Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lap Dance Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lap-dance-club-59256.html)

lancsdave 16-09-2011 17:15

Lap Dance Club

Suprised nobody has entioned the article in the Observer regarding the proposed lap dance club above Quattros.

Of course Kevin Logan is against it saying it will give the town a bad name. I guess he never goes on Maundy St ( formerly known as Abbey St )

jaysay 16-09-2011 17:39

Re: Lap Dance Club

Well I think that kevin logan gives the town a bad name, but thats another story, as for a lap dancing club, if somebody has a word with mick maybe the next Accy Web meet could be held there:dancedog:

DaveinGermany 16-09-2011 18:40

Can't see what the big deal is ? It's a business at the end of the day & if it brings work & revenue surely it should be supported. If you're the kind of person that gets a monk on over such things, well just avoid it, it really is that simple.

By the way, interesting suggestion Jay :D (I can smell singeing rubber already)

from your wheelchair ;)

cashman 16-09-2011 18:42

Well if Logans against it, they got a good chance of getting permission.:D:D;)

jaysay 16-09-2011 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 934050)
Can't see what the big deal is ? It's a business at the end of the day & if it brings work & revenue surely it should be supported. If you're the kind of person that gets a monk on over such things, well just avoid it, it really is that simple.

By the way, interesting suggestion Jay :D (I can smell singeing rubber already)

from your wheelchair ;)

Na Dave, never was my scene, out like that, never bothered wi strip clubs or out when I was younger, no use looking at sumat ya can't touch;)

cashman 16-09-2011 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934053)
Na Dave, never was my scene, out like that, never bothered wi strip clubs or out when I was younger, no use looking at sumat ya can't touch;)

oh yeh can..........but they throw yeh out.....or so they tell me.:D

jaysay 16-09-2011 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934054)

Exactly, I remember the GO GO dancers at the Cav, when a dancer was on the podium there were 4 bouncers on duty just to protect them, and we were kept very very busy:D

DaveinGermany 16-09-2011 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934054)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934056)
Exactly, I remember the GO GO dancers at the Cav, when a dancer was on the podium there were 4 bouncers on duty just to protect them, and we were kept very very busy:D

See, that's the problem with UK, so uncouth,why can't people just accept the aesthetics of the female form jiggling it about a bit with out wanting to grab hold of bits ? Should be more like Canada (I'm sure Eric can regale you as to things over there :)), Med hat the "Silver buckle" "Sin bin" & "Corona bar" bring back some very fond memories, without recourse to acting like a squid ! :D

Less 17-09-2011 09:40

I don't think I'll be going, no doubt the 'ladies' will be of similar low standard as those on Freeviews 'Babestation'.

Have these people never heard of the trade description act?
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Hobb...eird_moves.gif

jaysay 17-09-2011 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 934158)
I don't think I'll be going, no doubt the 'ladies' will be of similar low standard as those on Freeviews 'Babestation'.

Have these people never heard of the trade description act?
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Hobb...eird_moves.gif

Na I don't fancy yours either less:rolleyes:

heth 17-09-2011 09:47

Thats the thing Less, if your gonna have a lap dancing club the 'ladies' should be upto standard! ;) :D

I dont have a problem with opening a lap dancing club in town, each to there own.

Just a question though, do you have to pay to get into these places?

flashy 17-09-2011 09:47

ah leave them to it, they will at least be in a paid job, good on them i say

jaysay 17-09-2011 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 934164)
Thats the thing Less, if your gonna have a lap dancing club the 'ladies' should be upto standard! ;) :D

I dont have a problem with opening a lap dancing club in town, each to there own.

Just a question though, do you have to pay to get into these places?

Which places are you talking about:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cashman 17-09-2011 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934168)

Why are yeh thinking of wednesday afternoons?:D:D:D

Wynonie Harris 17-09-2011 09:56

is this place going to be open Saturday lunchtimes?

Just asking for a friend.

