Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-new-tourist-attraction-56656.html)

BERNADETTE 01-02-2011 15:46

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Damn stupid decision if you ask me. Today saw a few mums with prams trying to access the toilets in the Market Hall and it was chaos. At least on Peel Street there is room to get prams in and out of the building

accyman 01-02-2011 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 879799)
Damn stupid decision if you ask me. Today saw a few mums with prams trying to access the toilets in the Market Hall and it was chaos. At least on Peel Street there is room to get prams in and out of the building

obvioulsy somone at the council has a disliking for parents with children and enjoys making them clamber upstairs with children and a pram unless of course nappy changing facilities are provided on the upstairs cafe's tables on route to the toilets.

how dare somebody with kids expect to have groundfloor access to toilets with changing facilities in a town center :rolleyes:

lancsdave 01-02-2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 879806)
obvioulsy somone at the council has a disliking for parents with children and enjoys making them clamber upstairs with children and a pram unless of course nappy changing facilities are provided on the upstairs cafe's tables on route to the toilets.

how dare somebody with kids expect to have groundfloor access to toilets with changing facilities in a town center :rolleyes:

The baby changing facilites are downstairs in the market hall. I've not been in but I'm sure the door says Disabled & Baby Changing so guessing it's a shared toilet.

lancsdave 01-02-2011 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 879771)
I just received this

The guys email address is: [email protected]

Time to fill up his inbox.
I will be replying shortly

I must admit I was very confused when I got the mail and feel a bit guilty now. I didn't realise he was the Town Centre Manager and was making all the decisions, I was blaming the councillors concerned.

Less 01-02-2011 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879821)
I must admit I was very confused when I got the mail and feel a bit guilty now. I didn't realise he was the Town Centre Manager and was making all the decisions, I was blaming the councillors concerned.

You got the Mail?

That's Jaysays paper!

flashy 01-02-2011 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879816)
The baby changing facilites are downstairs in the market hall. I've not been in but I'm sure the door says Disabled & Baby Changing so guessing it's a shared toilet.

they weren't sign posted when i was looking for the baby changing, i ended up upstairs looking for them, it's awful up there with a pram

lancsdave 01-02-2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 879837)
they weren't sign posted when i was looking for the baby changing, i ended up upstairs looking for them, it's awful up there with a pram

I still don't think any of them are sign posted.

flashy 01-02-2011 17:18

all that glory and the silly plank forgets to signpost the loo's.....tut

jaysay 01-02-2011 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 879781)
Looks like we all got the same reply :rolleyes: so if you use the peel st bus services or trade monday, wednesday and sunday you have to use the market, lose business or miss buses to take a long walk and possibly queue for a widdle - great use for the public is that!! All so that the market can justify its white elephant expensive existance and keep one cafe owner happy at the expense of the outside traders and general public - it stinks!!

Inprovise SM, Buckets are cheap in the Market Hall:D:D

jaysay 01-02-2011 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 879793)
No it's optional, there is at least one business open

Which one is that Dave:rolleyes:

jaysay 01-02-2011 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 879798)
correct me if i am wrong but dosnt that route take you through the cafe owned by peter britcliffs son.The very same owner who joined here and had posts removed for advertising and been extreemly rude to members.Sounds like people are been hereded towards one particular buisness to fill empty seats.

its a bit like how in the old days in the wild west they cut off water supplies to force people one way or another except in this case its cutting off water works

Thats what I like about you accyman your so quick on mate:D

jaysay 01-02-2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 879831)
You got the Mail?

That's Jaysays paper!

No it isn't Less, I can't afford Papers, I have to read um on line:p

sparkie 01-02-2011 17:50

I used the toilets in the Market Hall on saturday and all but 1 of the toilet seats in the ladies were either on the floor or on the shelf behind the loo. All were very obviously broken which meant if you didn't want to sit on the actual porcelain bowl then you had to queue for the one toilet with a seat on. I did notice too that the seat that was still attached was the wrong size and shape for the bowl it was attached too!!!

flashy 01-02-2011 17:54

there's so much going wrong in Hyndburn now it's unreal, that Britcliffe is doing a right good job aint he

JCB 01-02-2011 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 879799)

Fully agree .