far
Old 26-04-2009, 09:34   #103
Resting in Peace

I like the look on Cowell's face again, when she was just dancing he was about to hit the button, soon changed is mind when she started to sing. There's a write up in the papers this morning which says she is being bullied at school, apparently when she came of stage after her performance she said to her mother, see I'm not ugly like those girls at school say. What is it that makes kids be so nasty because some other kid has a talent they can only dream of, the green eyed yellow monster, envy is a terrible thing
Old 26-04-2009, 12:37   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I like the look on Cowell's face again, when she was just dancing he was about to hit the button, soon changed is mind when she started to sing. There's a write up in the papers this morning which says she is being bullied at school, apparently when she came of stage after her performance she said to her mother, see I'm not ugly like those girls at school say. What is it that makes kids be so nasty because some other kid has a talent they can only dream of, the green eyed yellow monster, envy is a terrible thing
What is it that makes people think you can even half believe what you read in a quality newspaper nevermind the fiction in tabloids...
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 15:26   #105
God Member

Get Britcliffe to sign her up to turn on accy`s Xmas lights before she signs a contract with Cowell like Diana Vickers did.............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..