MargaretR 17-09-2011 10:03

I can see Quattros restaurant closing not longer after this club above it opens.
They must already be feeling the pinch from Wetherspoons opening nearby, and the ambience of romantic dining just won't happen with a rowdy club above it.

heth 17-09-2011 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934168)

Lap dancing venues DOH!! :rolleyes:;):D

Just asking for a friend. :p

MargaretR 17-09-2011 10:13

I suppose night life needs to cater for all tastes, including low life:rolleyes:

Less 17-09-2011 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 934179)
I suppose night life needs to cater for all tastes, including low life:rolleyes:

Go for it Mags you could be the novelty act.
:)

jaysay 17-09-2011 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934169)
Why are yeh thinking of wednesday afternoons?:D:D:D

Well if they've got a lift;)

jaysay 17-09-2011 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 934177)
Lap dancing venues DOH!! :rolleyes:;):D

Just asking for a friend. :p

Funny that heth it must be catching, that asking for a friend, Wyn seems to have a friend interested as well:rolleyes::rolleyes:

heth 17-09-2011 11:03

Yeah I spotted that!

Dont know why people cant ask for themselves................................;)

accyman 17-09-2011 11:09

i accidental entered a strip club in Bolton when out celebrating a 1 year milestone after surgery..

Staying there wasnt an accident though and as it was my mates treat i cost him about £50 which was five dances back then.

I dont remember much as i was drunk but i get flashbacks occasionally of a dull lit room full of women and lots of boobs on display.

I suppose if your dancer isnt what you expected you can lean aside and watch someone elses :)

No broken bones the next day so i musnt have touched anything i wasnt supposed to :D

edit:

dont see what the problem is we had a whipping joint not so long ago and i never heard of any trouble

garinda 17-09-2011 17:54

If pubs are struggling in Accy, I can't see this lasting long.

Not the sort of place you'll go if you're young and on the pull.

Nor a place you're likely to take a date to.

If it was the first lap dancing club in the northwest they might have stood a chance with the stag party market.

But as it stands it's an already saturated business.

Morally? Can't see a problem.

We've already had a sado-masochist den next door to our M.P.'s office, where you could pay hookers to have your arse tanned.

Suprised that the self-appointed moral crusader Kev the former Rev has got all giddy and excited about it?

No.

Talking about whores will give that particular media whore more column inches.

Since all publicity is good publicity in this case, both the dancing whores, and the media whore, are in a win/win situation.

garinda 17-09-2011 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934053)
no use looking at sumat ya can't touch;)

You must have been one on your own.

Never looking at a nubile young lady bounce along on a hot summer's day...even though touching wouldn't be wise, unless you had a desire to be arrested.

:rolleyes::D

garinda 17-09-2011 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934165)
ah leave them to it, they will at least be in a paid job, good on them i say

Agree.

I did use the word hookers to describe the dancers.

That's really just because they're paid for provinding a service, in what's legally a licenced sex establishment.

Good luck to 'em.

Better to shake your ass, and get paid for it, than to sit at home on it, unable to get any other work.

annesingleton 17-09-2011 18:33

Pound shops, charity shops, empty shops, lapdancing clubs, what a classy place Accrington is becoming!

flashy 17-09-2011 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 934271)
Pound shops, charity shops, empty shops, lapdancing clubs, what a classy place Accrington is becoming!

so move then

annesingleton 17-09-2011 18:36

No, I love living here!

flashy 17-09-2011 18:39

don't moan about the place unless you can change the place

annesingleton 17-09-2011 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934277)
don't moan about the place unless you can change the place

Sorry not moaning, it just seems a bit sad, there's so much potential in Accrington that isn't being realised but I suppose it's no different than lots of towns in Britain, and you're right, there's nothing I or most other people can do about it.

garinda 17-09-2011 18:56

Known since ancient times.

First rule of business.

Sex sells.

Tootless old hag selling apples in the Garden of Eden - struggles to cover overheads.

