Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Volcanic ash cloud on its way (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/volcanic-ash-cloud-on-its-way-52766.html)

flashy 15-04-2010 11:12

Volcanic ash cloud on its way

BBC News - Why we cannot fly through a cloud of volcanic ash

volcanic ash cloud on its way over here from Iceland, all flights grounded, and very bad for asthmatics

Taggy 15-04-2010 12:03

Re: Volcanic ash cloud on its way

Perhaps its the Icelandic Government burning cash rather than pay it back to Britain!!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

martin01 15-04-2010 13:09

Icelandic authorities ;
now give us our money back! or ---- ----

shillelagh 15-04-2010 13:14

So thats why i got the following text message from my rovers supporting brother ...

Breaking News - re the cloud of dust that has closed all UK airports. Police have arrested the Burnley FC trophy cabinet cleaner in connection with this incident.

Anyone come up with a reply for him .. clean version please its kid friendly this site ..

flashy 15-04-2010 13:20

pmsfl, love it Jen HAHAHAHAHA

pipinfort 15-04-2010 13:22

It might not do my Asthma any good but it will work wonders for my soil.............

shillelagh 15-04-2010 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 806618)
pmsfl, love it Jen HAHAHAHAHA

i dont :eek::eek::eek:

flashy 15-04-2010 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 806619)
It might not do my Asthma any good but it will work wonders for my soil.............

*snigger*

shillelagh 15-04-2010 14:43

read the comments on this ...

BBC News - Live: Volcanic cloud over Europe

quite like this one ...:D:D:D

1353 Sam in London says:

Absolutely beautiful images - mother nature at her very best. I find it amazing that this series of eruptions has been going on for a good few weeks now, with little UK media coverage. But get in the way of a £50 'getaway flight' to Europe and suddenly it's bigger news than the election. In pictures: Volcano erupts in Iceland

jaysay 15-04-2010 14:45

Its not very good for those who were going on holiday this morning either, Joan was supposed to fly to Spain this morning to see her son, got to the airport at 6-30 and was told all flights were cancelled,:eek: was not a happy bunny, she's now going on Saturday morning. On the Asthma front my windows are closed till further notice:D

MargaretR 15-04-2010 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806645)
Its not very good for those who were going on holiday this morning either, Joan was supposed to fly to Spain this morning to see her son, got to the airport at 6-30 and was told all flights were cancelled,:eek: was not a happy bunny, she's now going on Saturday morning. On the Asthma front my windows are closed till further notice:D

The ash is too high in the atmosphere to land here, so there won't be a spell of darkness like that sandstorm, a few decades ago, caused.
It will circulate the globe at high levels and will eventually disperse - eventually falling in rainwater I suspect.

vera 15-04-2010 15:03

As long as the ash does not turn to rain here, we have had more than our fair share of rain :eek::eek:

jaysay 15-04-2010 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 806655)
As long as the ash does not turn to rain here, we have had more than our fair share of rain :eek::eek:

I hope it doesn't too vera, Joan will be in your neck of the woods when she eventually gets there, San Antonio I think

martin01 15-04-2010 16:35

the dust is making its way down from the Highlands so better get cracking there's only 264 more shopping days to Christmas.

lancsdave 15-04-2010 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 806615)
So thats why i got the following text message from my rovers supporting brother ...

Breaking News - re the cloud of dust that has closed all UK airports. Police have arrested the Burnley FC trophy cabinet cleaner in connection with this incident.

Anyone come up with a reply for him .. clean version please its kid friendly this site ..

Easy Jen, it won't have accumalted as much dust as the one at Deadwood, we had a new trophy to put in at the end of last season :)