Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-new-tourist-attraction-56656.html)

Less 02-02-2011 17:58

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Perhaps we could spend a Saturday afternoon doing a full monty dole queue cultural arts type mob whatsit rip off, outside the bogs?

Now, what we need is a celebrity type figure to join in, anyone got Prince Charles's email address?

No, on second thoughts, a picture of him on the throne would upset his Mum.
:D

garinda 02-02-2011 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 880149)
Perhaps we could spend a Saturday afternoon doing a full monty dole queue cultural arts type mob whatsit rip off, outside the bogs?

Now, what we need is a celebrity type figure to join in, anyone got Prince Charles's email address?

No, on second thoughts, a picture of him on the throne would upset his Mum.

Close the street, put up bunting, and have a Royal Wee.

jaysay 02-02-2011 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 880152)
Close the street, put up bunting, and have a Royal Wee.

You taking the P or what:D

garinda 02-02-2011 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 880155)
You taking the P or what:D

Yes.

Sorry.

We'd need council approval to close the street.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 02-02-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 880156)
Yes.

Sorry.

You can't overlook these small details G, do ya think you get approval:rolleyes:

Less 02-02-2011 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 880156)
Yes.

Sorry.

Shouldn't be a problem, if they close the street as quickly and easily as the toilets, more footfall generated through the market hall.

a win, win situation for both sides.
:)

lindsay ormerod 02-02-2011 18:37

FB group joined, our "esteemed" leader may find this is his "Waterloo" big style. He's a megalomaniac and this is a step too far.

Bernard Dawson 02-02-2011 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 880165)
FB group joined, our "esteemed" leader may find this is his "Waterloo" big style. He's a megalomaniac and this is a step too far.

The campaign against the closure seems to be attracting a lot of support on Facebook. The Council should have a rethink on this. I just cant see the logic behind the closure.

Busman747 02-02-2011 19:31

I am pleased to notice that earlier in the thread, several members mentioned the fact that bus drivers are among those that are going to suffer with the closing of the Peel St. loos.

I work a 3½ and a 4 hour period on Mondays and Wednesdays. Each time I arrive at the bus station, I have several minutes to issue tickets for my next journey and when necessary, make a quick visit to the loo. To do this, I have to secure my ticket machine (lock it) and ensure that the cash is away from temptation. On my return, refill the cash tray, unlock the ticket machine and catch up with passengers that have boarded in my absence. I now have to allow an extra couple of minutes due to the extra distance. When I finally get to the "gents" there are only 2 urinals and two cubicles instead of three and if anyone has used the urinals, I think that you will agree that they are too close and too low! In fact, if you look carefully (no! not at the bloke next to you) it is obvious that the loos have been squeezed into one single unit that was originally designed as a single shopping outlet.

The Wednesday market opening which has been forced upon traders has been a total financial disaster and I am sure that it is no coincidence that the closure of the Peel St. toilets are measures to recompense the council for their faux pas!:mad:

As I made my first journey on Monday, I realised (as pointed out earlier) that I had to walk through the cafe on the balcony which happens to be owned by PB's son. That is surely no coincidence!!

I now wait for the indoor market to close on a Wednesday and I will be first in the queue at the Town Hall demanding to use the staff toilets:mad::mad:

Stanleymad 02-02-2011 21:18

Think is was anybody asked for their opinion ?? Seems that the council heard one voiced suggestion of how to force people in the indoor Market backed by the local councillor and sod everyone else. Noticed they couldn't tell me in my complaint why traders and public was not consulted before being passed.

cashman 02-02-2011 21:52

whats the score??? have logged into facebook n sent request to join this group n sod all??? me no understand.:(

lancsdave 02-02-2011 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 880187)
whats the score??? have logged into facebook n sent request to join this group n sod all??? me no understand.:(

Nowt come through to join so far Mr C

Correction I beleive you're in now ;)

cashman 02-02-2011 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 880188)
Nowt come through to join so far Mr C

Correction I beleive you're in now ;)

cheers just been fer a slash.:D

jaysay 03-02-2011 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 880191)
cheers just been fer a slash.:D

Wish you'd stop P ing about:D

yerself 03-02-2011 10:41

Seen on a hot-air hand dryer in a local convenience:

Please push the button for a message from Peter Britcliffe.

Well not really, it was a few years ago in a pub near Lancaster and it referred to some grocer's daughter.