Pretty young girl selling apples, same location, quids in.

;)

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 19:27

The rot set in when Wetherspoons opened; some of us warned about this at the time, but were ignored. So next time, read carefully and learn from what Uncle Tealeaf writes.

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 19:29

If there are men out there who have money to spend and they want to throw it away in this manner......then let them.

I can't see it lasting long.........there are too many enthusiastic amateurs about who will do this for nowt.

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 19:29

Uncle Tealeaf...you are getting like C'mon....don't you have another tune you can play on your fiddle?

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934297)
Uncle Tealeaf...you are getting like C'mon....don't you have another tune you can play on your fiddle?

You silly woman...give us an argument, not an insult.

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934302)

It takes one to know one....as for the insult....... isn't that what you have just done? Ah well never mind....you obviously DO only have one tune on your fiddle.

flashy 17-09-2011 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934302)

:/

plank

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 19:46

I couldn't give a shiny shizzle to what some gormless males do........if they want to think with what is in their trouser pocket, and pay through the nose for the privilege, than that is up to them.

Eric 17-09-2011 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934306)
I couldn't give a shiny shizzle to what some gormless males do........if they want to think with what is in their trouser pocket, and pay through the nose for the privilege, than that is up to them.

Talking of gormless folks, our local jiggle joint regularly has male strippers to entertain the girls. The place seems to boom more on these nites than it regularly does. Also, the Plaza (our local peeler bar, commonly known as the "Plazoo" or just the "Zoo") has the most expensive beer in town:mad: We only have one strip club left in town ... the other one, the Commadore (or "Commonwhore" as the locals called it) was closed down by the horsemen after the Rock Machine bought it.

I was listening to the radio the other day and some clowns were discussing the demographics of the peeler trade in TO; seems like lots of the dancers are university students ... with the high cost of education, go figure:rolleyes:

accyman 17-09-2011 20:08

i couldn't visit the place even if i wanted to

knowing my luck my brother would see me coming out of the gaff and grass me up to mi mam :rolleyes:

Thinking about it everyone seems to know my mam , i would be busted within 5 mins of leaving the place :(

mind you it could be worse i could go in and find my mam on the pole :eek:

garinda 17-09-2011 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934297)

Perhaps 'fiddle' wasn't the most appropriate word, when discussing old Teabag, and dodgy clubs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 64082)
Hi Lancs Lad............if you're still desperate for your leg over in Accy, then I'm afraid I can't help you. However, if you're ever down in the big smoke, then I suggest you visit this little establishment..........just give 'em my name on the door & again with some of the girlies....they'll look after you.

World of Wicked - Fetish BDSM Parties and Events

Have fun.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ng-4160-2.html

garinda 17-09-2011 20:16

Come on Tealeaf, spill.

(If you'll excuse the pun.)

What's the score, for those who've never ventured to the darker side?

http://winetalk.com/forum/images/smilies/Bondage.gif

http://fc08.deviantart.net/images/la...age_Smiley.gif

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 20:17

Hmmmmm, G...was that said tongue in cheek? or was it something else?
No Please don't answer....I can see where this is leading and we will only get into trouble.......and I will tell them that you led me astray......:D:D:D

garinda 17-09-2011 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934319)
Hmmmmm, G...was that said tongue in cheek? or was it something else?
No Please don't answer....I can see where this is leading and we will only get into trouble.......and I will tell them that you led me astray......:D:D:D

We could always organise a trip down to Lahndan, and visit the recommended den of iniquity.

Then do as he suggests.

Give Tealeaf's name on the door, and to the 'girlies' inside, and see what happens.

