Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

Eric 12-11-2013 15:21

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083414)
The golden rule :dummy2:

I thought the golden rule went something like: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" ... or perhaps you prefer the version in Matthew:rolleyes:

K99WARD 12-11-2013 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083416)
No retlaw his punishment will come from a higher being, it won't be long before the mods remove him from site and if he continues in this vain he could also be reported to his Internet Provider so that they can suspend him.

K99WARD gets his rule book out and decides that 'Less' is just indulging in wishful thinking. :).

I guess he is still smarting from yesterday.

Less 12-11-2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083423)
K99WARD gets his rule book out and decides that 'Less' is just indulging in wishful thinking. :).

We shall see.

Why should I be smarting? It's not as if you are of any real consequence just a passing **** in the night.

Here, I've ordered you a taxi.

THE MAGIC ROUNDABOUT - ORIGINAL BBC 1970's EPISODE - YouTube

Boeing Guy 12-11-2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083335)
Hi Boeing guy
I take it that your interpretation of "threatening, homophobic, bigoted, racist comments" are simply ones you don't agree with. If that is the case you have a mighty big opponent in our God.

Hello again K,
I gave clear examples of the above much earlier, I have no inclination to search back for them.

You seem to tread very carefuly around the issue without taking a stand, prefering to use the Bible and now our forum rules as a way to deflect the disscusion.
I am finished posting in here, although if i see a infringment of the rules of this forum, i will report it.

Less 12-11-2013 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083425)
We shall see.

Why should I be smarting? It's not as if you are of any real consequence just a passing **** in the night.

Here, I've ordered you a taxi.

Just noticed, my predictive text seems to know him better than I, **** should read ship.

:thumbsup:

Eric 12-11-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083423)

Only 'cause he had one too many in the Railway:D

JCB 12-11-2013 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083382)
You raise an interesting point here JCB (any relation to the dancing diggers?)

I may raise an interesting point , but what I find more interesting is your evading to answer my question .

So here it is again .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

So , where in the Bible does it say , and I quote your words , " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. " ?

westendlass 12-11-2013 16:38

I think K99 just enjoys goading people to gain a reaction , using religion just happens to be the vessel to do this. I also happen to find the tone of the dialogue slightly threatening / disturbing and if he thinks he's 'spreading the word' then he's very misguided in the way he's going about it. Megolomaniacal Mong springs to mind, he's taken over too much space and time on Accy Web already, he's mad as a bag of snakes and wants ignoring.

Eric 12-11-2013 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1083435)
I may raise an interesting point , but what I find more interesting is your evading to answer my question .

So here it is again .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

So , where in the Bible does it say , and I quote your words , " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. " ?

I prefer this: "So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless." (James 2:17) Mmm, "dead and useless"; seems to describe what Kevin has between his ears.

Restless 12-11-2013 16:48

Fanatics never last long here. Accychris + `life` spring to mind

Retlaw 12-11-2013 16:52

The most preposterous notion that homo sapiens heve ever dreamed up is that there is a lord god of creation, the supposed shaper & ruler of the universe, needs the saccharine adoration of his creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if he does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fanatasy without a shred of evidence to support it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in mans history.

jaysay 12-11-2013 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083439)
Fanatics never last long here. Accychris + `life` spring to mind

Maybe its the same person reincarnated Restless:rolleyes:it has been known before;)

jaysay 12-11-2013 17:45

K99Ward seems a bit long winded, think i'll cut it down to just 99, then he can change hands more quickly:)

K99WARD 12-11-2013 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1083435)

So here it is again .

Okay JCB: you are a persistent fellow but I don't object to that. I am a bit that way myself. This is what Jesus said just before he ascended into heaven.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Remember the old adage: when the boss suggests something it is really an order.

JCB 12-11-2013 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083449)
Okay JCB: you are a persistent fellow but I don't object to that. I am a bit that way myself. This is what Jesus said just before he ascended into heaven.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Sorry but that does not answer my question .

Restless 12-11-2013 18:23

99 you are commanded to tell it somewhere else

K99WARD 12-11-2013 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1083444)
K99Ward seems a bit long winded, think i'll cut it down to just 99, then he can change hands more quickly:)

It is a bit long winded jaysay but there are so many KWARDs in Britain that I had to make a distinction and I found that nobody else had used it. When I first joined the Internet almost as soon as it became available people used to email me asking me if I was the kward who used to ....... Etc.

In those days one could publish email addresses because SPAM hadn't yet been invented; nor had viruses and firewalls. Wow! I feel a hundred. Well I had a wonderful program on CD with everybody's name, address and telephone number on it in the entire UK. It was supposed to be done so that you couldn't get a name just knowing a telephone number but I soon spotted a glitch where you could do it by a two stage process. Well anyway, I used to sort out all the KWARDs, some 500+ of them and send them in an email. Can you imagine the recipient phoning or writing to them all? It would have cost a fortune but us Christians are duty bound to be helpful to others just like I am with you chaps. :-P

Less 12-11-2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083454)
It is a bit long winded jaysay

Amazing!

