Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2006, 20:40   #16
God Member

Re: 11grand to discuss multiculturilism

And to be honest Ianto.W. I can understand your frustration. Of course, we're seeing it from different perspectives and have different opinions about it.

My perspective is that this money is out there and I try to bring it back into the borough - would you rather that it went to Birmingham or Surrey or any other place in the country?

The flaw, if there is one, is probably in the system to start off with. But I can't do anything about that!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2006, 20:40   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I wish I was an IMMI'GRANT'.
You are an immigrant, aren't you? I was under the impression you came from Mars.
Old 24-11-2006, 20:47   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You are an immigrant, aren't you? I was under the impression you came from Mars.
Youv'e spotted me Wynone have you, I take your point Gayle it is frustrating regards to you both Ianto. W.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 20:49   #19
Super Moderator

Greetings, o, voyager from a distant world!
Old 24-11-2006, 20:51   #20
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Greetings, o, voyager from a distant world!
Bloody hell, can't they keep the dingles in................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 21:29   #21
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I squirmed when I read the newspaper report, after waiting for a grant on my house (in vain** for 20 years or more. You can argue till the 'cows come home' but you will not change my mind. Ianto.W. I wish I was an IMMI'GRANT'.
The money hasn't been given to immigrants. It has been used to pay people like the photographer and reporter involved in the project. As far as I recall he is from Lancashire and has done other work in Hyndburn, and she's from Hebden Bridge.

If this hadn't been done it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference to your wait for a grant.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 21:39   #22
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The money hasn't been given to immigrants. It has been used to pay people like the photographer and reporter involved in the project. As far as I recall he is from Lancashire and has done other work in Hyndburn, and she's from Hebden Bridge.

If this hadn't been done it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference to your wait for a grant.
I had better get Gayle to sort my application out Willow, the point I tried to make was that the money does not go where it is needed, I do not think anyone is remotely intrested in how 'multicultural ' folk live together.
Old 24-11-2006, 21:42   #23
God Member

And I'm looking for another photographer and researcher to add to the project.

I've done a quick tot up of figures and in the past year I've raised £90k for various different projects or events in Hyndburn. These have been attended by about 9,000 people (all local). It has provided at least one day's work for approximately 120 people (mostly local) and has supported over 100 organisations or service providers (all local).

Old 24-11-2006, 21:45   #24
God Member

Quote:
I had better get Gayle to sort my application out Willow, the point I tried to make was that the money does not go where it is needed, I do not think anyone is remotely intrested in how 'multicultural ' folk live together.
I disagree Ianto (of course I would) lots of people are interested in how people live together. The results of this project will be given to a lot of people - influential people who can help this area get even more money.

Old 24-11-2006, 21:50   #25
Resting in peace

Nothing personal Gayle, but I got on fine before we were a 'multicultural' society.
Old 24-11-2006, 21:56   #26
Resident Waffler

Quote:
the point I tried to make was that the money does not go where it is needed,
If you mean it doesn't go towards repairs to council houses then no, it doesn't, any more than the money I spend on my kids' Christmas presents or presents for friends goes towards getting us a new freezer.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 22:00   #27

Angry Re: 11grand to discuss multiculturilism

gayle is just trying to whittle the issue down to perspective but like i said there have been so many of these so called projects providing eid dinners etc but i cant see the results of their work in terms of integration etc. the only people who benefit are those whose jobs are secured and the same old people go to thse functions anyway. it is a mafia of sorts. we the public should try to change the way these projects are run by complaining to the gov i am really fed up about it !!!
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 22:07   #28
God Member

I'm not trying to whittle it down to anything, I'm just putting my view forward.

BUT, if you feel really strongly about it then yes, you should complain to the government, I'm not stopping you.

Old 24-11-2006, 22:07   #29
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If you mean it doesn't go towards repairs to council houses then no, it doesn't, any more than the money I spend on my kids' Christmas presents or presents for friends goes towards getting us a new freezer.
No Willow I own my own house 'fridge' and I struggle very hard to maintain it, have a walk down Countess Street and see how much is being spent on people who have not been here as long as iv'e owned this one.
Old 24-11-2006, 22:21   #30

oh just before i go the only reason i live in accrington is yes youve guessed it the poverty trap cycle. you wont be finding exiting brain tingling answers when you will do your complicated research. oh will i be paid from this money for my views
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..