:D

cashman 17-09-2011 20:24

Tealeaf n me good self were only discussing this subject at the match this aft, n i aint gonna tell yehs either.:D:D:D

Wynonie Harris 17-09-2011 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934321)
Tealeaf n me good self were only discussing this subject at the match this aft, n i aint gonna tell yehs either.:D:D:D

Yeah, but he never said owt about this place down the smoke. Will have to ask him next time he's up for the match. ;)

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934305)
:/

plank

Idiot.
Why don't you read my initial post? If you can't understand it, let me reiterate;

a) Wetherspoons opened a retail establishment in Accy a couple of months ago; this bar - no different than others in their ubiquitous chain - is cheap and cheerful, designed to draw the punters in with knock-down booze prices and stodgy carbohydrate consumed on the premises.

b) This has been swiftly followed by the planned or actual opening of a number of other town centre dives dispensing alcohol for consumption on the premises.

c) There now appears to be a consensus on this website (with a few notable and honourable exceptions) that the driving force behind the rejuvenation of the local economy should be the creation of more of these establishments. We have had one clown on here only a few weeks ago complaining that the local newspaper was not prepared to give free publicity to his latest enterprise. Personally, if I was the editor of the AO, then I would have done, at the same time as reporting the additional cost to the taxpayer of the police and the NHS for the social costs of such an establishment (UK average, £8pds pp/customer per night). The taxpayer pays the costs; the pub/bar owners take the profit.

d) No surprise, then, that we now have a planned lap dancing club. The funny thing is that where these things started off in the UK - in London - they're now dying out. Rather passé, I'm afraid - a little bit like tattoo parlours, tanning salons, curry joints and similar rubbish associated with the dross of a squalid urban environment. So I would respectfully suggest that if HBC has any sense, permission for this 'sex encounter' club should be immediately thrown out.

garinda 17-09-2011 20:57

1 Attachment(s)
As Teabag said, it's not exactly new, and cutting edge.

Let's not forget who imported the idea of lap dancing clubs over from the States.

Peter Stringthong.

Pictured here in 1996 with one of the first dancers at his London club, the Cabaret of Angels.

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 20:58

With respect Tealeaf.....I think there is a big difference between Wetherspoons and a lap dancing club.
I could quite happily see myself going into Wetherspoons for a drink...but I would not be frequenting a lap dancing club.

While we know that you don't like Wetherspoons(for you have not missed an opportunity to remind us, as if we could forget) it seems to be doing well and has obviously found a niche in the market for such a service.

Which other town centre 'dives' are you referring to?

annesingleton 17-09-2011 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934323)
Idiot.
Why don't you read my initial post? If you can't understand it, let me reiterate;

a) Wetherspoons opened a retail establishment in Accy a couple of months ago; this bar - no different than others in their ubiquitous chain - is cheap and cheerful, designed to draw the punters in with knock-down booze prices and stodgy carbohydrate consumed on the premises.

b) This has been swiftly followed by the planned or actual opening of a number of other town centre dives dispensing alcohol for consumption on the premises.

c) There now appears to be a consensus on this website (with a few notable and honourable exceptions) that the driving force behind the rejuvenation of the local economy should be the creation of more of these establishments. We have had one clown on here only a few weeks ago complaining that the local newspaper was not prepared to give free publicity to his latest enterprise. Personally, if I was the editor of the AO, then I would have done, at the same time as reporting the additional cost to the taxpayer of the police and the NHS for the social costs of such an establishment (UK average, £8pds pp/customer per night). The taxpayer pays the costs; the pub/bar owners take the profit.

d) No surprise, then, that we now have a planned lap dancing club. The funny thing is that where these things started off in the UK - in London - they're now dying out. Rather passé, I'm afraid - a little bit like tattoo parlours, tanning salons, curry joints and similar rubbish associated with the dross of a squalid urban environment. So I would respectfully suggest that if HBC has any sense, permission for this 'sex encounter' club should be immediately thrown out.

I fully agree with these comments but doubt that the application will be thrown out.

Wynonie Harris 17-09-2011 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934323)

So where are these drinking dives that have opened up in Accy since the arrival of Wetherspoons? I like drinking dives. :)

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934328)
With respect Tealeaf.....I think there is a big difference between Wetherspoons and a lap dancing club.

