Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-new-tourist-attraction-56656.html)

Alan Varrechia 04-02-2011 20:00

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 880689)
PB asks 'what's the fuss'....well, Mr Britcliffe if y ou are reading this......the fuss is about having easy access to public toilets......unless of course you want to provide us all with a licence to pee in the street.

There have been toilets freely available on Peel St since the early sixties almost 50 years, yet this buffoon thinks it a good idea to close them on days that he deems 'not busy'....but bamboozles market hall traders to open on one of the days he deems 'not busy'.......is that some kind of disordered logic?

So...if it isn't busy enough to warrant the toilets open....why bother opening the market hall......?That must cost a fortune......Oh, silly me, he has the mugs....sorry I mean traders to pay rent for that.

Think you will find the mugs are coffee mugs in number one sons little emporium/ toilet facade. :D:D:D

lancsdave 04-02-2011 20:36

One thing has struck me in all this. Where is the right of the public to get decisions like this overturned ? Seems to me they can make any decision they want and all we can do is voice our opinions and wait for the next election.

garinda 04-02-2011 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 880760)
One thing has struck me in all this. Where is the right of the public to get decisions like this overturned ? Seems to me they can make any decision they want and all we can do is voice our opinions and wait for the next election.

Unless....

Unless you walk like an Egyptian, and have a revolution.

I know of a very talented community artist, who could knit you an effigy, if you want to hang one from a lampost.

She don't come cheap, mind.

shillelagh 04-02-2011 21:18

it'd probably cost a fortune in wool rindy ....

jaysay 05-02-2011 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 880778)

Well you could always cut costs by supplying suitably printed t-shirts Dave:D:D

Less 05-02-2011 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 880778)

Could they not make it from paper mache? They could recycle all of your tissues.
:s_spit::s_sick::s_coolspi

Less 05-02-2011 12:22

How about a queue-in?
On the days peels st is closed we all queue outside the Market hall bogs. Once you have visited you rejoin the back of the queue. PB can't object he's getting the Market thruput he desires. The Police can't object, we all need to go.
Could we call this movement 'Pis de resistance?'.

heth 05-02-2011 12:54

Maybe PB son's cafe can supply free drinks aswell...................so we keep "going" :rolleyes:

garinda 06-02-2011 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 880564)

Rishton needs some public toilets.

(I'm serious about that, actually!)

Searching for something totally unrelated, about the old urban district councils, I found this.

Toilets in Rishton.

The history of public urination in Rishton, and no I'm not taking the...

Enjoy.

:D

garinda 06-02-2011 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 880953)
Maybe PB son's cafe can supply free drinks aswell...................so we keep "going" :rolleyes:

This week's special - £3.99

Pie & Pees.

:rolleyes::D

shillelagh 06-02-2011 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 880908)
Could they not make it from paper mache? They could recycle all of your tissues.
:s_spit::s_sick::s_coolspi

well ive got enough of the damn things :D:D:D

Stanleymad 07-02-2011 14:25

I ended up waiting till i got home for a wee, was busting but wasnt gonna go to market hall!!! 2 people headed up to peel st toilets only to discover that they were closed peeing them off litterally.

katex 07-02-2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 881499)
I ended up waiting till i got home for a wee, was busting but wasnt gonna go to market hall!!! 2 people headed up to peel st toilets only to discover that they were closed peeing them off litterally.

I am sure this will happen quite often. Have you noticed when you want to go, the nearer you get to what you think is your destination, the more the urge comes over you.

Unfortunately, small children do not let you know until they are absolutely dancing and having to go the extra '100 yards' up those steps will create a few accidents I fear.

lancsdave 07-02-2011 14:56

Just seen one lad in transit from school, probably about 11/12 year old. Ran up to the toilets saw they were closed and said to his mate as he was legging it down the street, got to go to Market Hall. I suspect he may have wet pants by now, children aren't allowed on the Market Hall balcony without an adult :eek:

katex 07-02-2011 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 881504)
I suspect he may have wet pants by now, children aren't allowed on the Market Hall balcony without an adult :eek:

Really, Dave, surely 11/12 years would not come into this catergory ? Do they state an age restriction ?