Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2006, 20:17   #196
God Member

Re: What makes this a good forum

And if you aren't interested why keep looking at my site less. thats not logical either.
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2006, 20:41   #197
Roy
Administrator

Madhatter, you really are unbelievable.
Your signature was not removed because you would not link back to here, you had your signature there for some time and myself and the moderators where not bothered, it's normal for people to have links to their own websites in signatures. Your link was removed because you blatently said you wouldn't consider linking back, I have never come across a fellow webmaster with this attitude before and to be honest that just annoyed me - so your links where removed. I would never come along to another forum and tell the members I'm only here to post and get links to my own forum and there's no way I'll link back to your forum - I would expect to be banned immediately, as you probably would have been on a less leniant forum! And to say that whilst in a thread asking our members for advice to make your own forum better....
Old 22-10-2006, 21:04   #198
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
Madhatter, you really are unbelievable.
Your signature was not removed because you would not link back to here, you had your signature there for some time and myself and the moderators where not bothered, it's normal for people to have links to their own websites in signatures. Your link was removed because you blatently said you wouldn't consider linking back, I have never come across a fellow webmaster with this attitude before and to be honest that just annoyed me - so your links where removed. I would never come along to another forum and tell the members I'm only here to post and get links to my own forum and there's no way I'll link back to your forum - I would expect to be banned immediately, as you probably would have been on a less leniant forum! And to say that whilst in a thread asking our members for advice to make your own forum better....
??
I said I wouldn't link back from THAT forum and for a good reason. I had links to here from sites up here.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:07   #199
Roy
Administrator

Oh look, a brick wall, - BANG BANG BANG BANG
Old 22-10-2006, 21:13   #200
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
Oh look, a brick wall, - BANG BANG BANG BANG
Do you want some paracetamols or a large pint for the sore head Roy?

Now you see why some of us has MH issues
Old 22-10-2006, 21:22   #201
God Member

exactly
Why would I say I'd consider linking to here when I won't because if I did it would cause me a load of hassle. It's illogical.
What do you want me to pretend that I'd consider a link when I won't.?

I didn't bring it up less did so what am I suppose to answer with, you don't think I should blatantly say I won't consider linking here because it will cause me hassle. What other answer is there.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:25   #202
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Do you want some paracetamols or a large pint for the sore head Roy?

Now you see why some of us has MH issues
You have issues because you can't see logic, and you like to stir it, which is why you are posting in this thread mel and sending me neg karma.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:29   #203
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
You have issues because you can't see logic, and you like to stir it, which is why you are posting in this thread mel and sending me neg karma.
Oh dear hatter i wondered how quick you'd winge about it i will save my honest opinions for the over 18's section yeh i gave you a negative karmer for your attitude towards this forum & least i had the audacity to sign it unlike yourself that returned the favour yet didnt be up front about it am i bothered.....still worries me none like you

You prove why people are getting a little fed up
Old 22-10-2006, 21:48   #204
Roy
Administrator

It looks like madhatter does the same wherever he goes
Linking to other sites - Warwickshire Online Chat Forum

You'll never get links if you act like they are owed to you. Nobody owes you anything.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:48   #205
God Member

as it was a direct response to the sentence in your karma mel its quite obvious, logical infact that it was from me. I have no attitude to this forum, and I only have attitude to those who have attitude to me.
You prove that you are one of a group that are nasty for the sake of trying to prove that they can be.
you save your opinions for over 18's makes no difference to me I can't see them.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:52   #206
God Member

So you've gone searching have you roy. Well done. If you read it you'll see my link was deleted by will because he sees me as competition. NOT because I wouldn't link back. I OFFERED TO LINK BACK. At least his argument has some logic to it.
My objection was that site advertised 'if you have a warwickshire site you can link to it' (on the Warwickshire County Council Site) I linked to it, even offered to put a permanent link on the front page and it still my links got deleted.
My argument was again valid and you linking to it again speaks volumes. You obviously think he's right in his actions after making such claims on a council site.

Last edited by Madhatter; 22-10-2006 at 21:58.
Old 22-10-2006, 21:52   #207
I am Banned

Goodbye hatter i pity your forum if you are admin with this attitude - thank god we have Roy & all our great moderators & genuine great members here & you hatter have made me appreciate them more
Old 22-10-2006, 21:58   #208
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
And if you aren't interested why keep looking at my site less. thats not logical either.
I looked at your site once, the other day when I put a jokey link to it before you started this thread, I gave you an honest opinion of it in this thread.
However here is another honest opinion, it is doubtful that, that site will succeed because it has one thing working against it, You!

It doesn't matter how many other sites you visit we all visit other sites but somehow I get the feeling the other sites you visit are very glad when you are on this one and not bothering them, (the logic behind this thought is that if they liked you you would stay chatting to them and not come on here to be 'slagged off'), please, do yourself a favour log off and go wallow in your self pity somewhere else.
Old 22-10-2006, 22:04   #209
God Member

They do less, thats why I've been on warwickshireonline and blackpoolweb and not here. I only came to ask if you thought the games section contributes to this site or is detrimental to it.
As I've said the response I've got speaks volumes.
Old 22-10-2006, 22:10   #210
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less

P.S. I have on a few occasions looked at your site, not alot wrong with it, but, although there are several links in your signature to your sites, (on here), I have not come across one on your site returning the compliment, don't you think that a little selfish?
Logically if you put a few you really mean once
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..