Superficially there may be; but the underlying theme is the same - it is the debasement of once accepted standards (be they ethical, moral, or even simple culinary). I am simply not going to sign up to that.

flashy 17-09-2011 21:15

Moron
whats wrong? Haven't had an argument for a while? Haven't been the center of attention so you thought you'd bring all the Weatherspoons crap up again, go get a life darling, this website doesn't revolve around YOU

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934334)
Moron
whats wrong? Haven't had an argument for a while? Haven't been the center of attention so you thought you'd bring all the Weatherspoons crap up again, go get a life darling, this website doesn't revolve around YOU

It's now 10.18pm.

Please take your medication and go straight to bed.

Goodnight and sweet dreams.

garinda 17-09-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934331)
I am simply not going to sign up to that.

Did you have to sign up to get in to this?

World of Wicked - Fetish BDSM Parties and Events

flashy 17-09-2011 21:21

Bet the only thing he signs for nowadays G is his meals on wheels

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 934336)

Oh dear..the sacrifices one has to make in the line of one's work.

garinda 17-09-2011 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934338)
Oh dear..the sacrifices one has to make in the line of one's work.

You worked there?

Holy bejesus!

No wondering they're all closing down.

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 934339)
You worked there?

Holy bejesus!

No wondering they're all closing down.

Aye...god works in mysterious ways.

flashy 17-09-2011 21:32

There's a funny smell coming from this thread at the moment.....bull summut or other

Michael1954 17-09-2011 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934340)
Aye...god works in mysterious ways.

His wonders to perform.

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:41

Flashy...I've told you once before to go to bed.

Why are you so defensive about this establishment?

Is it by any chance that you have signed up to be one of the 'artistes'?

If so, can you let us know what nights you will be appearing?

Assuming me and some of t'lads from on here then turn up, will you be prepared to give us a group discount?

And if so, how much?

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934331)
Superficially there may be; but the underlying theme is the same - it is the debasement of once accepted standards (be they ethical, moral, or even simple culinary). I am simply not going to sign up to that.

There is nothing superficial about it.
If you are talking about the lap dancing venue in a moral or ethical sense, then the two(Wetherspoons and the lap dancing venue) are miles apart.
No-one(as far as I am aware) is asking you to sign up to anything.
No-one is going to force you across the threshold of Wetherspoons.
People who go there exercise their right of choice........and to them Wetherspoons is acceptable.

You may be able to frequent establishments that you feel are superior to Wetherspoons.......others are not as fortunate as you......a) because they don't exist around the town centre....b) because they can't afford to .......c) they know nothing better.

flashy 17-09-2011 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934344)
Flashy...I've told you once before to go to bed.

Why are you so defensive about this establishment?

Is it by any chance that you have signed up to be one of the 'artistes'?

If so, can you let us know what nights you will be appearing?

Assuming me and some of t'lads from on here then turn up, will you be prepared to give us a group discount?

And if so, how much?

jeez you've found me out.... yes i am the hostess at this new place...Wednesdays will be our OAP night, we do discounts for the over 50's so you'll be able to save a bit of money, we also have a loyalty card for bald men

Tealeaf 17-09-2011 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934346)
jeez you've found me out.... yes i am the hostess at this new place...Wednesdays will be our OAP night, we do discounts for the over 50's so you'll be able to save a bit of money, we also have a loyalty card for bald men

Very good..the hostess with the mostess...can you let me and t'lads have 20 VIP invites for the opening night...the usual trimmings..free shampoo..caviar..foie gras..a couple of private hours each with dancers of our choice in order to convince them of the error of their ways.

I take it that's sorted, then.

flashy 17-09-2011 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934349)
Very good..the hostess with the mostess...can you let me and t'lads have 20 VIP invites for the opening night...the usual trimmings..free shampoo..caviar..foie gras..a couple of private hours each with dancers of our choice in order to convince them of the error of their ways.

now normally this kind of party wouldn't be a problem but unfortunately due to health and safety we are forbidden to allow zimmer frames and wheelchairs into the establishment, you may be more suited to the Bingo hall a few hundred yards down the road, i can find the number out for you if you need to book

cashman 17-09-2011 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934345)
others are not as fortunate as you......a) because they don't exist around the town centre....b) because they can't afford to .......c) they know nothing better.

Have to disagree Margaret P, as i can't afford Rip Off Wetherspoons,:eek: on my only visit being unable to drink,i ordered half a coke, to be charged £1-65p:eek: needless to say,i aint bin in since n will never enter again,

Margaret Pilkington 17-09-2011 22:11

So Cashy, if you cannot afford Wetherspoons, then you have no chance to afford the kind of place that Uncle Tealeaf (probably)visits, and no doubt will be unlikely to be able to afford the Lap dancing venue either:D

Eric 17-09-2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934351)
Have to disagree Margaret P, as i can't afford Rip Off Wetherspoons,:eek: on my only visit being unable to drink,i ordered half a coke, to be charged £1-65p:eek: needless to say,i aint bin in since n will never enter again,

Ok, so what's half a coke:confused: ... for that price I would hazzard a guess at half a gallon:eek::D

Eric 17-09-2011 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934346)

What about old men like me, ones with beards and pony tails:confused::rolleyes::D

flashy 17-09-2011 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 934355)
Ok, so what's half a coke:confused: ... for that price I would hazzard a guess at half a gallon:eek::D

half a pint

flashy 17-09-2011 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 934356)
What about old men like me, ones with beards and pony tails:confused::rolleyes::D

you have hair so would unfortunately be exempt from claiming a loyalty card, if you have good use of all your legs and don't need to use a zimmer or a wheelchair then you will be more than welcome, we aren't ageist, remember WEDNESDAY is OAP day so you will be saving a bit coming in on that day

Eric 17-09-2011 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934357)
half a pint

Oh, ok ... for some weird reason I thought that was only for beer ... silly me:o So there are actually people who order a pint of that toxic waste:eek:

cashman 17-09-2011 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934353)
So Cashy, if you cannot afford Wetherspoons, then you have no chance to afford the kind of place that Uncle Tealeaf (probably)visits, and no doubt will be unlikely to be able to afford the Lap dancing venue either:D

Ah but i mean i can't afford it on principal.;)

cashman 17-09-2011 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 934359)
Oh, ok ... for some weird reason I thought that was only for beer ... silly me:o So there are actually people who order a pint of that toxic waste:eek:

Yeh Eric, they told me to buy a pint cos it would only cost me £1-80, n they weren't offended either when i said its crap i only require half. so fair play to the barmaid.;)

spignific 17-09-2011 23:18

da ja vie
i recall Nolan being against a fun pub/table dancers bar opening on church street about 20 years ago.it was cynthia paine and that 'spex' owner bloke that wanted to open it.
Anyway it wouldnt last long would it.How many stag do's come to accy ? also if it was more than 2.40 a pint everyone would complain and moan,like a lot do in accy wetherspoons :)

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934365)
Ah but i mean i can't afford it on principal.;)

Cashy you could always try something cheaper. Your principles don't stop you from doing that do they?
These kind of places make their money on soft drinks.........and public houses have been known, in the past, to do the same(we can't persuade a driver to buy beer so we'll make the coca cola as expensive to make uo for our loss).........much as in WHSmiths do when they sell a small bottle of Fanta for £1.45.......when you can buy a two litre bottle for 79pence......yes it is a rip off, and no-one likes to think they have been ripped off.
The last time I was in one of these places........I had a pot of tea for 99p.......that was, in my book, good value for money.

I hate Coca Cola anyway!

jaysay 18-09-2011 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 934263)
You must have been one on your own.