Jay didn't ask you a question but You give us a boring thread wander rather than answer simple questions put to you by members.

Boeing Guy 12-11-2013 18:45

Its okay Less, ive reported him

jaysay 12-11-2013 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1083459)
Its okay Less, ive reported him

So have I

K99WARD 12-11-2013 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1083450)
Sorry but that does not answer my question .

I tend to get a bit short with people who want everything spelled out like a house deed. There are two separate statements here and the second part refers to the basic precept of the Christian faith. I deem it necessary here to give a distinction between the faiths.

If one were to produce a list of all the faiths one would find a common element running through them—except one.

All faiths except Christianity are based on what we can do to earn everlasting life from the head man (in our case God). Different faiths have different ways of doing this but it amounts to finding a way to earn salvation. Now Christianity differs in that it is based on what God has already done for us. You see it is the other way round. Christianity teaches that it is impossible to please God by doing anything; good deeds or whatever your thing happens to be. It does not mean that we shouldn't do good works but it does mean that they cannot earn salvation. The Church of England goes one stage further by saying that good works done BEFORE salvation are repugnant to God.

DaveinGermany 12-11-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083337)
I was interested in the use of your word 'debate.' There is nothing to debate about the Christian faith. It is 2000 years old (approx)

Oh I'd beg to differ on that score fella, even your own bible bashing, puplpit thumping colleagues can't agree on the basics. According to various sources there's between 38,000 - 41,000 denominations of Christianity. So, tell me, what makes yours right?

Less 12-11-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083462)
I tend to get a bit short with people who want everything spelled out

You are obviously mentally dyslexic, you mange to waffle but spell absolutely nothing out.

Except of course for your threats to the site and it's members.

You aren't here by right you know, to stay you have to earn the privilege.

Restless 12-11-2013 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083454)
nor had viruses and firewalls.

I suppose you was using the internet back in the 70's? and firewalls came along late 80s

Eric 12-11-2013 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083449)

Pity you weren't around when I ran into that grizzly north of Buffalo Narrows ... you could have preached to it. Would have saved me the trouble of having to shoot the creature. I have to admit that when I saw it heading my way, I did say something like "JESUS CHRIST":D

dotti34 12-11-2013 19:26

Good morning from Kangaroo Land. Had my caffeine fix first this time so that I could enjoy it while it was hot. Can't believe that when I said goodnight to this thread I think it was about page 24 - now it's page 29!
I've a lot of catching up to do, though I only need to read the first line of K99's missives to know what will be following, so that will save me some time.
Love it, love it, love it. Starting my day off with a few chuckles.
I keep getting a picture in my head of K99, had he been around years ago, of this bloke preaching (screaming) fire and brimstone at all and sundry, long black coat and bright red face - maybe just before they came to take him away.

Wynonie Harris 12-11-2013 19:27

Gordon Bennett! You go away for awhile, sleep, eat, go about your daily business, come back and the Godbotherer's still here! He's like that Monty Python knight, reduced to a limbless torso and still yelling, "come back and fight!" I wonder how long he'll last before he gets banned? :D

dotti34 12-11-2013 19:30

I'm not usually a nasty person - more the sweet and gentle old lady sort (and my nose grows by the minute) - but K99 seems to bring out the worst in me and I find myself being less-than-nice. Maybe I shouldn't say that as religious bigots tend to glory in being ridiculed (or verbally attacked) it sort of makes them feel self-righteous - all in the name of......

Less 12-11-2013 19:34

Well Onan is reading my Blog hope that gives him food for thought!

Sometimes the Devil takes on many forms - Accrington Web

K99WARD 12-11-2013 19:35

I have just been reading "Less's" blog. No wonder he is so anti-religious. He doesn't say who these people were but they sound like a cult. Unfortunately we all get tarred with the same brush because of it. It's rather like saying we are all shoplifters, burglars and rapists because they exist. I am afraid it is a cross we have to bear. One can only hope that things will change in the future but I can't see it happening. I think that if it had been me I would have shown a bit of backbone and turfed them out of the house but without the Holy Spirit people are left pretty defenceless.

dotti34 12-11-2013 19:35

Not sure, K99, to what degree of actually being a rocket scientist you were - I'm not saying you weren't of course as that would mean I was implying you fiddled with the truth about your working life....oh! gee - nothing has changed. Still fiddling with it.

dotti34 12-11-2013 19:36

..the truth that is.

Less 12-11-2013 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083475)
I think that if it had been me I would have shown a bit of backbone and turfed them out of the house

You stupid arse, the backbone came from tolerating them for my wifes sake.

