Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-new-tourist-attraction-56656.html)

DaveinGermany 31-01-2011 13:17

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879417)
Free Speech !!

Bludgeoned into submission with the same cosh as the traders & toilets it appears ! :rolleyes:

cashman 31-01-2011 16:44

i hope someones sent that pic to the press? would show these ******* fer what they really are.:cool:

lancsdave 31-01-2011 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 879476)
i hope someones sent that pic to the press? would show these ******* fer what they really are.:cool:

Won't make any difference, public opinion is water off a duck's back with this council. Next plan is for them to close on Sunday's then it will be all week.

If we get a Labour council in May no doubt they will ignore it as a past issue

wallop79 31-01-2011 16:58

that is one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time, but seriously closing the toilets, do we all have to "spend a penny" in the drain like we did as a kid, or do we send HBC our cleaning bills if we just cant cross our legs any longer and have a little accident!! Or if we're passing any of the council buildings can we call in and ask to use their toilets??

lancsdave 31-01-2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallop79 (Post 879480)
that is one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time, but seriously closing the toilets, do we all have to "spend a penny" in the drain like we did as a kid, or do we send HBC our cleaning bills if we just cant cross our legs any longer and have a little accident!!

Unless people actually complain to the council it will be laughed off by those responsible. After all they don't spend all day in town so it really doesn't make much difference to them

Stanleymad 31-01-2011 17:42

3/4 cubicles max in ladies, u have customers, traders, bus drivers all need to wee then theres gonna be some hefty queues certainly the elderly and disabled users are gonna really struggle, then u have tots too no changing facilities, theres gonna be many a wet floor!!

jaysay 31-01-2011 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 879494)
3/4 cubicles max in ladies, u have customers, traders, bus drivers all need to wee then there's gonna be some hefty queues certainly the elderly and disabled users are gonna really struggle, then u have tots too no changing facilities, there's gonna be many a wet floor!!

Surely it won't be so bad after all the Markets always empty or so I hear:rolleyes:

heth 31-01-2011 18:49

Absolute joke, and yes it will be that bad John :D

Stanleymad 31-01-2011 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 879496)
Surely it won't be so bad after all the Markets always empty or so I hear:rolleyes:

Usually but there will be people only going in for a wee the council rudely assume busting bladders will spend money :rolleyes:

garinda 31-01-2011 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879481)
Unless people actually complain to the council it will be laughed off by those responsible. After all they don't spend all day in town so it really doesn't make much difference to them

Start a Facebook campaign.

Worth a try.

Helped get that Blackburn J.P. reinstated, after he called some scummy vandals scum.

I'll happily sign my name.

Sara 31-01-2011 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 879568)

Worth a try.

Helped get that Blackburn J.P. reinstated, after he called some scummy vandals scum.

Me too

lancsdave 31-01-2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 879568)

Worth a try.

Will look in to that :)

Maybe as a start some people could fill the complaints form in on the council website

Online forms - Comments, Compliments and Complaints Form

garinda 31-01-2011 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879576)

Maybe as a start some people could fill the complaints form in on the council website

Sent.

lancsdave 31-01-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 879580)
Sent.

Thank you. It's worth it just to see the format of the receipt mail :D

heth 31-01-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879576)

Just completed mine, good idea they may listen more to this than Facebook?

thats if they know how to listen.......:rolleyes: