Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2006, 16:28   #151
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: What makes this a good forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I have no problem with linking off
Thats the best thing you have said in ages, don't tease us just do it
Old 19-10-2006, 16:28   #152
God Member

Many a true thing said in jest.
I've had my dissagreements with rindy over the months, but generally he's got good logic and is friendly.
Old 19-10-2006, 16:29   #153
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
I like a lady who can do more than one thing at once, when can me and some mates come round for a good time.
Now it all depends who you are and what you class as a good time.

Old 19-10-2006, 16:39   #154
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.
Overheard at a Tea party not too far away but a long, long time ago!
Old 19-10-2006, 16:45   #155
God Member

Well Alice was still at school, she was yet to be fully educated less.
Old 19-10-2006, 17:21   #156
God Member

Just my 2 penneth

If it's forum etiquette to link back to a site wouldn't it just be more polite to do that hatter, and let Roy and the moderators decide who is a troll. People who you would regard as a troll (usually because they don't agree with you) could become possible members of accyweb. As for distance, Vorlon was from hmmmm somewhere can't remember where now lol but he had no connections to Accrington, he just enjoyed the forum, why are you denying others this opportunity?

To me it sounds more like you don't want the many people from other forums who you've p***ed off all congregating on one site to compare notes on you.
Old 19-10-2006, 17:54   #157
God Member

Maybe your right Tinks, I don't want people that I've p***ed off on here. The truth P***ed them off on there so why would I want them here, why would they want to come here where I am.
You know there's rivalry tink, you know I dissagreed with a local councillor and he continually got my legitimat posts deleted, so I started my own forum which in turn upset all his and the owners mates. Have a look in the gallery thread for example. Someone turns up with a car at a public show and then doesn't like it when I quite legally display it in the gallery. a show staged for exactly those reasons, fun and publicity. He of course is being awkward jsut for the sake of it and is from the other forum, well whatever if thats what gets him his jollies but I don't want them here.

I was linking back. how many more times do I have to say, I was linking back in other ways which I have now deleted. So I was linking back and wasn't denying other people. But I am now.

By the way me linking to this site also raises my ranking, the more decent sites you link TO the higher the ranking. Therefore By not linking to here I'm losing out.

Last edited by Madhatter; 19-10-2006 at 18:00.
Old 19-10-2006, 17:57   #158
God Member

While your on here perhaps you'd answer the first question tinks. what are your most favourite and least favourite parts of the site. Thats all asked. what would you like to see on here.
Old 19-10-2006, 18:02   #159
God Member

I have a stepdaughter who likes to be popular. She has made a total bollox of her life so far and she's only 18. She is happy to use people including her own family and friends, but whenever things don't go right whose fault do you think it is... yep you guessed, ALWAYS SOMEBODY ELSES FAULT.

I thought I would bore you all with that because somebody in this thread reminded me of her.
Old 19-10-2006, 18:04   #160
I am Banned

pmsl I cant think who
Old 19-10-2006, 18:09   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
While your on here perhaps you'd answer the first question tinks. what are your most favourite and least favourite parts of the site. Thats all asked. what would you like to see on here.
Least favourite part is Neil Only joking hmmm it's everything about this forum I enjoy. It has a feeling of a social gathering, that I think is down to the excellent work of the mods, they seem to have the correct balance of letting threads wander a little to take the route of a natural conversation you'd have face to face.

The members obviously and how every walk of life is represented on this forum.

It's a very hard question to answer Hatter and I don't want to be insulting, I just want to be honest when I say I don't think you'd be able to have a forum this popular. You carry alot of baggage from life and you carry it over into your posts. To an extent you have been offered advice in this thread but you've chose to think it's just another opportunity for people to have a go at you, it's not the case, people are just trying to point out where your going wrong but you get peoples backs up.
Old 19-10-2006, 18:17   #162
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I think is down to the excellent work of the mods, they seem to have the correct balance of letting threads wander a little to take the route of a natural conversation you'd have face to face.
Thats because they are far to busy in the pub to do any moderating.

(Neil waits for his post to be edited by a mod )
Old 19-10-2006, 18:30   #163
God Member

Dave If I wanted to be popular I could be, I can keep quiet and pretend to agree just like you do, and I have done, but I have my opinions and stick to them.

Roy and tinks opinion I am greatfull for and I believe will help me in my quest.
Old 19-10-2006, 18:33   #164
God Member

Quote:
I can keep quiet and pretend to agree just like you do,
You think so ? Ask those who know me
Old 19-10-2006, 18:33   #165
God Member

The thread wanders I agree with, They've got a good ballance on here. On ath old forum they used to let it wander to Australia and back, which is too far and usually ends up with the thread turning to general chit chat.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..