Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Weatherspoons Pub coming to Accy??? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weatherspoons-pub-coming-to-accy-56560.html)

Tealeaf 22-04-2011 11:39

Re: Weatherspoons Pub coming to Accy???

I notice that this shower wetherspoons are not only demolishing some building out the back of the Commercial, they have also applied for a 9am opening license and a 3am closing license (thursday-sunday). No doubt that will mean more cops on town centre duty and more crime elsewhere.

Lets hope it's refused.

Barrie Yates 22-04-2011 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 900087)
I notice that this shower wetherspoons are not only demolishing some building out the back of the Commercial, they have also applied for a 9am opening license and a 3am closing license (thursday-sunday). No doubt that will mean more cops on town centre duty and more crime elsewhere.

Lets hope it's refused.

Don't see what the problem is with 0900 hrs opening, some people enjoy a cooked breakfast and a coffee. The alkys can obtain their drinks from many places at that time of the morning.
Quite possibly they are demolishing some part of the building that is not required and creating a smoking area in it's place.

katex 22-04-2011 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 900090)
Quite possibly they are demolishing some part of the building that is not required and creating a smoking area in it's place.

They are demolishing it because it is unsafe... see #702 on Planning Applications thread, and go into Report. :rolleyes: that emoticon for Tealeaf, not you Barrie.

darryl 22-04-2011 18:35

Heard the rumour and fingers crossed, that place needs reopening!

Barrie Yates 22-04-2011 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 900103)
They are demolishing it because it is unsafe... see #702 on Planning Applications thread, and go into Report. :rolleyes: that emoticon for Tealeaf, not you Barrie.

Thanks Kate.;):D
How one can criticise when the place hasn't even opened yet is beyond me.:confused::rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 22-04-2011 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 900127)
Heard the rumour and fingers crossed, that place needs reopening!

Quite agree, could turn out to be the only decent pub in the centre of Accrington - Sorry, it will be the only pub in the centre of Accrington.:D

jaysay 23-04-2011 09:23

Re: Wetherspoons Pub coming to Accy???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 900133)
Thanks Kate.;):D
How one can criticise when the place hasn't even opened yet is beyond me.:confused::rolleyes:

Its called the world according to Tealeaf Barrie

cashman 23-04-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 900133)

Very easily, having visited other of there establishments, i won't be venturing in, cos i think there crap.:D

katex 23-04-2011 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 900281)
Very easily, having visited other of there establishments, i won't be venturing in, cos i think there crap.:D

'One's man's meat is another man's poison' as they say.
Lots of people do enjoy the buzz of Wetherspoons and it is these people they are pandering too.
I'm hopeful it will bring more people into town, and that is what it is all about really. Good to see that one pub chain has confidence in Accrington... :p

Barrie Yates 23-04-2011 18:49

I will give it a try before I criticise it. At least it is close to the market - another option for a "natural break":D

DaveinGermany 25-04-2011 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 900424)
At least it is close to the market - another option for a "natural break":D

A blokes Crèche ! Spent many pleasant times in some of the Free-ports up & across the UK in these sort of Bloke drop off centres. :D Live Sport on the box, Beers, Brews & Scoff & the Ladies did their utty to spend what they had in the abounding Emporia. Mind you, you can hardly get anything with a fiver nowadays ! ;)

phil8715 09-05-2011 17:54

Looks like it's official. I saw the acquisition notice on the window of the Regency.

Atarah 09-05-2011 22:13

1 Attachment(s)
Scaffolding now up, so work is def going ahead.

cashman 09-05-2011 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil8715 (Post 904928)
Looks like it's official. I saw the acquisition notice on the window of the Regency.

yep read it other day.

Mancie 09-05-2011 22:37

Pubs come and go these days but I've yet to see a Witherspoons close down.. once they get in they are in to stay..having said that I reckon it's long overdue for Accy... I don't think it will cause any of the near town center pubs much hardship simply because most people out for a night out in Accy move around from pub to pub.