Yet again you just prove you know nothing!
:mad:

Boeing Guy 12-11-2013 19:44

Oooh i bet its a barrel of laughs in your house K.

Backbone......dont, make me laugh.

dotti34 12-11-2013 19:47

Would love to stay awhile and chat, K99, but have more mundane things to do, being as I am a fully qualified domestic goddess (well don't know about the goddess bit) who needs to do some quality control around the place. Will call in later.
Webbers - keep up the good work.

K99WARD 12-11-2013 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083471)
Good morning from Kangaroo Land. Had my caffeine fix first this time so that I could enjoy it while it was hot. Can't believe that when I said goodnight to this thread I think it was about page 24 - now it's page 29!
I've a lot of catching up to do, though I only need to read the first line of K99's missives to know what will be following, so that will save me some time.
Love it, love it, love it. Starting my day off with a few chuckles.
I keep getting a picture in my head of K99, had he been around years ago, of this bloke preaching (screaming) fire and brimstone at all and sundry, long black coat and bright red face - maybe just before they came to take him away.

I like people to show their inner feelings dotti. It's much better than bottling it up. Unfortunately you can't see me in the flesh but if you did you would probably find something far different than your mental image. I am a quiet unassuming kind of person who doesn't bother anybody at home. I suffer from Less's problem but probably more severely. It is like an invisible barrier making one look stupid when it is just a case of not hearing. Hearing loss can be not just a loss of volume but if the higher frequencies are absent one can hear something completely different to what is said. I like the Internet because I can compete there on equal terms. I try never to quote my own opinions and that sometimes frustrates people who say, " say it in your own words." The bible can be a bit severe but it is also full of God's love. It is impossible to quote it all since there is so much of it and that tends to give people who jump to conclusions the wrong idea.

K99WARD 12-11-2013 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1083464)
Oh I'd beg to differ on that score fella, even your own bible bashing, puplpit thumping colleagues can't agree on the basics. According to various sources there's between 38,000 - 41,000 denominations of Christianity. So, tell me, what makes yours right?

I can only assure you Dave that it is a commonly held view and it seems to be born out by the facts but it is not my intention to promote other faiths here but only my own. I quoted it only as background information. It is the one I was baptised into as a child, it is the one we learned at school and it is the one I was saved through many years later.

K99WARD 12-11-2013 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083465)
You are obviously mentally dyslexic, you mange to waffle but spell absolutely nothing out.

Except of course for your threats to the site and it's members.

You aren't here by right you know, to stay you have to earn the privilege.

I fail to see any threats Less. I suspect that your unfortunate experience has coloured your thinking. I simply quote God's word. If there are any threats they are not mine. You must take them up with God himself if you have an issue. God has sent his son to die for our sins and if we believe in him they will be forgiven. That is the essential teaching of true Christianity. It can be summed up in John 3:16 which states :

John 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There is no teaching other than that. Even a child can understand it.

JCB 12-11-2013 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083462)
I tend to get a bit short with people who want everything spelled out like a house deed. There are two separate statements here and the second part refers to the basic precept of the Christian faith. I deem it necessary here to give a distinction between the faiths.

If one were to produce a list of all the faiths one would find a common element running through them—except one.

All faiths except Christianity are based on what we can do to earn everlasting life from the head man (in our case God). Different faiths have different ways of doing this but it amounts to finding a way to earn salvation. Now Christianity differs in that it is based on what God has already done for us. You see it is the other way round. Christianity teaches that it is impossible to please God by doing anything; good deeds or whatever your thing happens to be. It does not mean that we shouldn't do good works but it does mean that they cannot earn salvation. The Church of England goes one stage further by saying that good works done BEFORE salvation are repugnant to God.

You are trying to wriggle out of a simple answer to a simple question .

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?

Your concept of Christianity is weird , and I am sure most on the Accy Web , most of whom are , I believe , non-Christians , but have some knowledge of the teachings of Jesus , will find it just as weird .

K99WARD 12-11-2013 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083466)
I suppose you was using the internet back in the 70's? and firewalls came along late 80s

I was first introduced to firewalls in the early 2000s restless. I was with Firenet at the time. That was like a jail sentence but the proprietor recommended that we all get one. Since firewalls act silently I never really discovered if it did anything unlike antivirus that jumps up to tell you something.

Less 12-11-2013 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083493)
I fail to see any threats Less. I suspect that your unfortunate experience has coloured your thinking.

I didn't ask you to read that blog, I don't expect you to analyse me through it either.

I would be perfectly happy with you on site if you just M.Y.O.B. and stop forcing your twisted God onto others.

Look at it this way, it is Gods will that I dislike you and all you represent. now will you sod off and let us enjoy ourselves?

K99WARD 12-11-2013 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083476)
Not sure, K99, to what degree of actually being a rocket scientist you were - I'm not saying you weren't of course as that would mean I was implying you fiddled with the truth about your working life....oh! gee - nothing has changed. Still fiddling with it.

