Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2006, 22:28   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: 11grand to discuss multiculturilism

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
the same old people go to thse functions anyway.
So why not attend a few? The mela for instance is for everyone not just Asian immgrants. The thing at the Town Hall last Saturday was for anyone and everyone. This project is about everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
No Willow I own my own house 'fridge' and I struggle very hard to maintain it, have a walk down Countess Street and see how much is being spent on people who have not been here as long as iv'e owned this one.
I don't see how that has any bearing on this project. We own this house too and have to maintain it. That's normal when you own a house. Sometimes everything seems to go wrong at once and we get snowed under with things needing replacing or repairing. I sat here freezing when the boiler didn't work for several days so you have my sympathy if your house is cold, but how would not doing this project improve your situation? If you feel you are being passed by in favour of others less deserving than you then by all means take it up with whoever is in charge of whatever isn't being done.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2006, 22:30   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

If just two people come out of the whole thing with a better understanding of each others faith or cultures this will be a success.

You are assured of a big future in politics if you can justify £11,000 so lightly.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 22:50   #33

all due respect willow but we are talking about justifying 11 grand to gather accringtonians views on why they live here. its outrageous and again hwill do nothing for community relations in fact the council should look at their own appointments re integration and should be ashamed as the portfolio holder for community cohesion barely speaks a word of ENGLISH! try phoning him if you are unfortunate enough to be in his council ward .how will he communicate to non asians and younger generation asians. forget melas the council should get its priorityies right its a mafia as far as im concerned
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 22:51   #34
Resident Waffler

It was nothing to do with the council. That's the point I keep trying to get across.

Old 24-11-2006, 22:54   #35
Resting in peace

If any bog standard 'Brit' cares about how Asians celebrate EID, I shall be very much supprised, most of us have had enough of it being shoved down our throats, cellebrate by all means but not at my expense.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 22:56   #36
Resident Waffler

Well maybe some people will be surprised at what people are really like as opposed to what they think they are like. The photographer who came to our church was quite surprised at us lot anyway!

Old 24-11-2006, 23:00   #37
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Well maybe some people will be surprised at what people are really like as opposed to what they think they are like. The photographer who came to our church was quite surprised at us lot anyway!
Fair play to you Willow the 'white flag' is up regards,Ian.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 23:01   #38

no willo it has got links to the council who help create half of this nonsense and the jobs for people who supposedly harmonise our communities. ive no probs with one off eid functions but it seems every other week some sort of function is going on with all the same people benefiting. how is that creating change
Old 24-11-2006, 23:03   #39
Resident Waffler

Could you be more specific because I've not actually been aware of any events which were exclusive. I must have missed them.

Old 24-11-2006, 23:07   #40

too many to mention im afraid kashmiri day springs to mind apparently some members want to be seen as kashmiris only
Old 24-11-2006, 23:08   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
oh just before i go the only reason i live in accrington is yes youve guessed it the poverty trap cycle.

What does that mean?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 23:12   #42

kasmiris are a nation within pakistan
Old 24-11-2006, 23:16   #43
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
If any bog standard 'Brit' cares about how Asians celebrate EID, I shall be very much supprised, most of us have had enough of it being shoved down our throats, cellebrate by all means but not at my expense.
I'm a bog standard brit and all I see is yet more money being flushed down the toilet in the name of multiculturism.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 23:17   #44
Resident Waffler

Quote:
too many to mention im afraid kashmiri day springs to mind apparently some members want to be seen as kashmiris only
So what was Kashmiri day all about then and how much did it cost the council?

Old 24-11-2006, 23:18   #45
Give, give, give member

Bagpuss meet Spinner,

Spinner meet Bagpuss.

Match made in heaven.

Can I make your wedding sari?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..