Never looking at a nubile young lady bounce along on a hot summer's day...even though touching wouldn't be wise, unless you had a desire to be arrested.

Exactly, thats the reason why:D

jaysay 18-09-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934306)

I could never understand men paying to go to strip clubs certainly was never on my agenda, but as Shaz said earlier sex sells. I can remember back in the early seventies a pub we used in south London called the Adam and Eve, the landlady a very voluptuous blond worked behind the bar topless and nearly every pub on the old Kent Road had topless go go dancers, you just couldn't get away from it, somehow I don't think it would have taken off in Accy though:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 09:45

yes John.....as Tealeaf observed......it is so passe.

jaysay 18-09-2011 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 934349)

Um you seem to know a hell of a lot about what goes on at these establishments Tealeaf:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 09:55

he might just have an over-active imagination.

It is a bit like the joke about one woman telling another that she had seen her friends husband chasing women.....the woman looked not too concerned about it and said.....'dogs chase cars too, but when was the last time you saw one driving?'

jaysay 18-09-2011 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934406)
he might just have an over-active imagination.

It is a bit like the joke about one woman telling another that she had seen her friends husband chasing women.....the woman looked not too concerned about it and said.....'dogs chase cars too, but when was the last time you saw one driving?'

Very droll Margaret, very droll:D

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 10:46

Well John, I thought it was funny........the best ones are the old ones.

cashman 18-09-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934395)
Cashy you could always try something cheaper. Your principles don't stop you from doing that do they?
These kind of places make their money on soft drinks.........and public houses have been known, in the past, to do the same(we can't persuade a driver to buy beer so we'll make the coca cola as expensive to make uo for our loss).........much as in WHSmiths do when they sell a small bottle of Fanta for £1.45.......when you can buy a two litre bottle for 79pence......yes it is a rip off, and no-one likes to think they have been ripped off.
The last time I was in one of these places........I had a pot of tea for 99p.......that was, in my book, good value for money.

I hate Coca Cola anyway!

yeh me principles do stop me,whist you hate the stuff, i prefer it to other soft drinks,its the one i detest least.;) if i go in the normal accyweb watering hole the same drink costs me £1 -still a rip off, but much cheaper n that place.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 10:55

Have a coffee next time Cashy.......I'm not a big fan of coffee but I had one in their Manchester pub and it was alright......it wasn't 99p(a pot of tea was though)......I think it was £1.49...cheaper than lots of places. Hot and a big tall mug.

cashman 18-09-2011 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934429)
Have a coffee next time Cashy.......I'm not a big fan of coffee but I had one in their Manchester pub and it was alright......it wasn't 99p(a pot of tea was though)......I think it was £1.49...cheaper than lots of places. Hot and a big tall mug.

nah margaret if i want coffee i prefer a coffee shop, don't ask why its just me way, another thing that irks me about that place,is my assumption right or wrong? that quite a few pop in through the afternoon fer a snack etc wi kids, kids don't sup ale so there ripping families off, that dont sit well wi me.

Margaret Pilkington 18-09-2011 11:21

If they couldn't afford it Cashy, they wouldn't go.
I know my daughter and her husband take their two to the carvery as an occasional treat...they really look forward to going and I guess it is one of the first steps to getting them used ot eating out........Mc Donkeys isn't in the frame as far as eating out goes.

jaysay 18-09-2011 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 934425)
Well John, I thought it was funny........the best ones are the old ones.

reminds me of the one about the bloke gets stopped by the police at 4am and asked where he was going, he said I just off to a lecture about the evils of drink and the effect it has on the family and family life, the coppers says who on earth gives such lectures at 4am, he said The Wife:D

annesingleton 18-09-2011 16:40

Is this thread about a lap dancing club opening in Accrington? Doesn't seem like it! I love Accrington but I hate the ongoing deterioration within the town which nobody seems to be bothered about - and as for Witherspoons, all l I can do is applaud them for seeing something which nobody else seems tro understand - would you rather have witherspoons who have transformed the Regency or a sleazy lapdancing club - I'm quite cross!