Well dotti, wishing to be polite and not wanting Less to dash off to the Mods I will try to be brief. I always liked chemistry at school but having seem Frank Whittle testing his jet engine at school one rainy lunchtime I fancied going into the aircraft industry. I got a job with Lucas Aerospace which at the time was known as Joseph Lucas GTE Limited. The job was an apprenticeship in Industrial Chemistry which I did for 5 years. It involved three types of analysis, metallurgical, fuel and gas analysis. It involved working in the test rigs where I learned to write upside down as two of us were working the same apparatus using one test sheet to record the results. Some of the senior chemists had moved over to the combustion side as the lab was only a service department and when the opportunity arose to do the same I grabbed it with both hands. I loved the work which was very varied and eventually rose to the position of senior project engineer. This involved taking on a project from start to finish with only minimal supervision. Testing costs were high but we were not highly paid. I didn't mind this as it meant little competition from the high flyers. The work was very varied including work on Concorde and RB 211 and many others but my final job was on MLRS. I cannot say more than that as it could be construed as breaking the Official Secrets Act although I never signed up to it as it would have involved telling a lie but nobody seemed to mind. I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Eric 12-11-2013 20:48

I've been giving some thought to the 10 Commandments ... even mini-mind has probably heard of them ... and I think I'll go with George Carlin on this one:

George Carlin - The Ten Commandments Broken Down - YouTube

susie123 13-11-2013 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083390)
It's at times like this I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian. Yummy.
:D

Your avatar, at a glance, looks like a big Mac...

dotti34 13-11-2013 03:05

My, my, K99, I feel you have big-noted yourself somewhat, been a bit pretentious and given yourself a promotion of sorts by claiming to be a rocket scientist. Although you worked in an aeronautical environment it’s not quite the same. Ask any rocket scientist.

dotti34 13-11-2013 03:07

One of my sons said to me the other day how much he appreciated the fact that neither his dad nor I have every tried to impose our beliefs, either regarding religion or politics, on our children. Rather the opposite as we have always encouraged them to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions without any parental influence. We actually do agree to disagree on a number of issues.
I wonder if K99 has any children and if so has he indoctrinated them with his way of thinking.
I'm not really interested in K99, just making a passing observation.

DtheP47 13-11-2013 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1083513)
Your avatar, at a glance, looks like a big Mac...

And that's what he was wearing down by the geese and peacocks Susie..
allegedly ;)

Eric 13-11-2013 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083497)
now will you sod off and let us enjoy ourselves?

Let's not be precipitate about this ... think of AccyWeb as a village ... a place where everyone knows everyone else ... we may not all be friends; but we are a community. Now, what every village needs is a village idiot. We now have Kevin. Hi Kevin. Of course, in the next transfer window, we might be tempted to sell him to Knuzden.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083525)
One of my sons said to me the other day how much he appreciated the fact that neither his dad nor I have every tried to impose our beliefs, either regarding religion or politics, on our children. Rather the opposite as we have always encouraged them to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions without any parental influence. We actually do agree to disagree on a number of issues.
I wonder if K99 has any children and if so has he indoctrinated them with his way of thinking.
I'm not really interested in K99, just making a passing observation.

Hi dotti,

Good morning and good evening to our down under folks. Please do not think I would try to indoctrinate anyone. Our Heavenly Father gave us all free will to do as we think fit: to accept him or reject him. I can say that when I accepted him 37 years ago my life changed for the better. The odd thing is that even before I became a Christian and was single I vowed I would only marry a Christian. Mind you, I was never a one to chase after the girls and might never have married at all until I met this gem of a woman who had never been married and although I thought I had got a bargain at the time she turned out later to be even better. She had several near brushes with death but had a strong will to live and recovered. I didn't blame God for this as many do, but accepted that I shouldn't have her on earth forever. Even after all this time without her I am still as much in love. People find this odd but if ever there was a perfect match, she was the one.

You may not be interested in me dotti but I am interested in you because you are one of God's creatures. He created you and loves you and wants you to be his child.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083524)
My, my, K99, I feel you have big-noted yourself somewhat, been a bit pretentious and given yourself a promotion of sorts by claiming to be a rocket scientist. Although you worked in an aeronautical environment it’s not quite the same. Ask any rocket scientist.

It doesn't matter what job we do dotti if we do it to our best ability. I enjoyed going to work every day and God gave me the ability to do jobs in which others had failed. We have all been given some gift by God and it is up to us to use it to the best of our ability whatever it might be. We must remember that God is the giver of all good gifts and as Christians we ought to rejoice in it.

I can't help noticing that the ones who have shut God out of their lives are also the ones who are not happy. They may not know why, but without him it is impossible to please him. He is the embodiment of all goodness.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083497)
I didn't ask you to read that blog, I don't expect you to analyse me through it either.

