Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2006, 22:11   #211
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: What makes this a good forum

Hatter go to bed or I can see you making your goodbyes to us all permanently.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2006, 22:15   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
What makes this a good... 22-10-2006 13:17 you got exactly what you deserve
Just so there's no miss understanding ^^^ that was me I have to qualms with signing negative karma I really did just forget ... and I fully expect to receive negative back from you. Sums up this thread really, you give something you receive something back, in the case it's the negative comments you've given Hatter your justly getting back tenfold. That was my karma meaning, you deserve everything you get. I'm not going to get into any silly petty arguments with you over it either, as other people are just realising what I've know for ages, that trying to reason with you is like banging your head against a brick wall I've already said to Roy that he must have the patience of a saint to let you stay on this forum, I'd have banned you months ago, so give the guy the respect he's due and stop giving your greif!
Old 22-10-2006, 22:35   #213
God Member

Thank for your logical comment bagpuss, I think I may.
Old 22-10-2006, 22:36   #214
Give, give, give member

Things that make a forum good?

Not this bloody thread, that's for sure.

Old 22-10-2006, 22:38   #215
God Member

What makes this a good... 19-10-2006 17:23 but this is a great thread! this is exactly what you want on your forum, controversy it works a treat - look how many pages and views this thread has

I would like to say thanks to the few nice comments I got

Last edited by Madhatter; 22-10-2006 at 22:40.
Old 22-10-2006, 22:39   #216
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Logically if you put a few you really mean once
Yes you do deserve an answer Madhatter, I visited a few times in one afternoon, now that you have caught me out with my English language, will you please excuse me while I logically go through every post that you have put into this thread and point out several, when I say several I do of course mean alot , well, not so much alot but how every post is a mistake both in logic and in sense, I may be gone for some time but by the time I get back with luck you will be gone full stop!
Old 22-10-2006, 22:42   #217
God Member

Happy unbirthday less
Old 23-10-2006, 17:29   #218

Quote:
I do not do the same on burnleyweb. I got abused by admin on there and neal sorted it.
It wasn't admin who abused you at the time, please make sure we state the correct facts

In answer to your question, what makes Accrington Web a good forum is that it's original, full of great people, full of useful information and posts, well staffed with a good team and very well looked after.

If you have the above, you have a great site. You can have as many topics, sections, areas.... as you want but without the above it's like a monkey without a wheel and rope... (< I dunno, monkey & wheel sounded good!)

Last edited by Neal; 23-10-2006 at 17:48.
Old 24-10-2006, 21:46   #219
I am Banned

I dont know what the problem is with MH not being able to link back? I have a website for my community group & have linked back to accyweb on my club news page as they allow my sig website in this forum & also people here have helped me on here with things i need for the group - only fair to appreciate that help & give it the recognition it deserves!

When i update my site i will hopefully have an awknowledgement page to permanently link & acknowledge those that helped my group & site.
Old 25-10-2006, 03:53   #220
Resting in Peace

My word did this thread do a wander and a half!!!!!

MH not having had the pleasure of meeting you or chatting to you my I say that after reading this thread you may want to consider how you say somethings (or write) them as I find that sometimes you tend to "shoot from the hips" and state what you think at that moment.

Yes sometimes that is the best thing to do to get it off your chest, (I have done it too) but by just taking time to think of what has been posted you could have saved yourself a lot of problems.

"Link back" why not? If they like the site then they'll stop if not then they'll find a forum they like.

Karma is nice to get when good but I have noticed that you seem to get a lot of bad and this could have someting to do with the way you
respond or reply to postings. (Think I gave you some good karma once)

errrrr who or what are trolls/trolling (and not the pictures again please)

I am not a meber of any other forum (that I can think of) as I tend to spend too long looking on here or playing the games LOL
Old 25-10-2006, 09:57   #221
Resident Waffler

Trolls are people who just post to cause trouble.

Old 25-10-2006, 10:20   #222
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Trolls are people who just post to cause trouble.
Well then I want to be a troll-ey dolly when I grow up.

Old 25-10-2006, 12:14   #223
God Member

Hatter I have read your posts on here and I have to say you are absolutly correct in everything you say and do!!!

I don't understand why people disagree with you as you are a very nice person indeed and would never feel the need to put poeple down then cry like a baby when people do it to you......

I think that people are very nasty towards you for no reason what so ever.

Without you this foum would be nothing...........thankyou for your constant nice posts and even more nice words about others on this forum.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 25-10-2006, 17:23   #224
Yank in King Art's Court!

Gollyday, just finished reading through this WHOLE thread (yeah, took me 4 days )(Mel, can I get Trivia bonus points for that?) . Not sure if it was morbid curiosity or to hone my conflict resolution skills! I originally gave my opinion on this thread only because MH had received little initial response. Dag "what has though wrought?"

MH, I must say you have a heck of a backbone or just a strong stubborn quality . I would have taken both positive and negative comments long ago and left it at that.

Back again to the intial thread, I think Tinks summed up the best parts of Accyweb in thread #161 (that was back when we were young!)

Okay, back to the squabble if you must!

Brian

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 25-10-2006 at 17:25. Reason: Add stuff!
Old 25-10-2006, 17:30   #225
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Hatter I have read your posts on here and I have to say you are absolutly correct in everything you say and do!!!

I don't understand why people disagree with you as you are a very nice person indeed and would never feel the need to put poeple down then cry like a baby when people do it to you......

I think that people are very nasty towards you for no reason what so ever.

Without you this foum would be nothing...........thankyou for your constant nice posts and even more nice words about others on this forum.
I am assuming that you are being nice to him so your post is not removed. I hope in reality you think he is an ****.

Last edited by Len; 25-10-2006 at 17:41.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..