flashy 18-09-2011 17:06

I think some aren't seeing this right....you can't see stag do's coming to accy to go to a lap dancing club.....i can, it'll be cheaper than them going further afield to lapdancing clubs in Manchester and other areas, it will bring some money and jobs back to Accy, i'm going on a hen do in Manchester in November...why? Because there isn't enough entertainment in Accy or Blackburn, if there was then believe me we would be spending our money closer to home

annesingleton 18-09-2011 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 934470)
I think some aren't seeing this right....you can't see stag do's coming to accy to go to a lap dancing club.....i can, it'll be cheaper than them going further afield to lapdancing clubs in Manchester and other areas, it will bring some money and jobs back to Accy, i'm going on a hen do in Manchester in November...why? Because there isn't enough entertainment in Accy or Blackburn, if there was then believe me we would be spending our money closer to home

From my experience which isn't perhaps a lot, these days people want to get out of their immediate environment to go on stag and hen do's and so would want to get out of Accrington (not that I agree they should be doing) so I cant see anyone wanting to come to a lapdancing club here for what could be much better in the cities of the UK or abroad? I know I sound really negative but I can see so much more for Accrington and it really frustrates me!

Stumped 18-09-2011 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 934314)
Perhaps 'fiddle' wasn't the most appropriate word, when discussing old Teabag, and dodgy clubs.

Love the gloves!

Benipete 18-09-2011 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 934471)
From my experience which isn't perhaps a lot, these days people want to get out of their immediate environment to go on stag and hen do's and so would want to get out of Accrington (not that I agree they should be doing) so I cant see anyone wanting to come to a lapdancing club here for what could be much better in the cities of the UK or abroad? I know I sound really negative but I can see so much more for Accrington and it really frustrates me!

What Is lap dancing.:confused: Sounds like I could be accused of breaking an ankle or worse.:D:D

annesingleton 18-09-2011 19:21

It sounds like nobody is really bothered about this issue, perhaps this is why Accrington is in its current situation of decline with nobody really caring what happens in the future, never mind about what's going on now! I find it very sad.

flashy 18-09-2011 19:40

:rolleyes: you couldn't be further from the truth lady

garinda 18-09-2011 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 934501)
It sounds like nobody is really bothered about this issue, perhaps this is why Accrington is in its current situation of decline with nobody really caring what happens in the future, never mind about what's going on now! I find it very sad.

You keep saying you're very sad.

We get that.

How would you change that?

You say 'nobody is really bothered about this issue'.

Trust me, this has been quite a fast moving thread for Accy Web, with many people expressing their opinion on 'this issue'.

I fail to see what more can be expected.

I do agree with you on one point though.

I think part of a stag night experience is travelling somewhere away from home.

The 'you don't defecate on your own doorstep' theory.

;)

garinda 18-09-2011 19:45

No good saying 'What goes on on tour, stays on tour'.

If your next door neighbour's grandad's girlfriend's best friend is sitting at the bar, spying on you.

Eager to spread the word about what you got up to on your stag do.

;) :D

annesingleton 18-09-2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 934507)
You keep saying you're very sad.

We get that.

How would you change that?

You say 'nobody is really bothered about this issue'.

Trust me, this has been quite a fast moving thread for Accy Web, with many people expressing their opinion on 'this issue'.

I fail to see what more can be expected.

I do agree with you on one point though.

I think part of a stag night experience is travelling somewhere away from home.

The 'you don't defecate on your own doorstep' theory.

;)

I agree it seems to be a fast moving thread but not really keeping to the issue, a lot of fly comments included. I really don't know how to change things, other than rather than playing to the lowest common denominator, Accrington should be trying to aim a bit higher? I'm sure that other residents of the Accrington area would like to be able to socialise safely in the town centre in the evening which is not really an option at present.