I would be perfectly happy with you on site if you just M.Y.O.B. and stop forcing your twisted God onto others.

Look at it this way, it is Gods will that I dislike you and all you represent. now will you sod off and let us enjoy ourselves?

It looks like you are still smarting Less. You are free to view this thread or not view it as you please. That is the only concession I make to you. I still get a lovely welcome when I sign into the site which I find gratifying.

I have been known to get people banned in the past for deliberately flouting forum rules so don't push it.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083482)
Would love to stay awhile and chat, K99, but have more mundane things to do, being as I am a fully qualified domestic goddess (well don't know about the goddess bit) who needs to do some quality control around the place. Will call in later.
Webbers - keep up the good work.

Please don't knock housework, dotti. How would we ever manage without the little woman as helpmeet? I am not a women's libber. I have seen their rise and the fall of man and just look at the marriage statistics.

Boeing Guy 13-11-2013 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083534)
It looks like you are still smarting Less. You are free to view this thread or not view it as you please. That is the only concession I make to you. I still get a lovely welcome when I sign into the site which I find gratifying.

I have been known to get people banned in the past for deliberately flouting forum rules so don't push it.

Thread wander and threatening......
Very Christian.:eek:
Reported

Barrie Yates 13-11-2013 06:20

To KW99Ward.
I do not deny or acknowledge that there is a God, but I do have questions that so far have never been answered:
a. If God, and therefore Jesus, love children so much, why does he allow so many to suffer the horrors of war and natural disasters?
b. Why are so many children abused by people who are entrusted to their care?
c. Why do so many people who are trusted to spread the word of God and Christianity and care for children, abuse them, both physically and sexually?

It has been noted in your responses that you evade answering questions - why? Methinks there could perhaps be something that you wish to hide from us. In the same vein, why not use your full name as your identifier - is there something to hide there?

Boeing Guy 13-11-2013 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083535)
Please don't knock housework, dotti. How would we ever manage without the little woman as helpmeet? I am not a women's libber. I have seen their rise and the fall of man and just look at the marriage statistics.

Little women......i thpught that was a book.

Sexist and patronising as well, also reported;)

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:24

One thing I particularly like about the Accrington web is that you are all good spellers. You must have had good teachers at school, but for whatever reason keep it up. Some web forums (or should it be fori) are a tribute to lax teaching.

:)

Boeing Guy 13-11-2013 06:36

Thread wander
You obviously have never used a tablet to reply to posts

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1083537)
To KW99Ward.
I do not deny or acknowledge that there is a God, but I do have questions that so far have never been answered:
a. If God, and therefore Jesus, love children so much, why does he allow so many to suffer the horrors of war and natural disasters?
b. Why are so many children abused by people who are entrusted to their care?
c. Why do so many people who are trusted to spread the word of God and Christianity and care for children, abuse them, both physically and sexually?

It has been noted in your responses that you evade answering questions - why? Methinks there could perhaps be something that you wish to hide from us. In the same vein, why not use your full name as your identifier - is there something to hide there?

Hi Barry,

I don't think that we have spoken before. I have answered question a. before but as it is such a large thread thanks mainly to the interest of all you Accringtonians I will do so again. b. and c. Are in a similar vein.

Man is born in sin. Although 'man' is singular we are all affected. It is the reason why Jesus had to be born supernaturally. Otherwise he would have been a sinner too and unable to offer himself as the one perfect sacrifice to atone for those sins. It is God's demand that a blood sacrifice be offered for sin. In the Old Testament there were animal sacrifices but the problem was they had to be offered time and time again for each new sin. God solved that by sending his son to die in our stead as the one perfect sacrifice for all our sins but it does require us to put our trust in him.

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

Remember that it is man's sin and not God's.

b. and c. really have the same answers. This may not be the answer you would like but it is the truth and if man doesn't repent of his sin he will perish.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 06:55

That's all folks until tonight. Shopping this morning and doctor this afternoon. :)

dotti34 13-11-2013 06:59

Are you for real, K99? Let’s get a couple of things straight.
First of all, God didn’t create me – I was not some Immaculate Conception. According to what my mother told me I was my dad’s birthday present to her. She said to him ‘it’s my birthday next week what are you going to give me?’ and 9 months later I came along……enough said!
Secondly, I object to the ‘little woman’ tag – I am nobody’s ‘little woman’.
Thirdly, you come across as an egotistical bigot, did you think that only a Christian woman would be worthy to be your wife? Being a Christian doesn’t mean that person is better than someone of another religion – or (dare I say) no religion at all.
As a matter-of-fact my husband (of almost 57 years I might add) thinks I’m the best thing that has happened since sliced bread – I’ve told him this so often that now he really believes it!!!!!
And while we’re at it, you really do have a big opinion of yourself which doesn’t gel with being a humble servant, etc., etc…..
…and last but not least, please do me a favour and DON’T be interested in me.

Restless 13-11-2013 07:13

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083532)

I can't help noticing that the ones who have shut God out of their lives are also the ones who are not happy. They may not know why, but without him it is impossible to please him. He is the embodiment of all goodness.

Haven't you seen dogma? God is clearly a woman.

dotti34 13-11-2013 07:17

Have just read your posting in answer to Barry's questions. You really are full of it.....I take great exception to your comments regarding WWII, having (like so many countless other people) lost near and dear ones who made the supreme sacrifice - where was your God then? Where was your God when the war started? Where was he when other wars were being fought?
I know it's a waste of time trying to get through to you, brain-washed as you apparently are and I know you will come up with some ridiculous implausible reasons.

JCB 13-11-2013 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083546)
That's all folks until tonight. Shopping this morning and doctor this afternoon. :)

Enjoy the shopping , and I hope all goes well with the visit to the doctor .

When you return perhaps you will answer the questions I posed yesterday .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?

Less 13-11-2013 07:33

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083534)

Not smarting, disgusted at your attitude.
It is so generous of you to allow me to view this thread if I wish is this your concession to free will?
I really do wish you wouldn't threaten me, it isn't good for your Christian image.
Reported.

Less 13-11-2013 07:38

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1083527)
And that's what he was wearing down by the geese and peacocks Susie..
allegedly ;)

Mr popularity, such a humour if you ever met your father he would be so proud.

dotti34 13-11-2013 07:41

Do we take it from Mr. K99WARD's comments that he has been a member of other forums? Wonder which and what about. He's a bit of a human sort of oxymoron (with or without the oxy) such a do-gooder Christian on the one hand and so vicious on the other. Quite nasty at times as a matter-of-fact.....
....and before you correct me K99 I DO know what oxymoron really means....

Barrie Yates 13-11-2013 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083545)
Hi Barry,

I don't think that we have spoken before. I have answered question a. before but as it is such a large thread thanks mainly to the interest of all you Accringtonians I will do so again. b. and c. Are in a similar vein.

Man is born in sin. Although 'man' is singular we are all affected. It is the reason why Jesus had to be born supernaturally. Otherwise he would have been a sinner too and unable to offer himself as the one perfect sacrifice to atone for those sins. It is God's demand that a blood sacrifice be offered for sin. In the Old Testament there were animal sacrifices but the problem was they had to be offered time and time again for each new sin. God solved that by sending his son to die in our stead as the one perfect sacrifice for all our sins but it does require us to put our trust in him.

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

b. and c. really have the same answers. This may not be the answer you would like but it is the truth and if man doesn't repent of his sin he will perish.

The usual load of platitudes. How many of the members various religious orders have committed cruel and unnatural acts against children and then been absolved by the leaders of the particular orders - don't tell me that they will finish up in hell or purgatory unless you can give a location for these two places - must be a very large place. Likewise, where is heaven, or paradise or nirvana?
I note that you still remain anonymous - makes me wonder what you are trying to hide. If you are attempting to promulgate the Word of God surely you should be proud to let everyone know who you are - unless you are a troll or a perv

westendlass 13-11-2013 08:39

Dictionary definition of BIGOT : A person who is obstinately or Intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred or intolerance. K99 to a T I think.

Neil 13-11-2013 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1083528)
Let's not be precipitate about this ... think of AccyWeb as a village ... a place where everyone knows everyone else ... we may not all be friends; but we are a community. Now, what every village needs is a village idiot. We now have Kevin. Hi Kevin. Of course, in the next transfer window, we might be tempted to sell him to Knuzden.

Excuse me my overseas friend but I am the AccyWeb village idiot although at the moment this place is more like an asylum than a village.

Can't believe all the reports at the moment about one member. Who cares if he believes in God, the tooth fairy of whatever, reporting a member and then doing the exact same things you report him for is just stupidity, thread wondering, threatening behaviour, space wasting you are all doing it by replying to to goad him, just who is doing the trolling here?

A few of you need to grow up and act like adults for once!!

Neil 13-11-2013 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1083562)
Dictionary definition of BIGOT : A person who is obstinately or Intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred or intolerance. K99 to a T I think.

Oh please don't you start as well, you are one of the sensible ones on here.

Are the ones abusing him not also bigots because they are intolerant of his opinions?

Restless 13-11-2013 12:09

He's told us his opinion. Now we are just requesting that he stops bible bashing us.

Neil 13-11-2013 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083580)
He's told us his opinion. Now we are just requesting that he stops bible bashing us.

Many of the responses have been rude and insulting and posted just to try and get a negative response, that is trolling and we don't need it on this site.

If you could see some of the reported posts you would laugh at the irony of them - obviously I will not mention names but how several members can report an abusive post one minute and abuse another member next is just wrong.

Less 13-11-2013 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1083586)
Many of the responses have been rude and insulting and posted just to try and get a negative response, that is trolling and we don't need it on this site.

If you could see some of the reported posts you would laugh at the irony of them - obviously I will not mention names but how several members can report an abusive post one minute and abuse another member next is just wrong.

Chocolate fire guard anyone?

susie123 13-11-2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083535)

Pass the sick bag somebody.

susie123 13-11-2013 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083541)
One thing I particularly like about the Accrington web is that you are all good spellers. You must have had good teachers at school, but for whatever reason keep it up. Some web forums (or should it be fori) are a tribute to lax teaching.

I think it's fora actually. Posted by one of Accyweb's resident spelling and grammar Nazis. Can't help it I just am.

K99WARD 13-11-2013 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083548)
Are you for real, K99? Let’s get a couple of things straight.
First of all, God didn’t create me – I was not some Immaculate Conception. According to what my mother told me I was my dad’s birthday present to her. She said to him ‘it’s my birthday next week what are you going to give me?’ and 9 months later I came along……enough said!
Secondly, I object to the ‘little woman’ tag – I am nobody’s ‘little woman’.
Thirdly, you come across as an egotistical bigot, did you think that only a Christian woman would be worthy to be your wife? Being a Christian doesn’t mean that person is better than someone of another religion – or (dare I say) no religion at all.
As a matter-of-fact my husband (of almost 57 years I might add) thinks I’m the best thing that has happened since sliced bread – I’ve told him this so often that now he really believes it!!!!!
And while we’re at it, you really do have a big opinion of yourself which doesn’t gel with being a humble servant, etc., etc…..
…and last but not least, please do me a favour and DON’T be interested in me.

Hi dotti,

You really are a scream. You will be quoting me the facts of life next. My mother found me under a gooseberry bush. She swore it hand on the bible. I had no idea that Accrington folks had so much steam inside them. If you are right about your existence that I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Who were Adam's father and mother?

2. Who were Eve's father and mother?

No doubt I shall get some fancy wisecrack but I shall expect a proper answer from our dotti.

As for having a big ego I can only say that my dad is bigger than your dad. Lol

Neil 13-11-2013 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083591)
Chocolate fire guard anyone?

What do you want me to do, delete all the off topic posts and 3 day ban everyone involved for trolling/being abusive/breaking rules?

I can do that but it's not how it usually works on here, a bit of slack is expected and given but when it goes to far the slack has to be wound back in.

Less 13-11-2013 13:03

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1083595)
What do you want me to do, delete all the off topic posts and 3 day ban everyone involved for trolling/being abusive/breaking rules?

I can do that but it's not how it usually works on here, a bit of slack is expected and given but when it goes to far the slack has to be wound back in.

So everyone is wrong except for the newbie?
Doing nothing would have been better than commenting on it, now watch him come on with a feeling he is untouchable, he's already bragged about what he's done to other sites and now you've given him the go ahead to do the same on here!

R.I.P. AccyWeb.
:(

susie123 13-11-2013 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083545)

So what makes "us" so special? Aren't the enemy Christians too? OR at least men? Doesn't god love all men? using the term in the sense of human beings. Why this selective and patronising attitude in certain cases. If God has given me free will even though I'm an atheist I choose it to stay away from people like you and reject such attitudes. Please don't report me for rudeness to you, "people like you" here means your fellow Christians and what you believe. My mind is still boggling at what you said about WWII. It's worse than some of Margaret R's conspiracy theories. Maybe she has one to explain it. Can't be worse than your Christian idea.

Alan Varrechia 13-11-2013 13:18

I prefer On the Origin of Species by Darwin to the bible.

susie123 13-11-2013 13:23

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083550)
I know it's a waste of time trying to get through to you, brain-washed as you apparently are and I know you will come up with some ridiculous implausible reasons.

a) shopping for more brain washing shampoo

b) brainwashing at doctors with new shampoo and don't forget the conditioner!

K99WARD 13-11-2013 13:33

Father, forgive them for they know not what the do.

Boeing Guy 13-11-2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083600)

You know David Icke used to do this as well.
Normally in a purple tracksuit

Less 13-11-2013 13:50

Quote:

Well, go into night life & events tell them what, when and where the do is.

Someone might turn up.

Some people's spelling is below par for the site.

Restless 13-11-2013 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083594)
Hi dotti,

You really are a scream. You will be quoting me the facts of life next. My mother found me under a gooseberry bush. She swore it hand on the bible. I had no idea that Accrington folks had so much steam inside them. If you are right about your existence that I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Who were Adam's father and mother?

2. Who were Eve's father and mother?

No doubt I shall get some fancy wisecrack but I shall expect a proper answer from our dotti.

As for having a big ego I can only say that my dad is bigger than your dad. Lol

1 + 2 same answer. Doesn't really matter since its just a story and they didn't exist

Less 13-11-2013 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083605)
1 + 2 same answer. Doesn't really matter since its just a story and they didn't exist

How very true, a tale of mud and rib.

But if they aren't children of the womb why do the artists always show them with belly buttons?

Neil 13-11-2013 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083605)

My RE teacher told me that she thought Genesis was just a story, is that the bit with Adam and Eve in it?

gpick24 13-11-2013 14:32

No need to ask K99ward questions anymore, we can ask the big man himself.
Ask God One Question - Yep, you found the Big Guy. You can ask God a question!

I`ve asked him why he needs anti-spam verification when you go to post a question.

Restless 13-11-2013 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1083607)
My RE teacher told me that she thought Genesis was just a story, is that the bit with Adam and Eve in it?

Wouldn't know since I cannot stomach more than 5 mins of the bible at a time. Even the audio version read by Johnny Cash, I didn't get much past his"I love the word" intro. Interestingly Mr Cash attempted suicide by drugs and "saw god" in his Illucinations. Well at least Mr Cash could pronounce the name Jesus unlike the majority of his followers.

My RE teachers. I had two. One was too busy kicking kids out of class and\or crying(over a copy of the book, no doubt) or the other, she played guitar and sang songs. I actually liked her. Knowing me. You would get the connection. Oh but the songs. They were awful.

Restless 13-11-2013 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1083608)
No need to ask K99ward questions anymore, we can ask the big man himself.
Ask God One Question - Yep, you found the Big Guy. You can ask God a question!

I`ve asked him why he needs anti-spam verification when you go to post a question.

My guess is so you don't get a reply from satan and/or Nigerian scammers

JCB 13-11-2013 16:44

Quote:

And you don't seem to know how to answer questions I have asked of you several times .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

Restless 13-11-2013 16:49

JCB I think what he meant was "Jesus politely requested"
Or perhaps he was a robot sent back in time by k99 and got his programming borked

Eric 13-11-2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083629)
Wouldn't know since I cannot stomach more than 5 mins of the bible at a time.

Really ... I've read it cover to cover because I love the beauty of the English language ... Piers Plowman, Canterbury Tales, Shakespeare, Marlowe, Jonson, Johnson, Milton, etc. ... and the guys who wrote the King James version of the Bible.:theband:

jaysay 13-11-2013 17:17

Quote:

I hope your stocking up on the Prosak ;)

jaysay 13-11-2013 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1083593)
I think it's fora actually. Posted by one of Accyweb's resident spelling and grammar Nazis. Can't help it I just am.

Or in my case Susie its a spellcheck:D

Restless 13-11-2013 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1083641)
Really ... I've read it cover to cover because I love the beauty of the English language ... Piers Plowman, Canterbury Tales, Shakespeare, Marlowe, Jonson, Johnson, Milton, etc. ... and the guys who wrote the King James version of the Bible.:theband:

there is the language to to semi appreciate. It must've been hard to translate(and edited) to English from that abandoned form of abaric or what language it was originally in

DaveinGermany 13-11-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1083629)
Oh but the songs.

"Jesus wants me for a sunbeam", "Kumbaya" & "What a friend we have in Jesus". Ripsnorting melodies of the Sally bash host!

Boeing Guy 13-11-2013 18:56

I prefer this song from the book of Genesis:D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EprQGmZ...%3DEprQGmZ3Imw

K99WARD 13-11-2013 19:25

It has come to my attention that some of you have been complaining to the moderator.

I would like to point out the following: -
1. If you don't like my opinions then don't ask for them.
2. If you object to my religious views then don't visit this thread after all it was dead before I came.
3. I don't mind you expressing opposing views if you wish but please remember the forum rules regarding courtesy when replying.
4. If I want any of my private information published I will do it myself I require no help from forum members.

You are not obliged to listen to me if you don't want to.

K99WARD

dotti34 13-11-2013 19:28

K99. Have had 2 cups of caffeine this morning before I went onto this forum today as I needed them before I ventured to read more of your tripe, which is very hard to swallow. Let's get a few facts straight.
Firstly, I am NOT your dotti - although they do say that familiarity breeds contempt, hmm! enough said.
Secondly, my mother never swore.
Thirdly, maybe you should have had sex lessons at the same time as you took bible ones.
Fourthly, I would never claim to have been found under a gooseberry bush, you silly man.
Fifthly, although I have gone back many generations with my family history I have yet to find any connection to Adam and Eve, or whoever came before. Nor do I particularly want to.
Sixthly, I do not try to make fancy wisecracks - have no need to use them.
and, last but not least, your last comment is crude and rude.

Btw, I have just checked the calendar to make sure it really isn't April 1st and that someone is trying to fool us....